Options

I can't believe how much money PJ crazies pay for damaged posters!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    $200

• Options
    $220

• Options
    edited May 2017
    $240

• Options

$420
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,336
    To be fair, sometimes the poster framing places are really good at flattening them.

My Gorge '05 poster.   We had seats on the floor so I gave it to friends who were on the lawn.  Thinking it was more likely to get wrecked on the floor than on the lawn.  I was wrong and my friends got bowled over by crazy people trying to get to the front of the lawn.   The poser got a little folded.  I put it in a walmart crappy frame and it developed some rolls in it to.  It's 12 years later and the framing place did a pretty good job flattening it out and framing it.   If you look, really hard, like 2 inches from your head you can kind of see one of the creases.  Otherwise you can't tell at all.    Wasn't worth buying/finding another one for $120-$150.

Similar to my Missoula '98 poster.  It developed rolls in it because I had it in a walmart frame from back in the day.   Those horrible ones with the particle board back, plastic front and metal clips to keep it all together.    It was my oldest poster so the rolls were really bad.   Once flattended it framed it you couldn't tell.

It was usually 5-7 days between dropoff and pickup.  I don't know if that's how big their backlog was or if that's how long it took to flatten the worst ones out, but they look great framed.    

I can see why someone might buy damaged ones, depending on what kind of damage it was.  Especially if they're almost impossible to find like '98s.   No one knew about the poster bubble back then, and many of us did stupid things like use walmart frames... lol.
  • Options
    greatwoods98greatwoods98 Boston Posts: 85
    I purchased a damaged 98 mansfield
    and it's on my wall forever grail done
    its amazing what these framers can do
    these prints are 20 years old now and no one is selling
    mansfield 850 total
    pittsburgh 450 total 
    for some people it's buy damaged or never 
    most of the fan base is a similar age to the band
    and now has a little extra cash to finish their quest for their grail
    does it drive up prices of course
    but it drives up prices on prints that aren't currently on the market
    and in my opinion never will be with this crazed fan base yes I'm one of them
    i bought damaged and I am very happy I did

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    It must have really meant something to someone. A bit of restoration and I'm sure that they will be tickled to hang it on their wall.  Would love to see the finished product!  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    "The Public Enemy" original movie poster was found missing a good bit of the poster, fully folded and damagaed. Sold for $167,000... people buy rare stuff cuz it's cool no matter what 
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    $240

i have one of these. slightly damaged/bent/creased. looking to sell it maybe but i honestly have no idea how much it is worth ...
    i would much rather it go to someone who will cherish it cause right now while it sits flat in my poster portfolio it ain't gettin any love there!
    and i would sell my benny if i had one of those....gets to a certain point where i start to think why not?

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,490
    Of course it's always great to have a mint poster, but I have zero problem with a less than mint poster.  I only buy posters from shows I've been to and frame them if I like them.  They represent a lot of memories and good times.  I enjoy looking at them and having a bend or crease wouldn't bother me much at all.  There's a certain character that comes with an older poster that's got some wear to it.  It is amazing to see the prices they command even in rough shape.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    $240

i have one of these. slightly damaged/bent/creased. looking to sell it maybe but i honestly have no idea how much it is worth ...
    i would much rather it go to someone who will cherish it cause right now while it sits flat in my poster portfolio it ain't gettin any love there!
    and i would sell my benny if i had one of those....gets to a certain point where i start to think why not?

Hit me up
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    $240

Yeah if buck doesn't bite, I will- looking for that Montreal!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.