The White House lights

How about this picture? :)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Comments

• WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    Incredible.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Beautiful, just beautiful.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Wonderful to see.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Don't it make me :)

We've been blasting PJ this evening and just...smiling.

At this moment, In Hiding live.

"seems so fucking simple now"

No more hiding, no more perception of hiding.

Cheers to freedom, and living life as your life.

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,630
    I would happily party and celebrate tonight with the good folks who live there!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    I'm so happy I live in a country where not only the reason behind those lights is possible but also that the leader chooses to celebrate that in such a lovely way.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • GillycwGillycw Posts: 524
    Good on you USA!! What a landmark day for you :peace:
    I wish our idiot prime minister would bugger off so we could change the law in Australia
    Everyone I know wants marriage equality, hopefully it's only a matter of time
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434

I'm so happy I live in a country where not only the reason behind those lights is possible but also that the leader chooses to celebrate that in such a lovely way.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :plus_one:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

Perfectly stated. :heart:
    ELITIST FUK
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Yes. This picture even made me think about the fact that it's important to keep pulling younger people (such as the president) into leadership roles. Their minds are still flexible enough to join the new world! :)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I agree...I thought it was just beautiful....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    It's great to see a president really choosing a side and proudly sticking to it through social controversy (whihc might be easy to do when you're not up for reelection, but I'm going to go ahead and believe that's not making a difference in this case).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    This was a great gesture. I don't get why people hate on Obama. He is stuck in a system now built to not allow change. He's done the best anyone could right now.

Now I pray for the day when a pot leaf is illuminated onto the White House when pot is legalized.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle