Options

Mad Season w/ Seattle Symphony is coming soon!

halvhalv Posts: 680
From Barrett Martin's Facebook:

"Mike McCready and I doing a filmed interview at the Moore Theater for the 20th anniversary of Mad Season's "Above" album. Mad Season with the Seattle Symphony coming soon!"

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    Fantastic news! :)
  • Options
    Let's hope they release this on Blu-ray and not just DVD.
  • Options
    PJ212PJ212 Posts: 811
    That is rad news. A night as special as that was should be released for more people to hear... or see? Cool stuff.
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Audio would be nice! Don't have a lot of time to watch BRs these days!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Audio would be nice! Don't have a lot of time to watch BRs these days!

They will probably do audio. Would be pretty sweet if Nugs releases this in 24Bit Flac-HD.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    EPIC!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    http://gnrtruth.proboards.com/thread/3438/duff-mckagan-financial-advisor-radio

Tell me about the Mad Season concert that you recently played with Barrett Martin, Mike McCready and Chris Cornell.

The Seattle Symphony approached Mike McCready about doing the Mad Season record. Immediately, Cornell agreed to do it. He was [Mad Season/Alice In Chains singer] Layne [Staley]’s friend. And then they asked me, I was also Layne’s friend. Regrettably, I didn’t know [Mad Season bass player] Baker [aka John Saunders]. But I feel like I do now, because I listened to his bass playing inside and out.

We rehearsed at Pearl Jam‘s studios. For the last song, “All Alone,” we actually used Layne’s vocal recording. It was just us [McKagan, McCready and drummer Barrett Martin] and the sound guy in the studio, and it was so heavy. Then we rehearsed with the Seattle Symphony, and then Chris came in. That guy can sing! He didn’t even have to warm up. He just walked in from his car, got in front of the mic and this huge voice comes out. He’s not even pushing it! I don’t understand how his body works. But it was super-cool.
  • Options
    Looking forward to this.
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds