1995 Mad Season Live At The Moore Theatre vinyl

Comments

• Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    jervin007 said:

PSUS2H said:

PSUS2H said:

quasi said:

I just picked it up for $28.99 on sale at Silver Platters in Seattle. Saved a good amount of money by waiting to pick it up in store.

Did it include a MP3 DL card?
    The show is available digitally in the deluxe reissue of Mad Season's Above.
    Yeah, but that requires spending more money....
    Especially because this is a relatively expensive LP. After spending $35 on a record I definitely won't be dropped any extra money on a digital format of the show.
    Whenever I get my vinyl and, what's more important, I figure out how to transfer the music to my computer, I will share the link here. But you need to give me some time, I still don't have the vinyl yet, need to order it first.

PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    SK203708SK203708 Posts: 48
    edited August 2015
    The LPs (at least the EU-version) were pressed at MPO in France. The plant also did the Springsteen-Box and the DMB-reissues (if I remember correctly), at least an above average facility. The "Live at the Moore" pressings are good, only on the beginning of side D there are major "vinyl bumps" that weren't cut off precisely. I have to remember to do the "drop of" very near of song1 on that side, otherwise the needly would probably be broken. The sound is pretty good, but I'm only in the middle of "Lifeless dead".

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    ^^ Well that actually sounds like a disaster of a pressing to me. I hope you are just really unlucky, and the whole batch isn't fucked up.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    PJ_Soul said:

^^ Well that actually sounds like a disaster of a pressing to me. I hope you are just really unlucky, and the whole batch isn't fucked up.

Lol. And here we go......

:bee:
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    SK203708 said:

The LPs (at least the EU-version) were pressed at MPO in France. The plant also did the Springsteen-Box and the DMB-reissues (if I remember correctly), at least an above average facility. The "Live at the Moore" pressings are good, only on the beginning of side D there are major "vinyl bumps" that weren't cut off precisely. I have to remember to do the "drop of" very near of song1 on that side, otherwise the needly would probably be broken. The sound is pretty good, but I'm only in the middle of "Lifeless dead".

I agree with PJSoul, that doesn't sound good at all.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

It isn't that bad, actually. Like I said, it's only on Side D. Maybe the first two or three millimeters of dead space before the first track. (and I would presume that's an occiasional fault and not throughout the whole batch) Otherwise the pressing is pretty flawless and the sound is good. Still, a perfect pressing looks different. But compared to many pressing from GZ and the likes it's an A.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I guess we have dofferent standards, lol. If i pay $40 USD for an album, it better be flawless. I don't think there is any excuse for flaws on a record, especially not something like big chunks of vinyl that your needle would be damaged from.

Maybe the quality of vinyl is so often poor because people aren't holding them to any kind of high standard?? The shrug and "it could be worse" message isn't a good one to send to manufacturers and retailers. That's how shoddy work continues to exist.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

I guess we have dofferent standards, lol. If i pay $40 USD for an album, it better be flawless. I don't think there is any excuse for flaws on a record, especially not something like big chunks of vinyl that your needle would be damaged from.

Maybe the quality of vinyl is so often poor because people aren't holding them to any kind of high standard?? The shrug and "it could be worse" message isn't a good one to send to manufacturers and retailers. That's how shoddy work continues to exist.

I see where you're coming from and of course you are right. It's just that I've seen and exchanged/returned so many shitty pressings in the last 3 or 4 years that I've come to a point where one flaw (that doesn't affect playback - when you're careful) doesn't make me exchange the (otherwise flawless) set. My experience in the last few years is, when you want complete flawlessness you have to exchange 70% of your (new) purchases (and many of those multiple times). And for me that's too much of a hassle. It's a different story once playback is affected and you can't do something about the flaw.

Post edited by SK203708 on
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    SK203708 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I see where you're coming from and of course you are right. It's just that I've seen and exchanged/returned so many shitty pressings in the last 3 or 4 years that I've come to a point where one flaw (that doesn't affect playback - when you're careful) doesn't make me exchange the (otherwise flawless) set. My experience in the last few years is, when you want complete flawlessness you have to exchange 70% of your (new) purchases (and many of those multiple times). And for me that's too much of a hassle. It's a different story once playback is affected and you can't do something about the flaw.

Yeah, I hear ya. There comes a point where you just give up (which is so sad). Happened to me with Vault 4. I smashed the first one, which was completely messed up, so that 10C would send me replacement discs, and the replacement discs still have a few pops on them. At that point I was just sick of it and didn't request a 3rd replacement... what would be the point anyway? That probably wouldn't have been flawless either. :frowning:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    I can't stand those bumps
    SK203708 said:

PJ_Soul said:

It isn't that bad, actually. Like I said, it's only on Side D. Maybe the first two or three millimeters of dead space before the first track. (and I would presume that's an occiasional fault and not throughout the whole batch) Otherwise the pressing is pretty flawless and the sound is good. Still, a perfect pressing looks different. But compared to many pressing from GZ and the likes it's an A.
    This is the case with a lot of new records I've gotten. It's aggravating...gotta be real careful where you drop the needle at the start of the record or it races into the first groove and skips.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    I spun my copy last night, sounds awesome!
    NYPJ
  • Options
    davetendaveten Ireland Posts: 143
    Still waiting on a shipping confirmation
    cork 96,dublin 96,dublin 00,dublin 06,london 08, dublin 10, belfast 10, ev solo London 2012
  • Options
    RB90590RB90590 Posts: 227
    Just grabbed a copy at my local record store for $28, getting ready to spin now.
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    daveten said:

Still waiting on a shipping confirmation

Also waiting for 10c to ship it out.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    Amazon Canada reduced the price by $15 CDN (to $37.79 CDN shipped - less than 10C's pre-shipping $39.98 USD), refunded me that difference, and I am tracking my order with Canada Post that tells me it should be here today along with my Euphoria Mourning order (which was reduced and refunded by $4 to $25 CDN). Why does anyone shop with Ten Club again?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,232
    benjs said:

Amazon Canada reduced the price by $15 CDN (to $37.79 CDN shipped - less than 10C's pre-shipping $39.98 USD), refunded me that difference, and I am tracking my order with Canada Post that tells me it should be here today along with my Euphoria Mourning order (which was reduced and refunded by $4 to $25 CDN). Why does anyone shop with Ten Club again?

When did u order yours? Got both those delivered last thurs
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    Horse2345 said:

benjs said:

Interesting! Pre-ordered quite a while back. My order didn't ship until Saturday. In any case, I don't lose sleep over a few days late - I just don't like Ten Club's international policy of a few weeks later.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:

Horse2345 said:

benjs said:

Interesting! Pre-ordered quite a while back. My order didn't ship until Saturday. In any case, I don't lose sleep over a few days late - I just don't like Ten Club's international policy of a few weeks later.
    Yea weird, i live in BC usually takes a bit longer for us to get things. Oh well, i was happy when the price dropped $15 though. Enjoy they sound great.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,183
    Horse2345 said:

benjs said:

Horse2345 said:

benjs said:

Yea weird, i live in BC usually takes a bit longer for us to get things. Oh well, i was happy when the price dropped $15 though. Enjoy they sound great.
    Amazon Canada has been getting insanely quick with shipping. I got Euphoria Morning the other day. Ordered a small electric chainshaw to cut tree branches and it showed up the next day. I always use the free shipping.

I now regret not ordering the vinyl from Amazon. At the time it didn't seem much cheaper than 10c and I was lumping all the recent vinyl release together to save money on shipping (vault 5, and the two mad seasons). Can't win them all.
  • Options
    Zod said:

Horse2345 said:

benjs said:

Horse2345 said:

benjs said:

Amazon Canada has been getting insanely quick with shipping. I got Euphoria Morning the other day. Ordered a small electric chainshaw to cut tree branches and it showed up the next day. I always use the free shipping.

I now regret not ordering the vinyl from Amazon. At the time it didn't seem much cheaper than 10c and I was lumping all the recent vinyl release together to save money on shipping (vault 5, and the two mad seasons). Can't win them all.
    Yea i looked back on the tracking, looks like they were both shipped from Richmond which cuts transit time down to an hour lol
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,183
    Horse2345 said:

Yea i looked back on the tracking, looks like they were both shipped from Richmond which cuts transit time down to an hour lol

That's awesome. Last year most of my stuff was getting shipped from Mississauga and Calgary. If it shipped from Calgary it would take a number of extra days before it ended up in the mail. That's pretty cool they have a shipping centre in Richmond now.
  • Options
    Zod said:

Horse2345 said:

benjs said:

Horse2345 said:

benjs said:

Yeah, Amazon.ca shipping is incredible. The supersaver free shipping option will say that it will take however long, say 6 days or whatever, but more often than not, it arrives within two business days. It's great.
    And they have the Amazon Prime free month trial happening again right now! I thought I'd only be able to use the once, but apparently it might annual? Because I'm back on the free trial for another free month. I wouldn't pay for Prime because the regular free shipping option is almost as good.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Zod said:

Horse2345 said:

benjs said:

Horse2345 said:

benjs said:

Yeah, Amazon.ca shipping is incredible. The supersaver free shipping option will say that it will take however long, say 6 days or whatever, but more often than not, it arrives within two business days. It's great.
    And they have the Amazon Prime free month trial happening again right now! I thought I'd only be able to use the once, but apparently it might annual? Because I'm back on the free trial for another free month. I wouldn't pay for Prime because the regular free shipping option is almost as good.
    Yea its one free trial per every 12 months https://www.amazon.ca/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201025470
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    Horse2345 said:

Just came home to this and Euphoria Morning

Mourning. ;)
  • Options
    OttOtt Posts: 403
    This is getting silly. Been in the que for almost a week.
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,067
    Mine just arrived in STL. Cant wait to spin it tonight :smiley:
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,595
    Arrived in Los Angeles. Sounds REALLY good!! Was on the fence because have Deluxe DVD of the show, but totally worth it. Spinning it right now while my 2 year old daughter is having the time if her life playing with the bubble wrap and dancing to the show.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    I did the 10 club pre sale and I STILL have not gotten it. I got an email saying it was shipped on 8/26 and should arrive on 9/2. I live in Riverview, FL about 20 minutes from Tampa. On 8/29 when I checked the tracking it showed it was in Orlando, FL. Then it showed it went to Jacksonville, FL which is way north of where I live. I called UPS and they said they picked up the package, but don't deliver it. It then goes to USPS for delivery. When I put the tracking number in for USPS it says "NOT FOUND." WTF is that shit?!!! It will probably be warped by the time I get...if I ever get it.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,880
    That is a pretty sweet deal. $35.99 CDN with free shipping?

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00ZVSPCH2/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U-e6vb1J45T5P

Getty up!!
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,854
    KarenK said:

I did the 10 club pre sale and I STILL have not gotten it. I got an email saying it was shipped on 8/26 and should arrive on 9/2. I live in Riverview, FL about 20 minutes from Tampa. On 8/29 when I checked the tracking it showed it was in Orlando, FL. Then it showed it went to Jacksonville, FL which is way north of where I live. I called UPS and they said they picked up the package, but don't deliver it. It then goes to USPS for delivery. When I put the tracking number in for USPS it says "NOT FOUND." WTF is that shit?!!! It will probably be warped by the time I get...if I ever get it.

Don't have mine yet either here in NC, just gotta be patient with pj shipping...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?