Options

Have you enjoyed your Summer so far?

2»

Comments

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Movie wise, yes. I think it's the best Summer for movies in years.
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    It's been raining a lot and I haven't had that much vacation, only two weeks. But I've managed to go out to the archipelago twice, go to a music festival, been to a quiz out in the sun, seen Billy Idol and Robert Plant live. This week I will go out into the archipelago again and there are more concerts coming up, so I feel good about my summer.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    edited August 2015
    June kind of sucked because all it did was fuckin rain rain rain rain and more rain. But then again, summer doesn't officially start til the end of June so I guess my summer has been pretty good. Moved to a new, nicer, more affordable apartment. Had some friends over for the 4th & fireworks.
    I've only made one kayak trip so far since I've been pretty busy on the weekends but it was a nice 7 hour trip!
    We've managed to sit outside nearly every Thursday for wing night this year! The last couple summers it seemed to rain more often then not on Thursdays. It's been nice to sit outside with friends, eat, drink, & be merry!
    Also only made it one baseball game (minor league) but one of my friends was the guest National Anthem singer that day. She sang at a game last year and they invited her back this season!
    Let's see what August has in store!

P.S. I love the heat! I will take summer heat over frigid ass winter ANY day!!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    well...let's see...

the heat killed off my peas.
    the heat is slowly killing off the tomatoes-I thought they were supposed to like heat.
    the corn and sunflowers love the heat, I swear they grow 6" every day.
    the sun also made all of my herbs bolt and seed faster than I expected/wanted them to.
    we've had a record of 90º plus weather since summer started-it's too f'n HOT

I got an air conditioner-so it's been a bit more tolerable. I love the long days and warm nights, I'm sad it's coming to an end soon, but I'm glad all those screaming kids are going back to school.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Kathy and I were able to get to the pool yesterday. It was freaking fantastic!
    Pool wasn't too crowded, and the weather was perfect.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Sort of. I went on vacation for 2.5 weeks in June and had a great time, and great weather. Other than that the weather locally has been decidedly un-summery, and I've been so busy (good busy) that the weeks just fly by. Pros and cons.
  • Options
    Summer is quickly coming to an end.
    We have had a couple of "autumn like" days, here in Chicago.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Heading up to Vermont for Labor Day weekend. That and a few more games at Fenway should about do it.

Time to buy some snow shovels and something called a roof rake.
    I SAW PEARL JAM