Converse New Chuck Taylor's Get A Comfort Boost

g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
edited July 2015 in All Encompassing Trip
I can remember my first pair in Boston 1971 they cost $7.50. They were white high tops like most of the players wore on the Celtics. From there I got the green my favorite, red, black in later years green low top crushed leather. Those CTs were like the Air Jordan's of that time, you just couldn't have some knucklehead step on your "Chucks".

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2015/07/21/after-years-converse-set-unveil-chuck-taylor/RdAdxoiLOs8dva8tHtVxLN/story.html

Great to hear the company is making the insides more comfortable. Chucks were never known for their comfort levels but did in 70's have NBA star Julius "Dr J" Erving become a spokesman for the company. The company is now owned by Nike so these new sneakers I have to get in high tops gree naturally.....just to be styling.

Peace
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by g under p on

Comments

• HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    Used to have a problem with Chucks, as in I owned way too many. I've kept two pairs. All black and black & white. I went into a Converse store last year and was overwhelmed with not only how many choices there are now, but the price. Yikes! And these new ones will go for $80. I might try a pair on to see how they feel. :smile:
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    Hobbes said:

Used to have a problem with Chucks, as in I owned way too many. I've kept two pairs. All black and black & white. I went into a Converse store last year and was overwhelmed with not only how many choices there are now, but the price. Yikes! And these new ones will go for $80. I might try a pair on to see how they feel. :smile:

Yeah, $80 I know. When the price went up from $7.50 to $9.50 and even though I wasn't paying for them I went into shock.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)