Options

AMAZING Pearl Jam prints for purchase over @ Morrison Hotel Gallery

Comments

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    ^^^ Danny is the man. That Wrigley print is a real beaut :clap: . Wish I had some extra cabbage :money::flushed:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited June 2015
    I just saved myself $750 by printing the Wrigley photo with the colour printer. That's a good one for my office cork board. A little tape, badda-bing. :tongue:

(btw, those photos are great but are also insane rip-offs.... I'm flabbergasted. Not to mention the frames. $250 just for an 11x14 frame?! What the fuck? Even the rich people I know wouldn't spend that much on an 11x14 frame... of course, none of them are crazy PJ fans. ;) Anyway, welcome to the world of high end photographs I guess. Damn, I should have become a photographer).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jasonrolfejasonrolfe Posts: 474
    PJ_Soul said:

(btw, those photos are great but are also insane rip-offs.... I'm flabbergasted. Not to mention the frames. $250 just for an 11x14 frame?! What the fuck? .

I really like these photos, but I have to agree that the prices seem high, and maybe a little opportunistic.

If you've got money to spend, spend it on Bob Guren's sale. He's currently got an exhibit in Toronto. These are the CLASSIC photos of Lennon, Zeppelin and Stones etc... and worth the money.
    lissgallery.com/bob-gruen/
    2005: Kitchener / London / Hamilton | 2006: Toronto 1&2 | 2010: Hartford | 2011: Toronto 1&2 / Hamilton
    2013: London, Brooklyn 1&2 | 2014: Detroit | 2015: New York | 2016: Ottawa / Toronto 1 / Wrigley 1
  • Options
    jasonrolfejasonrolfe Posts: 474
    Please note that I am not against buying any of these photos, but do it for yourself, and not as an investment.

You should note that in the text below each photo, many of the smaller sizes are not in limited or numbers editions. The large version of the Wrigley print shown above in the OP costs $3,500 and is 'limited' to 75. (That's a quarter of a million dollars if all sell out!)

But again, very cool photos, and if I had the money, I would find a way to get a print.
    2005: Kitchener / London / Hamilton | 2006: Toronto 1&2 | 2010: Hartford | 2011: Toronto 1&2 / Hamilton
    2013: London, Brooklyn 1&2 | 2014: Detroit | 2015: New York | 2016: Ottawa / Toronto 1 / Wrigley 1
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    $1200 for a 16X20? come on. what a rip off.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    that photo above is gorgeous... had I of not been shut out of tickets to wrigley, that would be a must have for the wall (once I earned my first $1,000,000). ;)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Let's try not to steal this guys work folks, printing a copy of his work without paying is theft, he owns the works and repro rights. You don't like the prices don't buy and take your own photos

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited June 2015
    hrd2imgn said:

Let's try not to steal this guys work folks, printing a copy of his work without paying is theft, he owns the works and repro rights. You don't like the prices don't buy and take your own photos

This times a million...you have a phone, it's just as good right?

That "guy", Danny Clinch, is a serious friend of the band, a big hitter in the world of rock photography, and took all the photos for LB and Ukulele Songs. Those limited edition, signed photos are worth every dime.

https://youtu.be/yxHE1A_C9QQ

He also directed all of the Lightning Bolt vids. He's in the effing car with Ed.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/112790319317421503777/+PearlJam/posts/BwYzd9JfDUV?pid=6156652305476512466&oid=104698289369046443369
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    hrd2imgn said:

I printed it on a regular piece of 8.5x11 printer paper with a colour printer but not even in HD - it's no comparison to what he's selling at all - and put it on my own tack board. I'm not too worried about it. There is literally no difference between that and using the photo as my screensaver, or from just sitting here staring at it on the website where it's posted. Selling it or redistributing it or even recreating it in some kind of high quality format is another story. If I get a cease and desist letter from the artist I will certainly take it off of my tack board and just make it my screensaver. ;)

PS - I would love to take my own photo from this angle, but so far 10C hasn't given me an all access backstage pass. :frowning:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    PJ_S I don't want to out and out tell you you're wrong...so I'm not going to say anything, other than I am a pro photographer myself.
  • Options

PJ_S I don't want to out and out tell you you're wrong...so I'm not going to say anything, other than I am a pro photographer myself.

I'll take that as you out and out telling me I'm wrong. :lol: And that's okay. I didn't mean my printing this shitty piece of paper is technically on the up and up. I just meant that I'm not worried about it, given that I could look at it on my screen or look at it one foot above and one foot further back from my screen. Logically, I don't feel bad about that.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540
    edited June 2015

So one photo from Wrigley should net him $613k once he sells the editions of 250 and 75? The band members should walk away with 20 million each if this guy gets $613k for one photo. The prices are insane but people must pay for them.

I was just thinking the other day about getting a nice frame photo from Wrigley for my office. I have now stopped thinking about it. I would at most pay $400 including frame.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    If the work was weak, and none of his portfolio is, it would be one thing. He's at the top of the rock photography ladder and can truly command that type of coin. 99.8% of the population, if handed the same equipment, and the same all access photo pass he has, literally could not do what he does. The prices are level with how truly outstanding the work is.

As someone who makes a living in photography, and has for 20 years, I would rather DC charged way too much, than charged too little. Why shouldn't he be able to sell his work for whatever he decides the market will allow?

http://www.amazon.com/Danny-Clinch/dp/1419708708
    Post edited by ikiT on
  • Options

If the work was weak, and none of his portfolio is, it would be one thing. He's at the top of the rock photography ladder and can truly command that type of coin. 99.8% of the population, if handed the same equipment, and the same all access photo pass he has, literally could not do what he does. The prices are level with how truly outstanding the work is.

As someone who makes a living in photography, and has for 20 years, I would rather DC charged way too much, than charged too little. Why shouldn't he be able to sell his work for whatever he decides the market will allow?

Well he is able to, and he's doing it. But that doesn't mean people have to be happy about the outrageous prices.
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    Wow, I got excited for a second.....Before I knew the prices lol
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Well he is able to, and he's doing it. But that doesn't mean people have to be happy about the outrageous prices.
    my sister is a professional photographer and I shower her the prices....she was appalled. way way way over priced.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    edited June 2015
    What if I take a picture of this picture and print out my picture? I guess it is now my property

image.

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Jason P said:

What if I take a picture of this picture and print out my picture? I guess it is now my property

image.

P-p-p-p-p-power! That guy cracks me the fuck up.
  • Options
    DancedNLaughterDancedNLaughter the 509 Posts: 323
    That's like my brain trying to comprehend those prices :lol:

There are some amazing prints in there though . . . . .(le sigh)
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029

Aren't there automatic cameras now with 15 megapixel lenses? I remember A tv show where they had random people go out and film the wilderness in Africa as a contest. One of them in the group was a professional photographer.
    He didn't win...

Give me his equipment and I'll be glad to take pictures all day long
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029

Give me his equipment and I'll be glad to take pictures all day long...
  • Options
    Give me his equipment and backstage access and I ll capture one amazing moment out of the five thousand digital pictures I took.
  • Options
    Thanks for stopping by!
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    to rich for my blood but real nice
    ajb
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    Jason P said:

image.

:lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Aren't there automatic cameras now with 15 megapixel lenses? I remember A tv show where they had random people go out and film the wilderness in Africa as a contest. One of them in the group was a professional photographer.
    He didn't win...

megapixels-schmegapixels. random people on a tv show? Automatic cameras?

"glad to take pictures" and actually making great images are two vastly different things. So are "I could do that, if...", and "I do that."

I don't want to out and out say that you don't know what you're talking about....

Exhibiting a condescending attitude towards this man's artistry from 10c members seems wrong, but whatever.

https://youtu.be/Ve2igdOOV0w

Post edited by ikiT on
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,959

He didn't win...

megapixels-schmegapixels. random people on a tv show? Automatic cameras?

"glad to take pictures" and actually making great images are two vastly different things. So are "I could do that, if...", and "I do that."

I don't want to out and out say that you don't know what you're talking about....

Exhibiting a condescending attitude towards this man's artistry from 10c members seems wrong, but whatever.

https://youtu.be/Ve2igdOOV0w

I wouldn't even try to explain to them. Some appalling attitudes in here.

The prices are for the photographer to decide. I personally wouldn't pay any where near that, but then again I'm not his target customer.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852

lancemphoto

Hey New York City-ers, Los Angelers, Get on up and out and show your love to these fine folks at the Morrison Hotel Gallery they work hard so your eyes don’t have to...that is all, thank you👍🏻❤️ #morrisonhotelgallery #riseofageneration

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,794
    DC is the coolest! He gave me and others a book of his prints. Great guy. And HUGE talent.