Robert Plant Live

bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
I'm seeing Robert Plant live in July and am wondering how he is on a stage these days. Does he play any Zep?
Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014

Comments

• If he does it's rearranged. Great performer!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • dr122931dr122931 Posts: 460
    edited June 2015
    I've seen him the last few tours. He's amazing. Mixes up some zep along with solo work.
    He rearranges the zep material but does a great job of it. It's kind of more bluegrass and earthy.
    Enjoy.
  • He still has a voice.

The Plant concert in Vancouver in 1988 or so was still one of the greatest concerts I've ever seen for a million reasons.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,194
    edited June 2015
    you an easily youtube what he is doing these days and see how he sounds. i think his voice has aged well. May not hit the high notes like he used to but he doesn't need to with the rearrangements.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Thanks for your comments. And I don't want to go on youtube, I don't want to listen to it before I actually listen to it live.
  • manitoumanmanitouman Posts: 1,085
    Seen him 2 or 3 times with Joy and Shifters...blown away each time. And yes, there's some rearranged Zep in there. This past RSD had a 10" with a Zep medly he's doing on this latest tour.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    I saw him a long time ago. Cleveland Public Hall. 1993, I believe. He was wonderful. He would sing a song for so long and it would morph so many times that by the 15-20 minute mark, you'd forget what he started with until it got to the end. "Ahhh, that's what it was!"
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    It was brilliant, masterclass in fact. And lots and lots of Zep. Yes! Now my only wish is to see at least Jimmy Page with him play Zep songs.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,188
    I saw him three times

The Principle of Moments tour at the Spectrum in Philly

The Shaken And Stirred tour Hampton Coliseum Hampton VA.....I bowled right next to him at the Cirkce Lanes in Hampton. My friends that were with me had no idea who he was late in the morning.

The Now And Zen tour at the Capital Centre MD....one of the best concerts I've ever been out of hundreds. There he played many more Zep songs but seem to change them up some from what I remember. I will always love that song Big Log from the album POM.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Saw him last night with Allison Krauss. short set at 95 minutes. done at 935pm. great great show.  did like 5 zep songs and a reworked in the mood. a countryfied version of rock n roll is fantastic. and did the unledded arangement of when the levee breaks....

catch em when you can.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • KM658471KM658471 Posts: 7
    edited June 16
    Saw him in 2019, and every other song was a Zeppelin tune
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    we saw him and Krauss in Indy a few years back...he would belt out little snippets of classic Plant/LZ every so often. I got the feeling that he was just letting us know he could still hit it but it wasn't something he could do a whole show with. I was floored to be honest.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound Posts: 627
    edited June 17
    I met Robert Plant one time in a pub in North London in 2005, on the exact same afternoon I had happened to have bought a new Robert Plant 7-inch single, what are the chances?!  I probably wouldn’t have spoken to him otherwise.  He kindly signed the record sleeve, a lovely man indeed.

He is also good live and has great integrity in my view.
    Post edited by Planet of Sound on
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    wow...that's awesome
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,539
    I saw him in 2005.  The show was pretty good.  Only a few Zeppelin songs.  Most were rearranged so didn't sound like you would expect them to sound.  I think they mostly played Thank You and Whole Lotta Love traditionally.   I don't regret going.  Only chance I really had to seem him play.  I do regret not going to Page/Plant tour in the mid 90s, but I hadn't really discovered my love of Zeppelin back then.  Unfortunately it was only a few years later, that I started looking backwards through the vast catalog of classic rock :)
  • wow...that's awesome
    Thank you, yeah was chuffed to bits that day as you can imagine!
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 9,159
    Yeah! Cool. I'd have a hard time not running home to get my record collection for him to sign. That's funny you had that on you! Wow.
  • Think he was pleased someone had bought his then new single, not sure if he would have reacted so kindly if I’d pulled out Led Zep, but who knows!

• onemorshowonemorshow Posts: 423

Can’t wait for the show tomorrow night.