Options

Bill Cosby......(part 2)

2»

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,911
    edited January 2016
    from wikipedia:
    Effects can include drowsiness, dizziness, reduced heart rate, reduced respiration, increased sexual arousal (aphrodisia), erectile dysfunction, and paresthesias (numbness of the fingers and toes). Larger doses can bring about respiratory depression, slurred speech, headache, and photophobia (a symptom of excessive sensitivity to light).[citation needed]

so to me, yes, it does matter if they knew they were taking the drug or not. the effects listed here say nothing about being passed out or unable to make decisions like alcohol does.

I don't know all the facts of the case, but from what I've read, this isn't exactly a slam dunk like people here are making it out to be. maybe he just found women who liked to take drugs and screw.

if he drugged them without their knowledge, then yes, he's guilty. if they took them willingly, not so black and white.
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    That isn't a full picture of what 'ludes can do. Not even close. They can really fuck you up, they mess with your head enough that you aren't able to make clear decisions, and they can render you unconscious too, depending on how many you take. Okay, think of it this way: Is it cool to get a chick over to your house, get her totally wasted (while staying sober yourself), and then fuck her once she's drunk enough to not be thinking clearly enough to make proper decisions (at best - passed out at worst)? No. That's not okay at all, to say the least. Same with quaaludes.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

That isn't a full picture of what 'ludes can do. Not even close. They can really fuck you up, they mess with your head enough that you aren't able to make clear decisions, and they can render you unconscious too, depending on how many you take. Okay, think of it this way: Is it cool to get a chick over to your house, get her totally wasted (while staying sober yourself), and then fuck her once she's drunk enough to not be thinking clearly enough to make proper decisions (at best - passed out at worst)? No. That's not okay at all, to say the least. Same with quaaludes.

obviously not. I never said it's ok to have his way with them if they took them themselves. I just mean their credibility comes into question if that was the case.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

obviously not. I never said it's ok to have his way with them if they took them themselves. I just mean their credibility comes into question if that was the case.

It does? How so? Last I heard, it shouldn't matter if a woman is under the influence when she's raped or molested.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    First Happy New Year to all.

Two thoughts. First, sucks for Camille. Not sure how she can be forced to testify. Second, how sad it is for a person to prefer their exploits be drugged.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    The only reason he has avoided court so far is because he is the infallible Dr. Huxtable that you Americans love so much.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

PJ_Soul said:

it shouldnt.
    "well she agreed to take the drug so. maybe she wanted to get fucked and then complain about it 30 years later under intense media scrutiny"

How about no.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

It does? How so? Last I heard, it shouldn't matter if a woman is under the influence when she's raped or molested.
    Of course not. But if that woman took the drug to enhance sexual activity durint consensual sex, that sure maks a difference.

Look, i agree it looks like he is guilty. I am just a bigger fan of due process than I am of public vilification of celebrities. The guy hasnt even been in court yet and most here are calling for his head. What does that tell you?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

it shouldnt.
    "well she agreed to take the drug so. maybe she wanted to get fucked and then complain about it 30 years later under intense media scrutiny"

How about no.
    How about yes? I went to his hotel room. I took drugs that enhance sexual pleasure. I now regret that decision, so i am going to go public after several others do the same.

Look, I am guessing Cosby is a rapist. But what if he isnt? Dont you think that remote possibility deserves due process? Or should we crucify him because he's a celebrity with a wholesome image and that makes us feel better about ourselves to bring him down?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

The only reason he has avoided court so far is because he is the infallible Dr. Huxtable that you Americans love so much.

Obviously you have no idea about American pop culture. No, he was not 'just Dr. Huxtable', Cosby was also Fat Albert, he was on Captain Kangaroo and The Electric Company, both very popular children's TV shows. He presented himself as a loveable, trusting and well liked actor. I can understand why people are very shocked.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2016
    RKCNDY said:

Obviously you have no idea about American pop culture. No, he was not 'just Dr. Huxtable', Cosby was also Fat Albert, he was on Captain Kangaroo and The Electric Company, both very popular children's TV shows. He presented himself as a loveable, trusting and well liked actor. I can understand why people are very shocked.
    He is only known as that cosby guy show.
    edit- why are people shocked from actions of an actor?
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options

RKCNDY said:

He is only known as that cosby guy show.
    edit- why are people shocked from actions of an actor?
    :fp:
    Obviously you don't read carefully.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    ^^^
    How so?
  • Options

^^^
    How so?

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    edited January 2016

ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

it shouldnt.

How about no.
    How about yes? I went to his hotel room. I took drugs that enhance sexual pleasure. I now regret that decision, so i am going to go public after several others do the same.

Look, I am guessing Cosby is a rapist. But what if he isnt? Dont you think that remote possibility deserves due process? Or should we crucify him because he's a celebrity with a wholesome image and that makes us feel better about ourselves to bring him down?

you want my honest to God opinion?

The fact that he is a celebrity is the only reason he's able to be exposed as a serial rapist like this. If he were not a public figure it wouldn't have happened because no one would care. I do think that the remote possibility of anyone's innocence deserves due process, but in this case, I don't believe that it should come at the expense of his accusers. What I mean is, I think both Cosby and his accusers should remain innocent until proven guilty.

Hugh, I'm not trying to attack you. I'm not trying to argue. I do want to try to pass along a little information though.
    "I now regret that decision, so i am going to go public after several others do the same. "
    ^^this statement, is wrong. It's not how regret works, for one. But more than that the very premise is flawed. If you have consensual sex with a man and then regret it the next day the last thing you do is publicly announce it.

Christ I wish I could articulate myself better. But I can't. I wanna explain that the above quoted sentence is victim blaming, and in order to preserve the "innocent until proven guilty" for the accused, it puts "lying until proven otherwise" onto the accuser. The problem with the "due process" in rape cases is that the victim has to prove a) that she's a victim and b) that she's innocent. Imagine a scenario in which a man is robbed. He calls the police and tells them someone took his rolex, his chain and his cell phone. The cops show up and ask him if he was wearing a long sleeve jacket to conceal the chain and rolex. He was. So then how did the robber know to take it?, they ask. They ask if he was using his cell phone when he got robbed. Yes, he was. Why were you flashing your phone around in public? Especially if you had it in the hand with your fancy watch?

You understand what I'm saying? Every single woman with half a brain knows what happens if you try to tell the police what happened to you. No one wants to go through that. In a case like this where there is literal media attention it's even worse. This is a really shittily written piece that I'd recommend reading if you can try to understand the sentiment behind it and separate that from the obnoxiously targeted writing style. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gretchen-kelly/the-thing-all-women-do-you-dont-know-about_b_8630416.html
    Post edited by ldent42 on
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options

How about not lumping the side effects of one drug into an 'all for all' mindset. Not everybody has the same reaction to the same drug. Your comment is like saying "everybody with depression needs to take prozac" .

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

it shouldnt.

How about no.

you want my honest to God opinion?

The fact that he is a celebrity is the only reason he's able to be exposed as a serial rapist like this. If he were not a public figure it wouldn't have happened because no one would care. I do think that the remote possibility of anyone's innocence deserves due process, but in this case, I don't believe that it should come at the expense of his accusers. What I mean is, I think both Cosby and his accusers should remain innocent until proven guilty.

Hugh, I'm not trying to attack you. I'm not trying to argue. I do want to try to pass along a little information though.
    "I now regret that decision, so i am going to go public after several others do the same. "
    ^^this statement, is wrong. It's not how regret works, for one. But more than that the very premise is flawed. If you have consensual sex with a man and then regret it the next day the last thing you do is publicly announce it.

Christ I wish I could articulate myself better. But I can't. I wanna explain that the above quoted sentence is victim blaming, and in order to preserve the "innocent until proven guilty" for the accused, it puts "lying until proven otherwise" onto the accuser. The problem with the "due process" in rape cases is that the victim has to prove a) that she's a victim and b) that she's innocent. Imagine a scenario in which a man is robbed. He calls the police and tells them someone took his rolex, his chain and his cell phone. The cops show up and ask him if he was wearing a long sleeve jacket to conceal the chain and rolex. He was. So then how did the robber know to take it?, they ask. They ask if he was using his cell phone when he got robbed. Yes, he was. Why were you flashing your phone around in public? Especially if you had it in the hand with your fancy watch?

