Options

Random Show Questions/Comments

Comments

• Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

Noblesville 00. Anyone know what that intro to Betterman is?

Without checking, probably Romanza.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Ok thanks! I'll look it up.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    It may be romanza they played it in Houston that tour along with save it for later.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,077
    Bridge School 1994 - what the hell does Ed say between Yellow Ledbetter and Let Me Sleep?
    "This one's for everybody in the back... (something garbled) b side(?)." No big deal there, but the kicker, what I really want to know, comes at 5:46-5:47: "ah stee through pettable." It's been going on 20 years now that I've had this tape and I still can't make it out. I'm sure it is something totally logical, like "Stone Gossard eats sticky buns", but my brain is just not registering it no matter how many times I replay it.
  • Options
    Shoot it was either NJ or NY 03 whats going on during evenflow? Is that the song just broken down and slow? Improv? Tag? I think it was NJ.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,351
    FoxyRedLa said:

Seattle 13. Supersonic - Ed says "that guys awesome". Is that awesome guy here on the boards??

I've always wondered if maybe, just maybe it was me. I was sitting right behind the lighting and soundbooth wearing my bright green and yellow PJ Sonics track jacket.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,351
    FoxyRedLa said:

New York 2010 I think - sept? Is this the only boot/performance of the slow lukin?

It was also played Denver 2014

"Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    jp307677jp307677 Boston Posts: 415
    Been revisiting the 2000 bootlegs. On the last show on 11/6 in Seattle, Ed talks a lot of shit about the audience the night before (which was at the same arena). What happened?
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    FoxyRedLa said:

:blush: I almost tagged you in that one - had the best time in STL! I'll go back anytime. Easy drive too.

You know now that you said something I noticed that too and then I thought damn I clapped a lot during that show, also not to mention taking someone's sign and running around GA with it :open_mouth:

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,483
    jp307677 said:

Been revisiting the 2000 bootlegs. On the last show on 11/6 in Seattle, Ed talks a lot of shit about the audience the night before (which was at the same arena). What happened?

Ed didn't think the energy in the room was good enough. That's all.
  • Options
    Bogey ManBogey Man Newfoundland Posts: 118
    I was at both those shows. My 1st and 2nd Pearl Jam shows. They were amazing. I still have those boots kicking around on an old computer somewhere.
    FoxyRedLa said:

Just caught some of the 05 St Johns show. Amazing! None of the songs sounded rushed. Thoroughly enjoyed that version of In My Tree! Black was magical lol now I'm all depressed and shit. Spectacular sound and energy!

St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec 5/05/2016
    Ottawa 5/08/2016
  • Options
    Vancouver 09 opened with In My Tree! NICE :smiley:
  • Options

FoxyRedLa said:

Seattle 13. Supersonic - Ed says "that guys awesome". Is that awesome guy here on the boards??

I've always wondered if maybe, just maybe it was me. I was sitting right behind the lighting and soundbooth wearing my bright green and yellow PJ Sonics track jacket.
    That's awesome!

FoxyRedLa said:

New York 2010 I think - sept? Is this the only boot/performance of the slow lukin?

It was also played Denver 2014

How the hell did I miss that? Thanks! I just caught a sort of acoustic version of yellow led and freakin loved it!!
    pjalive21 said:

FoxyRedLa said:

:blush: I almost tagged you in that one - had the best time in STL! I'll go back anytime. Easy drive too.

You know now that you said something I noticed that too and then I thought damn I clapped a lot during that show, also not to mention taking someone's sign and running around GA with it :open_mouth:

:lol:

• Options
    Bogey Man said:

I was at both those shows. My 1st and 2nd Pearl Jam shows. They were amazing. I still have those boots kicking around on an old computer somewhere.

FoxyRedLa said:

Just caught some of the 05 St Johns show. Amazing! None of the songs sounded rushed. Thoroughly enjoyed that version of In My Tree! Black was magical lol now I'm all depressed and shit. Spectacular sound and energy!

Back to back shows? Didn't realize! Gonna listen to the 2nd one today. Thanks!
  • Options
    Montreal 2005. AN ALTERNATE VERSION OF IN MY TREEEEEE! Just awesome! Love!
  • Options
    Columbia 16

Listened to Evenflow on my way in and Mike melted my face offfffff!!!! I had to fix my mascara once I got to the office :smiley:

Also LOVING the mini Matt solos this tour!!!!! :rock_on:
  • Options
    Who ever is running channel 22 I thoroughly enjoyed 3/6/03 Japan improv before immortality was AMAZING! Please do this more often! More improv!

It almost sounded deadman-ish!
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    FoxyRedLa said:

Which boot is "like a stone" on? Is it just a tag?

Santa Barbara 2003. It was a benefit concert and Chris Cornell performs Like A Stone by himself during the first encore.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

FoxyRedLa said:

Which boot is "like a stone" on? Is it just a tag?

Santa Barbara 2003. It was a benefit concert and Chris Cornell performs Like A Stone by himself during the first encore.
    Thank u!
  • Options
    Thanks channel 22!

Improv into rearview Columbus 03. Wow. Amazing. I haven't heard a live rearview like that wow wow wow just superb!
  • Options
    And I have to say :rock_on: to the Go openers this tour!!
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,397
    Why did Ed change from saying daddy to father in Alive and Jeremy?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    2006 Cincy. I needed Ed's humor this morning :lol: - Ed says give or take -"Cincy is our 3rd favorite city on the planet" :get_outta_here:

After present tense :lol: Ed says - here's another sing along and rips into Lukin :rofl:

But then he speaks of the pearl jam missing fan Brian :disappointed:
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Thank you for playing Chicago 95 this am. Exactly what I needed. What a chaotic show!

Always love Daughter and tags and Animal :rock_on:

There was something different going on with Habit, I think I liked it and always enjoy the ending jam. A nice little Pink Floyd tease in there that was supposed to lead into Immortality - beautiful.

It's such a fucking shame that Lukin isn't a full song.

Sponsored by no one. Something along the lines of .... "if you live in the trenches long enough it'll pay off."

Here's to hoping for some freeee play - improv at Wrigley.

Lmao maybe it was some lil wing in there
    Post edited by FoxyRedLa on
  • Options
    Anyone aware of an extended live jam on Leash?

Damn had another question and now it's gone.
  • Options
    Noblesville 2003. I for sure thought they were going into a save it for later tag and Ed busted out wild thang!! :lol: what a trickster!

And rearview was on fire! I can't believe they didn't start an electrical fire! Hot damn!
  • Options
    Caught some Chicago 94 this AM. Love the opening of Not For You. Very Michael Jackson vibe! Had some thrustin moves goin on over here :lol:
  • Options
    Stockholm 2012 DTE

"Admire my friend Stone" - :rock_on: hell yes :lol:
  • Options
    Which version of - I think porch - where Eddie goes off - "on a rope, on a rope, on a rope..." Something like that. Maybe too much Zombie Dust after turkey
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,198

Which version of - I think porch - where Eddie goes off - "on a rope, on a rope, on a rope..." Something like that. Maybe too much Zombie Dust after turkey

Ahh I've definitely heard that version but cannot recall the show!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22