Options

Eddie and Pete

pjrvmpjrvm Posts: 99
edited February 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
I just found somewhere on the internet that at one Pete Townshend show Eddie sang Magic Bus and Heart to Hang Onto with him.
I've of course heard Heart to hang onto with Eddie on Letterman, but I had no idea that this version of magic bus existed.
Does anyone have copies of these songs and willing to send them?
Heart to Hang Onto is one of my favorite Eddie compilations.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    i dont have audio, but both letterman videos are on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUAky0rlLEY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQwWpjsVdTo

there's a pro-shot dvd of this performance floating around (set & notes from twofeetthick.com)

07/29/99 - House of Blues, Chicago, IL (Ed with Pete Townshend) [70m]
    attendance: 700-800, not filled to capacity
    set: Pete solo: Won't Get Fooled Again, Behind Blue Eyes, Drowned, Cut My Hair, Slit Skirts (started but not finished due to technical problems with the piano), Let My Love Open the Door
    With EV: Heart to Hang Onto, Let's See Action, Better Man, 'Til The Rivers All Run Dry, Sheraton Gibson, Magic Bus, I'm One
    notes: Yet another press/promotion showcase to promote the live album. Far less security than New York, and anyone hanging around outside all day got in! However, to quote one fan: "Biggest bunch of assholes in an audience I've encountered. Many people talking during songs," which probably accounts for the shortened set and no encore. Pete is in a "Pete-type mood" initially and then loosened up when Eddie comes out. After 'Heart To Hang Onto,' Pete attends to something onstage and Ed talks about spending the past couple days with Pete and how "I've learned new things musically and new things as a human." He then admonishes the people in the crowd who are talking during the songs. "The people talking between songs is driving me fucking nuts." Pete then tells a long story about reading about himself in the paper and Lifehouse, which is followed by 'Let's See Action,' which is once again missing the last verse (as it was last night) and was excellent. 'Magic Bus' is memorable for trademark Townshend windmills; Pete really seems to get into this one.
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    pjrvmpjrvm Posts: 99
    Bump...
    Anyone have audio of Heart To Hang Onto featuring Eddie?
  • Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376
    I think Eddie will play with Pete Doherty in London. They're both fans of the La's.
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    i hope for a pete apearance in wembley for Baba o´riley.
  • Options
    FoGFoG Posts: 34
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Benefit_For_Maryville_Academy

readily available CD as far as I know...
    Of course I value your opinion. It's what makes you wrong and me right.