You understand what I'm saying? Every single woman with half a brain knows what happens if you try to tell the police what happened to you. No one wants to go through that. In a case like this where there is literal media attention it's even worse. This is a really shittily written piece that I'd recommend reading if you can try to understand the sentiment behind it and separate that from the obnoxiously targeted writing style. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gretchen-kelly/the-thing-all-women-do-you-dont-know-about_b_8630416.html
    I am just going to say I have personal reasons why I support due process in all cases. Its not victim blaming, its giving the accused the opportunity to tell their side of the story. That is all.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RKCNDY said:

How about not lumping the side effects of one drug into an 'all for all' mindset. Not everybody has the same reaction to the same drug. Your comment is like saying "everybody with depression needs to take prozac" .
    I already admitted I knew near zero about the drug,and briefly looked it up while at work. My intention was not to generalize anything.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,625
    PJ_Soul said:

ha, irrelevant for the most part but reminds me of this. Don't watch without headphones at work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qUou4fzoSI
  • Options
    edited January 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Of course not. But if that woman took the drug to enhance sexual activity durint consensual sex, that sure maks a difference.

Look, i agree it looks like he is guilty. I am just a bigger fan of due process than I am of public vilification of celebrities. The guy hasnt even been in court yet and most here are calling for his head. What does that tell you?

I was actually one of the few who said when all this start "hold up - we don't have any real evidence. I'm going to wait before condemning him, because this is hard to believe!"...... And then 20 or so more women came forward. After that, I feel comfortable vilifying him. If it was only 5 women, 8.... I'd think maybe they are all just trying to get money out of this or something. But 30 women, all with pretty much the same story, and without denial that they were indeed with the guy? At some point you have to just relent and say "yeah, this dude's fucking sick." Day in court or not. I mean, just the fact that he kept inviting young women over to his house or hotel rooms the way he did is a massive red flag and tells us that he had something weird going on. That they are tell the same story about drugs and sexual assault kind of tips the scales IMO. At any rate, I also 100% support due process. And Cosby IS getting due process in court. Public opinion really does not apply when it comes to someone getting due process though. I'm not sure why you hesitate to just say that yeah, this mofo is a sick pervert! before actually getting a legal verdict. It's not like our opinions alone have any legal impact.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Ya'll need Oliva Benson.

Rape is the most underrated crime on the planet. The number of false reports is an overwhelmingly minority, yet that's what ppl wanna focus on. Obviously every defendant in every case deserves to be given the benefit of the doubt - that's his right. I don't think that it should be given to Cosby in this case at the expense of his victims. Cuz now every single girl who is watching this or hearing parents discuss this is hearing her uncle or her mom say "those women probably just want attention, he's Mr. Huxtable for crying out loud!" and she is internalizing the idea that victims deserve to be placed under scrutiny and that if a reputable man hurts them no one will believe them. And that is not okay.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,802
    Let's recap some basic facts here:

-Rape is highly under-reported, inexcusable and is symptomatic of societies where women are not respected.

- If a woman is on drugs, whether she took them herself or was given them, it is still wrong to rape her.

-Bill Cosby is well known for much more than being Dr. Huxtable. That show ran 8 years. Cosby has been a big name in the entertainment business for 54 years and has had a dozen books published.

-In America, a person is considered innocent until proven guilty.

-In America, a person with a lot of money can get away with murder.... or rape.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

But Donald Trump does many terrible things and you still love him because he has an R next to his name and he's white. Hypocrite much? A douche is a douche no matter what they look like or what party they're in.
  • Options
    ^^^
    How does that post have anything to do with Cosby?
    Cosby is toast and soon to be Depp.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    ohhhhhhh man this is classic ! the fool wants his "hush" money back HAHAHHAHHAHAHHA !!!!!!

Godfather.

PHILADELPHIA – Bill Cosby's lawyers will ask a judge to order the accuser in his criminal sex assault case to refund the money he paid to settle her lawsuit a decade ago.

Cosby argues that accuser Andrea Constand violated their confidential agreement by speaking to police who reopened the case last year.

A federal judge will hear arguments Friday afternoon in the breach-of-contract suit he filed before a key hearing in his criminal case in February.

Constand's lawyers say Cosby is trying to harass their client. And they say his agents have issued frequent comments about the sex abuse allegations.

Meanwhile, the 78-year-old actor is due in state court near Philadelphia next week for the latest hearing in the criminal case.

He denies charges that he drugged and molested Constand in 2004.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,724
    Jello.

Conviction vacated by PA Supreme Court. Figured we wouldn’t hear about him again until he was found dead in his cell.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©