Dissidentman on spike tv RIGHT NOW

Dissidentman's bar, Marley's on the Beach, is on the tv show "Bar Rescue" right now on Spike TV

Comments

• rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Although bars get chewed up and spit out (but fixed) on this show, Marley's is one with the least problems that we've seen... :)
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    What's the title of the episode? Seems to be a marathon of the show here right now.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    The episode on now for me is barely above water.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    Marley's on the Beach is the bar
    FoxyRedLa said:

The episode on now for me is barely above water.

There must be regional differences in programming then I guess. I'm on the east coast

I c what you're saying. Cool tho.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Think that's an old episode...Marley's closed last year sometime...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

yes, it was an old episode.
    it was closed even after it was renamed St. Michelle? awww, that's too bad.
    when it showed dissident on the computer, Chad and I said that he was probably posting on pearl jam. :lol:
    rollings said:

RKCNDY said:

yes, it was an old episode.
    it was closed even after it was renamed St. Michelle? awww, that's too bad.
    when it showed dissident on the computer, Chad and I said that he was probably posting on pearl jam. :lol:
    Yeah, I believe there was mention of most of the show being set up.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    yeah i started a "Bar Rescue" topic a few years ago after seeing him on it.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/217244
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited June 2015
    It's pretty interesting when someone you know is on Bar Rescue! I never saw the show, but I did see something about how much Bar Rescue fucked this rescue up and about how the show is totally full of shit.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Really? I'm shocked! We'll not really that another show is staged, but I liked that show. I can't enjoy it now. Realllly?!? Damn.
    FoxyRedLa said:

Really? I'm shocked! We'll not really that another show is staged, but I liked that show. I can't enjoy it now. Realllly?!? Damn.

Apparently they made all the staff do six takes of their reaction to the new name/sign for the bar because no one liked it but the show wanted them to look like they did. So yeah, that's how that show operates I guess.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Apparently they made all the staff do six takes of their reaction to the new name/sign for the bar because no one liked it but the show wanted them to look like they did. So yeah, that's how that show operates I guess.
    Not very shocking to me anymore...the shows like Alaskan Bush people and adventures of Mick Dodge are all set up. None of them 'live off the land'.

However...I do miss bucket hat man.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Not very shocking to me anymore...the shows like Alaskan Bush people and adventures of Mick Dodge are all set up. None of them 'live off the land'.

Me too.
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

FoxyRedLa said:

cmon rkcndy, dont ruin alaskan bush people for me....

anybody that cuts wood, fishes, and hunts to survive is enough for me. :P
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Nami said:

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Sorry, but "let's mark where we need to cut a hole in the roof by shooting a gun thru the ceiling" just doesn't sound impressive. :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

Nami said:

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Sorry, but "let's mark where we need to cut a hole in the roof by shooting a gun thru the ceiling" just doesn't sound impressive. :lol:
    so your a fan... hehehe i knew it! hehehe
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    75% of reality shows are scripted. The other 25% are sports. Which in a way, can be scripted hahaha
    Nami said:

RKCNDY said:

Nami said:

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

FoxyRedLa said:

no, Mr. RK is...I beg him to change the channel, he refuses. I never get to watch my stupid chick shows because he sits and blabs about how stupid the show is. :anguished:

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

Nami said:

RKCNDY said:

Nami said:

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

FoxyRedLa said:

no, Mr. RK is...I beg him to change the channel, he refuses. I never get to watch my stupid chick shows because he sits and blabs about how stupid the show is. :anguished:
    bachelor/bachelorette? if so i support him 100% lol
    Nami said:

RKCNDY said:

Nami said:

RKCNDY said:

Nami said:

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

FoxyRedLa said:

bachelor/bachelorette? if so i support him 100% lol
    No, I like Millionaire matchmaker...Patty tells you like it is!

- Christopher McCandless
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    edited June 2015
    RKCNDY said:

If you don't have one, buy yourself a tablet or phablet. It doesn't have to be an expensive one.

Download the app for your cable provider, and from most of those, you can watch live TV, DVR'd, or on-demand shows.

Let the mister watch that loudmouth douchenozzle tell some manchild to fire the ditziest floozy on staff for good ratings when her mascara run down to her tits after the waterworks are called up on cue.

And you can watch whatever the hell Millionaire Matchmaker is in the next room.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

If you don't have one, buy yourself a tablet or phablet. It doesn't have to be an expensive one.

Download the app for your cable provider, and from most of those, you can watch live TV, DVR'd, or on-demand shows.

Let the mister watch that loudmouth douchenozzle tell some manchild to fire the ditziest floozy on staff for good ratings when her mascara run down to her tits after the waterworks are called up on cue.

Yay! I'm telling Mr. RK, "I'm buying a new surface tablet...dankind said I could" ... :evil:

- Christopher McCandless
    edited June 2015
    RKCNDY said:

dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

Yay! I'm telling Mr. RK, "I'm buying a new surface tablet...dankind said I could" ... :evil:
    Heh. Totally. It's a marriage saver. Although if he's feeling gentlemanly, he could watch the tablet and you get the TV.

I watched Deadwood in its entirety on my iPad, while my wife watched Ghost Hunters on the tube -- although Ghost Hunters was probably better than that third season of Deadwood.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,901
    PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Me too.
    me three.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Me too.
    me three.
    Make it four.

I made a comment a few years ago that I wasn't a hugger -- after which he threatened to hug me whenever he met me. I met him and unlost (also greatly missed) at the Wrigley preparty, but I was prepared. I wore my Red Sox bucket hat to fend off the hug. I kind of think I'd take that hug now.

http://youtu.be/i28UEoLXVFQ
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    dankind said:

imalive said:

PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Me too.
    me three.
    Make it four.
    Add me to that list.
    ELITIST FUK
    edited June 2015
    Bucket hat is a good hugger...I believe he got more than his fair share of hugs from me. He's a great pole dancer too...

- Christopher McCandless
    That "bar rescue" show sure finds a way to make people look like assholes.
    However, it was not successful at doing that to bucket hat man or his wife.

that says alot for them.

I just can't believe that the pearl jam forum didn't come up once though. :skull: