Seattle Seahawks v Chicago Bears 9/27/15

Just a question, I am going to be in Seattle for the Who concert this week and thought I might go to the game but the cheapest ticket I can get is about $300, is this the normal price or will I be able to get cheaper tickets closer to the date, just seems very expensive to me.
BDO, Melbourne, 2014.   EV Solo, Melbourne, 2014.   Memphis, 2014.   Detroit, 2014.   St Paul, 2014.  Global Citizens Festival, NYC, 2015.   Columbia, 2016.   Jazz Fest, New Orleans, 2016.   Philly 1 & 2, 2016.   MSG 1 & 2, New York, 2016.  Ottawa, 2016.   Toronto 1, 2016.  Amsterdam 1 & 2, 2018.  London 1, 2018.  Padova, 2018.  Rome, 2018.  Prague, 2018.

Comments

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    You're in Seattle "this" week for the who show and want to go to the hawks game in September? What am I missing???
  • Sounds like The Who are planning to put on one long-ass show!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self

Sounds like The Who are planning to put on one long-ass show!

That's gonna be one hell of a show
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,901

Sounds like The Who are planning to put on one long-ass show!

that would kill those old geezers!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Sandy66Sandy66 Posts: 226
    Sorry, didn't explain myself very well I meant by this week as the date stated in my heading
    BDO, Melbourne, 2014.   EV Solo, Melbourne, 2014.   Memphis, 2014.   Detroit, 2014.   St Paul, 2014.  Global Citizens Festival, NYC, 2015.   Columbia, 2016.   Jazz Fest, New Orleans, 2016.   Philly 1 & 2, 2016.   MSG 1 & 2, New York, 2016.  Ottawa, 2016.   Toronto 1, 2016.  Amsterdam 1 & 2, 2018.  London 1, 2018.  Padova, 2018.  Rome, 2018.  Prague, 2018.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    Sandy66 said:

Sorry, didn't explain myself very well I meant by this week as the date stated in my heading

No need to apologize to these knuckleheads. Everyone is a comedian. Hahahah

I would take a guess and say YES, you should be able to get cheaper tickets. Just be patient and prices will drop.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Sandy66 said:

I would take a guess and say YES, you should be able to get cheaper tickets. Just be patient and prices will drop.
    Thanks Speedy, hoping that would be the case.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    Regular season opener at Century Link...You won't get cheaper tix.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • $300 is actually pretty decent.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    If you can score tickets below $300 odds are you will have more fun watching the game at a pub.

350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    mookey speaks the truth...since winning the Superbowl, the ticket prices have gone up considerably high. We used to go every year for one game, can't afford to go now.

If you want to see the game at a bar near the stadium, I suggest being there at 10am...yes, I realize the game isn't until 1pm...but you will have to be there that early to get in.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Thanks for the info, was told told seeing a game was a must do when in Seattle but didn't realise it was the season opener. A bit expensive so watching from a bar might have to do. :smile:

Sandy66 said:

Says the resident class comedian. Ha
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    Sandy66 said:

Just a question, I am going to be in Seattle for the Who concert this week and thought I might go to the game but the cheapest ticket I can get is about $300, is this the normal price or will I be able to get cheaper tickets closer to the date, just seems very expensive to me.

So you are traveling all the way from Australia to see THE WHO?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Sandy66 said:

Haha, no not just The Who, I have planned a trip to travel all over and to see a few bands while I am at it, Foo Fighters in LA, ACDC in San Francisco, The Who and Tragically Hip in Seattle, My Morning Jacket in Las Vegas, U2 in London and Pearl Jam in Chile and Argentina. I am looking to do as much as I can while travelling so going to some good sports games as well, baseball, basketball, soccer and football so thinking that I may still go to the Seattle Seahawks game, hell it's only money, lol.

• muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Sandy66 said:

Sandy66 said:

Haha, no not just The Who, I have planned a trip to travel all over and to see a few bands while I am at it, Foo Fighters in LA, ACDC in San Francisco, The Who and Tragically Hip in Seattle, My Morning Jacket in Las Vegas, U2 in London and Pearl Jam in Chile and Argentina. I am looking to do as much as I can while travelling so going to some good sports games as well, baseball, basketball, soccer and football so thinking that I may still go to the Seattle Seahawks game, hell it's only money, lol.

I want to come, that sounds like an incredible trip. However you should come to Wrigley Field for your mates AC/DC.... I love you Aussie's in your traveling ways, I get to get my ass over there soon.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    Sandy66 said:

Sandy66 said:

Wow. That's an awesome trip you've got planned there. Definitely check out the Seahawks game if you can....that stadium is crazy and LOUD. They have the best homefield advantage in the NFL>
    muskydan said:

Sandy66 said:

Sandy66 said:

I want to come, that sounds like an incredible trip. However you should come to Wrigley Field for your mates AC/DC.... I love you Aussie's in your traveling ways, I get to get my ass over there soon.
    I would love to come to Chicago and see a show at Wrigley Field, if PJ play there again I am definately going to try to be there. I got the travel bug last year when i came over on my own to see PJ at Memphis, Detroit and St Paul and loved it, wasn't as scary as i thought it was going to be so here I go again, lol. You will love Australia and if you get down to Tasmania you will have to drop in and say hello, I manage a sports bar in Launceston so i will buy you a beer :)

Sandy66 said:

Sandy66 said:

Wow. That's an awesome trip you've got planned there. Definitely check out the Seahawks game if you can....that stadium is crazy and LOUD. They have the best homefield advantage in the NFL>
    Yea I keep checking the prices and thinking if I am going to be there i should go and see one of the better teams going, home ground and all, I reckon the atmosphere will be amazing!!