Pacific Crest Trail

Not only a pretty cool story and video, but tell me this guy doesnt look exactly like Ed in a few of those photos
http://blog.flickr.net/en/2015/06/05/man-hikes-from-mexico-to-canada-takes-a-selfie-every-mile-inspires-millions/
We were but stones your light made us stars

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Indeed a neat story. I love to hike and would really like to do a long distance hike like this at some point. I have long wanted to do the Camino de Santiago, not for religious reasons but because of the beauty of the landscape and the historical importance. I've been told it is now over-run with tourists so haven't made a firm plan. Thanks for posting this.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Thank you for posting that. I don't have it in me to hike the PCT, but I admire those that make the attempt.
    ELITIST FUK
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,630
    The PCT is an awesome trail. I've done bits of it here and there but nothing, of course, like the Herculean effort of walking the whole thing. I have a buddy who is out there right now. He's not as old as I am but he's no spring chicken either so bravo for him!

The only down side (partly due to the movie "Wild") is that the PCT's become a human highway. The good thing is, it seems as though most folks who tackle the trek are good stewards of nature and go out of their way to be friendly and help each other out.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    I used to live near one of the junctions ofbthis trail in So Cal. We used to ride our horses ing that stretch. I always envisioned riding the whole thing. But now dats I think I'd rather hike it. I'd really like to go and do this..along with climbing a mountain this is one of my hiking goals.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I'd do it (or the App) tomorrow if it wasn't for that whole job thing.
    Damn job! ha