Options

Coffee-Maker Recommendations

124»

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I'll admit it and call myself a coffee snob, but there is a place for all the levels of coffee out there. I French and Aero Press whenever I can as it's the best, but I also use those Starbuck "Mia" or "Via" or whatever the heck their called instant coffee packs on backpacking trips. They weigh next to nothing and it takes up practically no space in my pack. Mix into hot water and it's a decent cup of coffee without all the equipment.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    mca47 said:

I'll admit it and call myself a coffee snob, but there is a place for all the levels of coffee out there. I French and Aero Press whenever I can as it's the best, but I also use those Starbuck "Mia" or "Via" or whatever the heck their called instant coffee packs on backpacking trips. They weigh next to nothing and it takes up practically no space in my pack. Mix into hot water and it's a decent cup of coffee without all the equipment.

We used those Starbucks things awhile back too - was good coffee but too dainty in the individual packaging, if that makes sense. I can see traveling with them - and definitely beats Folgers =)

Jason - what is that from? I feel I should know it.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited June 2015
    hedonist said:

mca47 said:

We used those Starbucks things awhile back too - was good coffee but too dainty in the individual packaging, if that makes sense. I can see traveling with them - and definitely beats Folgers =)

Jason - what is that from? I feel I should know it.
    Spaceballs!

Let me know if you can tell the difference without a paper filter.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Hedo,are you not familiar with a "Mawg" or a" Druish princess"? Say it isn't so.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

Spaceballs!

Ah! See, I should've known (though I think I only saw it in pieces, and years ago at that).

Druish princess =)

I'm curious to see the variation with the filter change; seems like a small investment if it'll enhance the taste.

Gern, I've heard Cuisinart is reliable but who the hell goes through twelve cups of coffee?!
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Very similar to the one I have at home and at the office. Only mine at home makes 14 cups. :smiley:

We definitely go through 12 cups at the office, usually twice a day. At home, my prince and I only make half a pot in the morning but often make a full pot when we have company.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    hedonist said:

Spaceballs!

Ah! See, I should've known (though I think I only saw it in pieces, and years ago at that).

Druish princess =)

I'm curious to see the variation with the filter change; seems like a small investment if it'll enhance the taste.

Gern, I've heard Cuisinart is reliable but who the hell goes through twelve cups of coffee?!
    just make as much as you want....2-12 cups
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,907
    hedonist said:

Spaceballs!

Druish princess =)

A truck driver.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Gern - Oh...and d'oh! Can't believe that didn't occur to me.

mickey, wow. That's a hell of a lot. I can see the need for it in your line of work but damn!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

hedonist said:

Spaceballs!

Druish princess =)

just make as much as you want....2-12 cups
    I was just about to say. The only time I ever make 12 cups is when I'm making extra for ice coffee. Usually I make "4" cups which is really two cups by my cup standards. The other day I made 12 cups (full pot). Three cups of coffee for the morning, 12 coffee ice cubes, and 3 cups of iced coffee for the next few days. yum.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    My boss has the funky keurig where the pods look like oranges cut in half. To use k-cups, you have to put it in some orange basket thing. I tried to make hot cocoa, and it asked me if I wanted to froth it...ugh, I ended up making a cup of coffee for my co-worker, but since we pushed the wrong button, we used another cup to catch the overflow coffee, and froth my cocoa.

Maybe I'll buy the reuseable basket for the machine at work...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless