Options

Similar Setlists

pjrvmpjrvm Posts: 99
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Don't worry, I'm not complaining. But has anyone else noticed that PJ seems to be mixing things up a lot less this tour? Of course they're going to play WWS, Severed Hand etc. every night, but they seem to play the same old stuff every night. DTE and GTF are pretty much the only Yield songs they've played. And they've played pretty much nothing off Binaural and Riot Act, and very little No Code. I just think it would be more interesting if the shows were more "surprising"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sebaarg88sebaarg88 Posts: 1,277
    yeah, i agree
    only love can break your heart
    but only love can brake your fall
  • Options
    homeratbathomeratbat Posts: 219
    i see your point! i saw them 4 times saw similar songs on different nights! it was still an amazing show however
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    I disagree. They've played about as many songs through one leg of this tour than they played the entire Riot Act tour.

Obviously, I think if you take two setlists at random, they might look the same. but odds are good they won't.

I guess it also depends on what you would mean by the same.

I would say 50 percent different is absolutely excellent. One guy was complaining -- complaining -- that his shows were only 65 percent different.

So I guess it's a matter of perspective.

but, no, I don't think they are "mixing it up a lot less." If anything, I think they might be mixing it up a little more than in '03.

Just off the top of my head: Off yield they've played GTF, DTE, Lowlight, Wishlist; Off No Code they've played: Hail, Hail, Red Mosquito, Lukin, Around the Bend, Present Tense, I'm Open; Off Binaural -- Grievance, Insignficance, Parting Ways, Slight of Hand; Off Riot Act: LBC, Save You, Green Disease, Thumbing, Half Full. And that's jsut in a dozen or so shows.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 591
    I saw the last five shows on the leg. Back in the day, five shows in a row would have had tremendous variety. There was little variety this year. The new songs sound really great though.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • Options
    USCJeffUSCJeff Posts: 92
    I kinda feel this way too...
  • Options
    homeratbathomeratbat Posts: 219
    I disagree. They've played about as many songs through one leg of this tour than they played the entire Riot Act tour.

Obviously, I think if you take two setlists at random, they might look the same. but odds are good they won't.

I guess it also depends on what you would mean by the same.

I would say 50 percent different is absolutely excellent. One guy was complaining -- complaining -- that his shows were only 65 percent different.

So I guess it's a matter of perspective.

but, no, I don't think they are "mixing it up a lot less." If anything, I think they might be mixing it up a little more than in '03.

Just off the top of my head: Off yield they've played GTF, DTE, Lowlight, Wishlist; Off No Code they've played: Hail, Hail, Red Mosquito, Lukin, Around the Bend, Present Tense, I'm Open; Off Binaural -- Grievance, Insignficance, Parting Ways, Slight of Hand; Off Riot Act: LBC, Save You, Green Disease, Thumbing, Half Full. And that's jsut in a dozen or so shows.

point taken but i personally dont feel they are mixing it up as much as they did in '03 and i think there might be a reason for that...that reason being that they were hoping to attract more "regular" fans not the nuts like most of us! so maybe they new some songs that were more popular then others should be played...thats only a guess not saying its true and its not a rip at all on the band! to the bands credit they still mix it up more then most bands do on tour and at any given show pearl jam can pull a song out that we would never expect to hear live such as "leash" on the past leg and thats what makes its fun!