JULY 4TH!!!!

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
edited July 2015 in All Encompassing Trip
What do you have planned?

Where are you going?
Family? Friends?
What are you grilling?
Lets hear it!

Kathy and I will spend a couple days at the pool. Its been raining for the last month, but the weekend weather is supposed to be PERFECT!
Probably grill a couple steaks and watch few episodes of Breaking Bad.
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Comments

• Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    Beer, burgers and blowing some stuff up. I'm heading to my brothers tomorrow to pick up some good fireworks for Saturday. The court I live on closes the court down to cars at 5pm with everyone pulling their coolers and barbeques to the front yard so we can spend the 4th together as a group. The kids all play together until it gets dark and then showtime starts. It makes it where we dont have to shell out as much cash for fireworks since everyone pulls all of it together and the kids get one hell of a show. Sunday will be hangover day more than likely.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    Not sure yet. We almost always do SOMETHING every year.. I work
    All day on the fourth this year.
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,126
    Going to my family's mountain house in the North Carolina mountains. Leaving tomorrow after the wife gets off from work and coming back Monday. Going with a friend of my wife's, the friend's husband, and their son. Kind of worried their son is going to be bored since there's no TV and no WiFi. It's pretty much an unplugged type of weekend. Only problem we'll have is there isn't a grill up there (for shame!), so not sure what we're doing for meals.
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Going to my mom's my great aunt is visiting from NJ and I want to see her, I'm not sure yet what our plans are, but I'm sure it will be fun....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    I'm home sick with a 1 1/2 year old.

Going to my family's mountain house in the North Carolina mountains. Leaving tomorrow after the wife gets off from work and coming back Monday. Going with a friend of my wife's, the friend's husband, and their son. Kind of worried their son is going to be bored since there's no TV and no WiFi. It's pretty much an unplugged type of weekend. Only problem we'll have is there isn't a grill up there (for shame!), so not sure what we're doing for meals.

Always have the fire! Yum!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

How old is the kid? Although my kid (15) is glued to her phone when in the city, she has no problem having fun when we're camping in the woods or on the beach, away from electrons.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,126

How old is the kid? Although my kid (15) is glued to her phone when in the city, she has no problem having fun when we're camping in the woods or on the beach, away from electrons.
    He's either 5 or 6. It should be ok since we have board games, cards, and can go hiking/exploring. I'm just not used to being around kids all the time and don't know how much we'll have to do for him to not be bored the whole weekend.

Build a fire ring out of rocks, and go get a grill plate. Viola! A grill. Shit I've cooked food off of a turned over shopping cart! Where there's a will, there's a WAY! Especially if you're hungry! If you don't want to buy a grill plate? Cross up the oven racks, and with some metal tis them together. Cross hatched.. Boom free grill plate! Put that atop your fire ring, and grill away!

Build a fire ring out of rocks, and go get a grill plate. Viola! A grill. Shit I've cooked food off of a turned over shopping cart! Where there's a will, there's a WAY! Especially if you're hungry! If you don't want to buy a grill plate? Cross up the oven racks, and with some metal tis them together. Cross hatched.. Boom free grill plate! Put that atop your fire ring, and grill away!
    And get the kids in on the rock hunt... That's an hour or two's entertainment??
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

And get the kids in on the rock hunt... That's an hour or two's entertainment??
    Yes, exactly. Kids love being competent and contributing in a meaningful way, they love building things, and of course they love outdoor fires. If you tell this kid you need a ring of rocks for a fire pit you'll probably end up with a ring you could barbeque an elk on. Our family used to have a cabin at a lake and my brother, cousins and I could spend a good chunk of a day futzing about getting the fire pit ready for an evening bonfire.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772

doesn't get much more patriotic than a crow riding an eagle, right?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    Is a Saturday.

But seriously have fun and be safe south of the 49th dwellers.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    Leaving for Big Bear in a few and will return Sunday morning.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    i wonder what the brittish do on the 4th of july lol
    i wonder what the brittish do on the 4th of july lol
    Contemplate where they went wrong with us and how they lost to us twice I imagine.

I got my fireworks and damn it will be fun. Just went out and set of some of the stuff I have plenty of. I have the kids picking out toys to be sacrificed to the 4th of July gods. I have a big box of M80's to set off.

And my kids got to climb on a nuke (minus the warhead) today. I looked at my wife and said, "how fricking patriotic is that". Saw 100's upon 100's of restored military aircraft from all different era's and battles. They even had a stealth bomber. Great way to kick off a patrotic weekend.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    Day 1 of the 3 day holiday?
    Did lawn work for HOURS!
    Grocery shopping.
    Laundry

This isn't going as planned!
    Haha

Tomorrow will be a better day.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I'm being dragged to watch the fireworks for the first time in ...... Possibly ever?

For the record, they do a fireworks show a few days before the 4th which I go to occasionally. But on the actual fourth I'm usually home doing fuck all.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    ldent42 said:

I'm being dragged to watch the fireworks for the first time in ...... Possibly ever?

For the record, they do a fireworks show a few days before the 4th which I go to occasionally. But on the actual fourth I'm usually home doing fuck all.

My wife loves the fireworks shows.
    I could care less.
    Even as a kid, I just never understood the fascination with fireworks.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited July 2015
    Happy July 4th American friends! :murica:

(On the east side right now, anyway)

I once drove north on the I5 in Washington towards the border, and it was July 4th at around 10:30 at night. And i saw the most amazing thing. I don't remember exactly where I was, but it must have been the perfect place, because the entire horizon in front of us was covered in fireworks going off, really as far as the eye could see. It was really fucking cool, and not just because it looked incredible (mindblown, kind of). It was also because it seem like everyone was celebrating together, all on the same page.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    edited July 2015

Is a Saturday.

But seriously have fun and be safe south of the 49th dwellers.

Sounds racist to me, eh

See you in Jack Head on the 5th...Sunday :wink:
    Post edited by Empty Glass on
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    edited July 2015
    Hobbes said:

mine hide under the bed :lol:
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Both the cat and the dog just hid when we were setting off M80's. Poor guys. Won't stop me, I just bought Boomer a new bone for his hiding spot. Fuck the cat.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    We've been watching the low skies - literally two dozen displays going right now - while hitting the bowl and cranking live PJ.

First cat totally cool with it, sitting by the balcony door and sniffing it in.

Cat numero dos has been behind the bed for a good two hours.

(I was gonna say "pussy" but it didn't seem deserved)
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Took Lisa the puppy for her first fireworks show. At the first one she went right under the bench, then she came out and seemed to enjoy it. Whew. Happy 4th!

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    ^^^ Nice pic, Enkidu!
    ELITIST FUK
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I love the paw on the leg position - so chill for a dog on the Fourth.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Went to see my local minor league baseball team last night with my dad. Had 2 hot dogs, Brooklyn Brewery Summer Ale, Pretzel and a cup of fries. We won and the team had a 10 minute fireworks show after the game. Stadium went completely dark for the fireworks, that was really cool. All in all a great night and the best 4th I've ever had
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?