Options

Best Off He Goes?

over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
edited November 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
It's my absolute favorite song (as of right now of course) so if anyone can share their favorite version, that'd be super.
Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    bennaroya hall. never heard a better version.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    Boston 07-11-2003

They don't play it as much anymore so it doesn't sound as tight as it did back in 2000 or 2003
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    live on 2 legs version is one of my favorites
  • Options
    Sep 22 O5 Halifax
  • Options
    I love 2000 Seattle (3) the last show from that tour. They dedicate it to one particular Roskilde victim & Ed seems to get esp choked up. It's a fantastic version.
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    I love 2000 Seattle (3) the last show from that tour. They dedicate it to one particular Roskilde victim & Ed seems to get esp choked up. It's a fantastic version.

very tight version. That's probably the version i've listened to the most.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V97kLyc1FY
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    haven't heard them all, but this one was quite good.

12/07/05 - Auditorio Coca Cola, Monterrey, Mexico
    opening act: Mudhoney
    set: Long Road, Corduroy, Hail Hail, Animal, Do The Evolution, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Light Years, Lukin --> Not For You, In Hiding, Grievance, Green Disease, Daughter/(Suck You Dry)/(Androgynous Mind)/(It's OK - Spanish), Jeremy, Rearviewmirror
    first encore: Man Of The Hour, Off He Goes, Elderly Woman..., Last Kiss, Black, Alive
    second encore: You've Got To Hide Your Love Away, I Believe In Miracles, Kick Out The Jams, Rockin' in the Free World, Yellow Ledbetter
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    I have an entire playlist dedicated to this perfect song. :o
    When it comes to this baby every single version is "the best". ;)
    But ok, other than the obvious extra extra bests (Benaroya & Boston III being most superior imo)....I also highly recommend Boston 1998 and YES YES YES...Seattle 2000!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    AH! And I can't forget OSAKA 2003. Easily one of my most listened to and most adored versions. :o Said it before and I'll say it always...these Japan boots have an untouchable magic and a sound all their own. It really makes for some of the most uniquely amazing versions of songs. And when you have a song like OFF HE GOES that's already super uniquely amazing....well.....
    quite the mix. ;)

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    live on 2 legs version is one of my favorites

same here. first live version i ever heard, so it's special. the album track has been #1 to me for the past few weeks. can't get enough of it.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    I'm partial to the Showbox 2002 verison.

Some really nice work by Mike in that one.

the song fits well with the slower ones from Riot Act, 02/03 versions are great.
    Can't Touch the Bottom:
    10-20-01/ 10-21-01/ 2-26-02/ 12-6-02/ 12-8-02/ 12-9-02/ 6-1-03/ 6-2-03/ 6-3-03/ 6-5-03/ 6-6-03/ 10-25-03/ 10-26-03/ 10-28-03/ 9-1-05/ 9-2-05/ 7-13-06/ 7-15-06/ 7-16-06/ 7-18-06/ 7-20-06/ 7-22-06/ 7-23-06
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    i can't say i've ever heard a bad version of this song...consistently one of my favorites.

not sure of my favorite version, but i like philly 2000, where he's rambling about how the pope never calls him back and this song is about being friends with the pope. :D
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    I personally like the GR 06 version. Mikes guitar work is really awesome, plus it's the softest I've ever heard Ed's voice.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    Boston 07-11-2003
    +1

Off He Goes + three acoustic guitars instead of the usual acoustic/electric combo = Eargasm
    MSG 1&2 2003
    Boston 3 2003
    Milan 2006
    Athens 2006
  • Options

I agree 100%.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • Options
    I really like the live on 2 legs version. off he goes is truly one of the great ones.
  • Options
    pjfan020 wrote:
    bennaroya hall. never heard a better version.
    i agree
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    AH! And I can't forget OSAKA 2003. Easily one of my most listened to and most adored versions. :o Said it before and I'll say it always...these Japan boots have an untouchable magic and a sound all their own. It really makes for some of the most uniquely amazing versions of songs. And when you have a song like OFF HE GOES that's already super uniquely amazing....well.....
    quite the mix. ;)

My fave as well. It's right before the best ever version of Wishlist. Ah, great show.
    Common sense is not so common.
  • Options
    oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    Gorge 2005 ;)
  • Options
    very tight version. That's probably the version i've listened to the most.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V97kLyc1FY

Woah! I've never seen this before! Thanks SO much!!!