Options

INSOUND currently having a sale - a few good vinyl deals (Sept 14, 2016)

2»

Comments

• Options
    slinger256slinger256 Victoria Posts: 371
    So my package just arrived 2 days after ordering. The UPS service they used was in fact an express. As a result there was no brokerage fee just the standard tax and duty. Additional $18 so no complaints. At 50% the entire purchase I still came out on top.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,630

So my package just arrived 2 days after ordering. The UPS service they used was in fact an express. As a result there was no brokerage fee just the standard tax and duty. Additional $18 so no complaints. At 50% the entire purchase I still came out on top.

Yay :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434

scurtis said:

Heads up to Canadian crew...they ship UPS. I had my tracking email come today and fumed when I saw it. It was so reasonable but didn't do my due diligence before I pulled the trigger. Im sure I will be heading down to my local CBSA office to broker the package myself.

Yeah I just saw that too, I am trying to cancel my order in case it's a notice for a shipping label.

I'm likely SOL though.

How do you broker a package yourself?
    I take the purchase invoice to my CBSA office downtown and tell them Id like to pay the duty and taxes on my purchase. They give me a form with all their fancy stamps and sigs. I fax/email it to UPS and then when it's delivered or picked up they can't ask for their "brokerage fee" as I've already brokered it.

These Insound orders are shipping with a service I haven't seen before, Next Morning Express. I called UPS to see if the brokering is covered under the cost of shipping and they said its a minimal fee, possibly $10 ish.

If that's it, I can swallow that. Fingers crossed.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

scurtis said:

PJ_Soul said:

Wow, so you guys just won't accept anything from UPS? Why? I know they charge the duty upon delivery for over a certain amount, but isn't that made up for with the cheaper shipping cost?

Last time I paid $40 for a $40 record. I cringe at what this could be as I ordered five records.

I admit, I have had some lower ones, but this one I think will offset the whole 50% off thing.

Oh well... No way of knowing.
    That's fucked up. There shouldn't even be any duty on something that only cost $40 (I have never been charged for it until it hits $50), and certainly not $40 duty. I know I've paid maybe $20 at the most before, but that was for orders that cost way more than $40. Something is wrong there. They must have made a mistake. Even with brokerage fees included, that seems way too high.
    Yeah I should have mentioned that I paid 40, but dude put the record value at 80 on the customs form.

Story wouldn't have been as good if I said that to begin with. ;)
  • Options

Awesome.
  • Options
    They're currently having another sale - 40% off everything in their online store right now. Some good vinyl selections listed. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Another InSound sale. A handful of really good albums for cheap. :)