CREED the movie

JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
edited July 2015 in All Encompassing Trip
Looking forward to it. Love Michael Jordan the actor.
https://youtu.be/Uv554B7YHk4
Alright, alright, alright!
Tom O.
"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
-The Writer
Post edited by JK_Livin on

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Scott Stapp in this?

Joking aside, this could be good
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178

Scott Stapp in this?

I agree it does.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    Whew, I got scared there!!
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Eddie vedder would make a good scott stapp
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863

Whew, I got scared there!!

LMAO! So did I.... :wink:
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    edited July 2015
    This looks good. The worst thing about this movie is that I think I have to stop called this dude Wallace

That bar they use as Adrian's is a few blocks from my place
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772

Scott Stapp in this?

no it's about Creed, (from the Office) right? :smile:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • I also was thinking this was a movie about the band creed haha
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    edited July 2015
    When the trailer for Rocky spin-off Creed dropped this week, the number one question on people’s minds appears to have been, “Wait, the band?” To which the response, of course, has been a resounding "no, please."

Still, though, fans of the Christian rock band Creed have started a Change.org petition to have the name of the Creed film changed to something a little less confusing for them. And, as the petition states, “the Creedmunity will not be silenced.”

“MGM has completely disrespected the Creedmunity by using the name of the still-popular band for their non-Creed related movie and have been stifling conversation by flooding social media hashtags and searches with non-music Creed discussion,” organizer Nick Robinson writes via the petition. “MGM should have consulted Creed experts and online leaders before titling this movie.”

The petition goes on to suggest some alternate names, such as Boxer Creed, Rocky: The Next Generation, and, more succinctly, Creed (not the band)
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,764
    Would have been cool if it had a Pearl Jam song in the movie. Release would fit
    I miss igotid88
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    MayDay10 said:

When the trailer for Rocky spin-off Creed dropped this week, the number one question on people’s minds appears to have been, “Wait, the band?” To which the response, of course, has been a resounding "no, please."

Still, though, fans of the Christian rock band Creed have started a Change.org petition to have the name of the Creed film changed to something a little less confusing for them. And, as the petition states, “the Creedmunity will not be silenced.”

“MGM has completely disrespected the Creedmunity by using the name of the still-popular band for their non-Creed related movie and have been stifling conversation by flooding social media hashtags and searches with non-music Creed discussion,” organizer Nick Robinson writes via the petition. “MGM should have consulted Creed experts and online leaders before titling this movie.”

The petition goes on to suggest some alternate names, such as Boxer Creed, Rocky: The Next Generation, and, more succinctly, Creed (not the band)

:rofl:
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    does the movie take place in 2015 or earlier? It can't be one of the kids we saw in the movie because they would be late 30s. Was the wife pregnant in Rocky IV? I don't remember.
    I miss igotid88
    PJSiren said:

MayDay10 said:

:rofl:
    I don't want to be reminded of the band. So i wouldn't mind a title change
    I miss igotid88
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    igotid88 said:

does the movie take place in 2015 or earlier? It can't be one of the kids we saw in the movie because they would be late 30s. Was the wife pregnant in Rocky IV? I don't remember.

They don't reference time frames in any of the Rocky movies.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

igotid88 said:

They don't reference time frames in any of the Rocky movies.
    I haven't seen IV in a long time so I don't know if they showed Apollo's wife after Rocky's training. She would have had a baby bump or possibly had a kid. I don'tkknow how long his training was.

I heard it was supposed to be the grandson at first.
    I miss igotid88
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    That Funny Or Die CREED thing is fucking hilarious. Makes me hate their music a little less. hahahahaha good one eeriepadave from west chester, PA
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    This movie has a higher Rotten Tomatoes rating than the new Pixar movie it's opening against. Nobody saw this coming months ago.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240

This movie has a higher Rotten Tomatoes rating than the new Pixar movie it's opening against. Nobody saw this coming months ago.

Also a higher rating than the first Rocky movie! Going to see it tonight.
    RiotZact said:

There is not way this is better than Rocky. Great reviews though. Looking forward to seeing it. The bar they filmed at is about 5 blocks from my place

RiotZact said:

There is not way this is better than Rocky. Great reviews though. Looking forward to seeing it. The bar they filmed at is about 5 blocks from my place

RiotZact said:

That's awesome! But yeah Rocky is my 2nd favorite movie of all time, so I'm not expecting it to come close. However I won't completely rule out it being the second best in the franchise.
    RiotZact said:

RiotZact said:

RiotZact said:

That's awesome! But yeah Rocky is my 2nd favorite movie of all time, so I'm not expecting it to come close. However I won't completely rule out it being the second best in the franchise.
    Definitely agree from the reviews. Pretty excited for it.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    shocked that the reviews are as good as they are. i went from not giving a shit about this to really looking forward to it.

www.myspace.com
    Yeah I'm interested in seeing it sometime within the week
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    I really really liked it.
    RiotZact said:

I really really liked it.

Nice. I may check this one out in the theaters.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Saw it today. Enjoyed it. Definitely one of the best Rocky movies.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Very very good.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    finally saw this tonight, liked it a lot. Best "philly" movie since silver linings playbook.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC