Options

You people are all sheep!

over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
During the Text Messaging pre-show, a "Let's Go Rangers (chant)" came up on the screen and I heard 3 people chant. And this was right before the show, where a reaction for the text messages were happening on pretty much a text-by-text basis. People certainly were paying close attention at this point. SO! When Eddie says it, all of a sudden a louder "Let's Go Ranger" chant breaks out louder than I've even heard at Ranger games. Argh... when the almighty Eddie Vedder says it, all of a sudden the place is filled with 22000 Ranger fans.
Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Dude, get mad the next time you see someone kick a puppy. This is small potatoes ...
    :)
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    Ed is my Shepherd, I shall not want.
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    that was my text!!!!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    i dont care about the Rangers or hockey but i'd shout Lets Go Rangers if i were at MSG.
  • Options
    that was my text!!!!

aren't you glad a whole 3 people saw it?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    share wrote:
    aren't you glad a whole 3 people saw it?

yeah i was kind of like wtf?

but ed made up for it, but it was even better last night when we started it ourselves during the show and he went with it doing the clap part with his guitar
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Most people were confused because they thought it was a cheer for park rangers, that is until Ed cleared things up.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I wasn't there, but I think there's a chance---however slight---that more people are focused on Eddie during the show than are focused on the text messages before the show.
  • Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    over_bends wrote:
    During the Text Messaging pre-show, a "Let's Go Rangers (chant)" came up on the screen and I heard 3 people chant. And this was right before the show, where a reaction for the text messages were happening on pretty much a text-by-text basis. People certainly were paying close attention at this point. SO! When Eddie says it, all of a sudden a louder "Let's Go Ranger" chant breaks out louder than I've even heard at Ranger games. Argh... when the almighty Eddie Vedder says it, all of a sudden the place is filled with 22000 Ranger fans.

how old are you? at WPB someone sent a message saying "if you're a pearl jam fan raise your hand" do you REALLY think that everyone raised their hands? get real.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Is this text message thing at all of the shows????
  • Options
    yeah i was kind of like wtf?

but ed made up for it, but it was even better last night when we started it ourselves during the show and he went with it doing the clap part with his guitar

don't you just hate it when Ed steals your thunder like that?
    Isn't it enough that he's the lead singer in the best band in the world,
    gets to travel all over the world and even takes batting practice with
    a major league baseball team.

Oh Ed, let the man have his 15 minutes.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    stylo17 wrote:
    how old are you? at WPB someone sent a message saying "if you're a pearl jam fan raise your hand" do you REALLY think that everyone raised their hands? get real.

No no no... believe me... at this time. Atleast 60-70% of the arena was watching and reacting to every single text that popped up there.

And also, my anger was just a joke to be excessive and dramatic.
    Yield!

• Options
    Dude, get mad the next time you see someone kick a puppy. This is small potatoes ...
    :)

Ha. That reminds me...i saw a kid no older than 5 kick a pigeon yesterday afternoon in nyc.
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    I was singing Betterman on the train yesterday, and nobody else fucking sang along! Then of course Pearl Jam plays it at their concert and everyone sings! You're all a bunch of sheep!
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    over_bends wrote:

A bit later, on the escalator, as we sheep were still basking in the glow of yet another near out-of-body PJ experience, I yelled out "Let's go Rangers!" and my sheepmates followed suit. Lots of them. Oh, and Eddie was nowhere to be found.
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"
  • Options
    A bit later, on the escalator, as we sheep were still basking in the glow of yet another near out-of-body PJ experience, I yelled out "Let's go Rangers!" and my sheepmates followed suit. Lots of them. Oh, and Eddie was nowhere to be found.

But this was post-Eddie's approval, and so Pearl Jam fans realized that the Messiah has granted acceptance and endorsed the New York Rangers. At this point, it was cool to be a Ranger fan in the Pearl Jam community.
    Yield!

• Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    stylo17 wrote:

ha! I remember that one.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    over_bends wrote:
    But this was post-Eddie's approval, and so Pearl Jam fans realized that the Messiah has granted acceptance and endorsed the New York Rangers. At this point, it was cool to be a Ranger fan in the Pearl Jam community.

Messiah...agreed. The concert was truly a religious experience. Ed is my Good Shepherd!!!
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"
  • Options
    If Eddie Kicked a puppy, I'd do it too.

Baaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Leave your lady on the cement floor.

"You boo us, you call us pussies, and still we come back." EV NJ1 2006

2008 MSG 2
    2006 NJ 1, NJ 2
    2003 MSG 1
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    whats a ranger?
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    Most people were confused because they thought it was a cheer for park rangers, that is until Ed cleared things up.

That's what me and my friend Boo Boo thought....got any pick-a-nick baskets?
    Leave your lady on the cement floor.

"You boo us, you call us pussies, and still we come back." EV NJ1 2006

2008 MSG 2
    2006 NJ 1, NJ 2
    2003 MSG 1
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    This is absolutely without question something worth getting upset/angry about. Totally.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    If Eddie Kicked a puppy, I'd do it too.

HA! Someone text this one up there!
  • Options
    DeadmanwalkingDeadmanwalking Seattle Posts: 42
    Fuck that, I was screaming Let's Go Islanders....FUCK the rangers!
    Eddie broke my heart with that shit.
    I hate the Rangers.
    "If it wasn't for the Buzzcocks who knows we might sound like Good Charlotte or something that sounds like....oh they're good, it just sounds like, it sounds like, well it tastes like a popsicle thats been stuck up somebody's ass, but thats my opinion.....hey some people are into that"
    EV 7/8/03
  • Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    whats a ranger?

you know, like park rangers that stop bears like Yogi from stealing food. ;)
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    stylo17 wrote:
    you know, like park rangers that stop bears like Yogi from stealing food. ;)

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol
  • Options
    arakiasarakias Posts: 281
    over_bends wrote:

actually people near me were saying lets go buffalo or lets go sabres or a couple of other teams.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    over_bends wrote:

HAHAHA wow
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Jeez, what's the big deal? I have no idea who the Rangers are (sports don't interest me in the least) so I wasn't chanting but its what crowds that are primarily dudes 15-40 do. Ed was going with it, letting people get the energy out before he moved on.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:
    Jeez, what's the big deal? I have no idea who the Rangers are (sports don't interest me in the least) so I wasn't chanting but its what crowds that are primarily dudes 15-40 do. Ed was going with it, letting people get the energy out before he moved on.

they are the only REAL NY HOCKEY TEAM ;)