Seeing Jay Mohr...

This weekend...I'm going with my hubby because he's been to a bunch of things I've wanted to go to...I'm not what you would call a "fan" of Mohr...but I'm giving him a chance... :lol: We'll see....Anyone here a fan, anyone seen him?

My hubs got the backstage pass shirt...for him...I'm like I don't care if I meet him...haha The hubs is super excited! It's kinda cute! :tongue:
Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
Tattooed Dissident!

Comments

• HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    Never seen him in person, but caught a special of his a while back. He told this story about doing a movie with Christopher Walken. His imitation was spot on. :lol:

Have fun.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    I liked his special that was on tv. Funny guy.
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    His imitation of Christopher Walken is great...and I did like him in the movie Picture Perfect with Jennifer Aniston....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Saw him once. He was ok, nothing like Louis ck or anyone. Should be ok for a night out with the hubby.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    I laughed, hard during his last special.
    badbrains said:

Saw him once. He was ok, nothing like Louis ck or anyone. Should be ok for a night out with the hubby.

I love Louis CK! But the Hubby loves Jay...he listens to his radio show too....I dunno, he's a nerd, what can I say...lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
    igotid88 said:
    LMAO! He sounded more like a russian dude than Eddie...but after he said Jeff I kinda got it a little bit....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    PJSiren said:

This weekend...I'm going with my hubby because he's been to a bunch of things I've wanted to go to...I'm not what you would call a "fan" of Mohr...but I'm giving him a chance... :lol: We'll see....Anyone here a fan, anyone seen him?

My hubs got the backstage pass shirt...for him...I'm like I don't care if I meet him...haha The hubs is super excited! It's kinda cute! :tongue:

Ah, compromise! Good on both of you for the sweetness of knowing how to give and take :)

I haven't seen much of Mohr in the stand-up sense, but I liked him very much as a host during the first year or two of Last Comic Standing. Good off-the-cuff stuff.

Bet he loves you being there with him.
    Just found that I still have his special on dvr. Going to give it another watch.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,768
    I remember he was a guest on Late Night with Conan O'Brien and he sang the chorus to In Hiding into the mic on the desk
    I miss igotid88
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    edited June 2015
    He'll always be Bob Sugar to me.

"I came here to fire you, Jerry."
    Post edited by InHiding80 on

He'll always be Bob Sugar to me.

"I came here to fire you, Jerry."

I HATE BOB SUGAR!!! LOL But when I think Jay, first I think Picture Perfect...which I loved him in, if you haven't seen it...it's a good chick flick....very cute and you can't go wrong with Jennifer Aniston...or Kevin Bacon...but I didn't like him for a very long time because he was on Howard Stern at the same time as Stephanie McMahon...and Jay and Howard made fun of Steph the whole time...I don't recall if she ended up crying or not, but hell I probablywould have but yeah, I said I would go with him because he couldn't get any of his friends to go...and he took me to multiple Christian Kane shows....I owe him.... :lol:
    Tattooed Dissident!
    So I just watched that special again. Funnier than I remembered and I completely forgot he gives credit to his wife for a lot of it and she is listed as the writer during the credits. I don't remember Nikki Cox being that funny.
    I'm really excited to go now...even though I've never been a big fan....but I'm ready for it....should be a fun night out...
    Tattooed Dissident!
    So Jay was freaking hilarious last night, it was a great show...I loved it....he was fantastic....and his two opening acts were too....Todd Armstrong and Gabe Dinger...two very funny guys as well. As I said before my hubby bought the t-shirt pass so he got to go meet him after...

Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

So Jay was freaking hilarious last night, it was a great show...I loved it....he was fantastic....and his two opening acts were too....Todd Armstrong and Gabe Dinger...two very funny guys as well. As I said before my hubby bought the t-shirt pass so he got to go meet him after...

Nice!