EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    False. I look at my adopted daughter and know that there are portions of her character that she has picked up from my husband and me. As a result of having a bit of a relationship with siblings and the adoptive parents, there are absolute portions of disposition of character that my daughter has that she shares with siblings alone. Those traits are unique to them and their family genetics.

I don't really know why you've decided to ask, but that will be my contribution as a real life example. Feel free to think I'm wrong. I know what I know.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,901
    deadendp said:

False. I look at my adopted daughter and know that there are portions of her character that she has picked up from my husband and me. As a result of having a bit of a relationship with siblings and the adoptive parents, there are absolute portions of disposition of character that my daughter has that she shares with siblings alone. Those traits are unique to them and their family genetics.

I don't really know why you've decided to ask, but that will be my contribution as a real life example. Feel free to think I'm wrong. I know what I know.

you're supposed to state something now and we get to rule whether fact or fiction. :wink:

BTW - we disagreed on the first one. Did you adopt your daughter at birth?

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Okay y'all, I get a lil defensive (read- a lot) in regard to things that can be different regarding things with adoption.

Yes-- our daughter, though a county baby, was a day and a half old when we got her. She was initially on foster only status. (They knew we had intentions of adopting if it were possible.) From the day she was placed into our arms to the day that her adoption was finalized, she was with us 2 days shy of a year. The way the county works, it is like driving from Ohio to California in a day.

And yes, I obviously misunderstood. Sorry. Mama hat off. I should read better next time.

True with correlation between genetics and disposition. Now to more carefully follow directions.

Monsanto basically as a whole is the reasoning for the decline of many pollinator species.

I'm so confused by the monsanto question I couldn't possibly answer.

Fact: baseball is thebest of the four major sports.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    So very not true!

Fact, baseball is as boring as golf.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    False, I like golf much better than I like to watch baseball. :lol:

The USA should spend more money (A higher percent of the national budget) on NASA and space exploration.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
    imalive said:

I'm so confused by the monsanto question I couldn't possibly answer.

Round-Up ready crops can be directly sprayed with Round-Up weed killer, thus killing native host plants for Monarchs. Their host plant is milkweed, which is normally found intermingled with crops in growing fields. Pollinators such as butterflies and bees are suffering from chemical warfare.
    FrankieG said:

False, I like golf much better than I like to watch baseball. :lol:

The USA should spend more money (A higher percent of the national budget) on NASA and space exploration.

True.

A better manner of public school funding should be created.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    True, but I believe that just another group would bitch and complain at the new way it's funded.

The moon landing was staged.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    False. Too many moving pieces and people.

The US should stop spending so much money abroad and focus on our own issues for a little while.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Fact: The US should stop spending money. We are $18.3 billion dollars in debt

Michael Jordan played minor league baseball at the peak of his career because he was issued a secret suspension from David Stern for being involved in illegal gambling
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Jason P said:

Michael Jordan played minor league baseball at the peak of his career because he was issued a secret suspension from David Stern for being involved in illegal gambling

If only that number were in the billions, Jason.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    Jason P said:

:open_mouth: say it's not true!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Jason P said:

False. Yea, the commissioner of the nba is going to suspend the greatest player of all time for legally gambling in Atlantic City.

I fully understand how this thread works.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    True, it's working just as you would expect with degenerates participating.

Fact: it is better for your to exercise outside doing whole body activities than to work out in a gym.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Posts: 2,682
    Probably true, especially if it involves more social interaction!

Religion should not be taught in schools, unless purely as a sociological study of history and psychology
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    True, if I understand your meaning. I'm in favour of comparative religion studies as a means of understanding culture and opening eyes to different points of view.

Fact: both tea and coffee have been found to have health benefits.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    True. Every attempt to find something wrong with coffee and tea results in finding health benefits. Get your caffeine from plants, people, not Red Bull.

Fact: tobacco is really, really bad for you.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    False: tobacco alone is no more harmful than other plants you might smoke. It becomes harmful when processed commercially for sale and all number of toxins are added. So yes cigarettes are bad for you but tobacco no.

Fact: cats are better than dogs.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    false dogs have masters cats have staff therefore (dogs are a mans best friend)
    but if you were to pick a life as better fun cats have good balance and hunting skills and have a better life than dogs by being able to be agile jumping fences climbing tree and roofs eating other cats foods and
    fighting other cats and generally hunting except for getting hit by a car
    dogs get more affection but are restricted to owners to taking them out are happy for company always provided to you spoil them for their god the belly

fact:: the weather isnt like how it used to be
    true.

fact: pearl jam's best work is behind them :tired_face:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    edited July 2015
    Unless Jack Irons somehow takes over for a studio session ... (can't say it aloud, but we know)

Fact: JJ Watt is the baddest motherfucker in Texas
  • The world has gotten less funny. I can't seem to belly laugh anymore. Or maybe i have gotten crotchety. Im not that old. I love to laugh, but if you have experienced otherwise, please feel free.
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I have good belly laughs still, so I don't think the world nec has gotten less funny...

Fact: Animals/pets make a house a home...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,630
    True! I can't imagine our home without Annie The Cat.

Fact, drinking lots of black tea stains a person esophagus, stomach and intestines.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I'm gonna go with possibly true....it does stain teeth over time if you aren't careful....so who knows....

FACT: Breaking bad habits is a challenge....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!