Options

What's the best boot quality wise, setlist wise, and performance wise?

over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Total disregarding everything else about the show which boot has had the best sound quality wise? which one setlist wise? and which one performance wise?
Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Gorge 2 has a great set and I really like the quality. Last night in the US and they played a few rarities including Little Wing, In hiding, Rats, Satan's Bed, I Won't Back Down, and Garden.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    Rutherfield New Jersey 1/6-
    Leash, glorified g, dissident, leatherman, comatose, imortality, last exit, army reserve, marker in the sand, man of the hour, footsteps,once.

And their is twice as much more=)
    + it´s a really good energy at the show
    2006 Paris, Prague
    2007 Munich, Katowice, Kopenhaven, Nijmegen
  • Options
    surely its something you gotta decide yourself - i've read that this boot is great,bad,audience great, sound bad etc etc and sometimes i agree other times i dont - you need to decide yourself cos not everyone thinks or hears the same and of course most are biased to the shows they attended.

thats why instead of asking which boot i should buy i listen to a few and buy those i really like and just acquire the rest (yes my bad i know)
  • Options
    Well, I'm going to get ripped for this, because (and I agree) PJ's music is personal, so everyone will have a favorite show. However, I've ranked the shows based on 2 totally objective criteria: 1) How rare the songs have been on this tour (US Leg 1, 2 and Europe) and 2) How many songs were played. Obviously, this does not take into account atmosphere, performance quality, tags, etc...

Running these through a little Excel model, here's what it spit out:

Top 10 US:
    E Rutherford 2
    Gorge 1
    Chicago 2
    Grand Rapids
    San Fran 2
    Camden 2
    E Rutherford 1
    Los Angeles 2
    San Fran 3
    Boston 1

Top 5 Europe:
    Prague
    Lisbon 2
    Marseille
    Berlin
    Zagreb

Thoughts?
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead..."
  • Options
    Dan1984Dan1984 Posts: 444
    Primetime9 wrote:
    Well, I'm going to get ripped for this, because (and I agree) PJ's music is personal, so everyone will have a favorite show. However, I've ranked the shows based on 2 totally objective criteria: 1) How rare the songs have been on this tour (US Leg 1, 2 and Europe) and 2) How many songs were played. Obviously, this does not take into account atmosphere, performance quality, tags, etc...

Running these through a little Excel model, here's what it spit out:

Top 10 US:
    E Rutherford 2
    Gorge 1
    Chicago 2
    Grand Rapids
    San Fran 2
    Camden 2
    E Rutherford 1
    Los Angeles 2
    San Fran 3
    Boston 1

Top 5 Europe:
    Prague
    Lisbon 2
    Marseille
    Berlin
    Zagreb

Thoughts?

Where is San Diego? One of the best shows so far. Also Torino was awesome. The entire new CD played in order. Nice!
    06/05/2003 - San Diego
    06/06/2003 - Las Vegas
    06/07/2003 - Phoenix
  • Options
    i loved the energy of SF2
  • Options
    Exactly - I'd be the first one to say that what I did is basically useless to most people, since it's hard to include these "intangible" things, since they differ person-by-person. Looking on the boards, some people loved the fact they played Avocado in its entirety at Torino, others didn't. The most this says is that these shows were decently long and had a little more variety than some other shows.

For my money, I'd say the Irving Plaza show in NY was the most religious PJ experience I had on this tour...too bad there's no official boot!!
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead..."
  • Options
    Boston I
    Opened with Release...........best version I ever heard.

Boston II
    Leash busted out for the first time on the tour.

Both have great sound quality........crazy loud crowd.

Then again, I have a biased opinion.

The Gorge shows were awesome, too.
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • Options
    From the US leg, the best sound quality are both Gorge shows...out of all the shows, between the band and the crowd, East Rutherford 2 was probably the best show, but the first 5 songs are fucked up on the bootleg...ER1 and ER2 probably had the best setlists...mind you at ER1, the crowd sucked but were extremly into it for Footsteps and Indifference...Gorge 2 had a more "into it" crowd than the night before...partially because it cooled off a lot better by the encore, I personally enjoyed that show better...for me:

Top 10 US shows for me:
    1. East Rutherford 2
    2. Gorge 2
    3. Gorge 1
    4. San Fran 2
    5. San Diego
    6. Grand Rapids
    7. Camden 1
    8. San Fran 3
    9. Boston 1
    10. East Rutherford 1

Top 5 Europe shows:
    1. Milan
    2. Lisbon 2
    3. Marseille
    4. Torino
    5. Dublin

Reading in Europe, the band sounded fuckin amazing but I didn't put that up there because it was a festival. The Pistoia and Zagreb show sounded fuckin great, I've yet to hear them. Athens tomorrow is going to be killer!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    Just buy them all! Problem solved.

I like SF 1-2-3 very much with 2 being my favorite. Gorge 1 is great. Santa Barbara is really really great and I don't know why folks seem to not like it. Jersey 2 is good, but Boston 2 is a little better in my opinion.

I just got Verona and MAN am I digging on it. Not a remarkable set list but the sound is just phenominal. Great energy too. And the song ordering. WWS into DTE into Severed Hand? Brilliant. So far it's my favorite from the Europe tour, but Marselle and Bern aren't too far behind.

Yeah. My name's Adam and I'm a boot-o-holic.
    Baby humpback, baby humpback!
    Down the sewer, down the sewer!
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Lisbon II the best.

Denvers were about the worst I have ever heard.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    fuck cincy........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    How about Portland, great version of Sad, a couple of Uncle Neil gems(RITFW and Harvest Moon) and a couple on the uke(Soon Forget, Happy Birthday).
    #FHP