Options

Didn't they just play in europe?

pjrvmpjrvm Posts: 99
edited February 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Not knocking the Europeans, but weren't PJ just there?
If I were living in Europe I'd be thrilled, but doesn't it seem weird.
They are playing in Lisbon only 9 months after they just played there?
Hopefully this means they are coming back to North America, specifically Canada, sometime soon.
Have fun, Europeans.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    We are going to have a lot of fun :D:D
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    They didn't play a single gig in Europe in the years 2001-2005 - no Riot Act Tour in Europe!
    Also the Yield Tour didn't take place in Europe.

I guess that the fan reactions in 2006 reminded them that the European Fans deserve more than a few gigs every 6 years.
    Encompassing trip 2006: 22.9. Prague - 23.9.Berlin - 25.9.Vienna
    to be continued 2007 in Munich - Nova Rock - London
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    pjrvm wrote:
    Hopefully this means they are coming back to North America, specifically Canada, sometime soon.
    Have fun, Europeans.

they love us too much... the crows reaction coupled with the frenzied ticket buying has shown them how much we appreciate them and so they are doing another mini-tour... This Wembley, London gig is the only proper UK show in 7 years... you#ll get your turn as always!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    When North America gets a new tour, do you ever go 'wait, didn't we just get a tour a short while ago?'
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    yes , we missed out on so many other tours and anyway its not a big tour this time if u look at it, last time was good i still dont get why SO MANY Italy shows :confused: but oh well.
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    pjrvm wrote:
    Have fun, Europeans.

Hhmm wait, didn't they play Toronto in 2005 and in twice 2006 with just 8 months in between. That seems weird ;-)
  • Options
    pjrvm wrote:
    Have fun, Europeans.

hmmm, dont PJ play America every year?? ah yeah they do, quit complaining!
  • Options
    Ed in Dublin: "I don't want to say anyhting bad about America, but I couldn't wait to get over here and hear people singing"

Ed in Reading: "Our band doesn;t come to England enough to deserve this kind of response [80,000 people chanting and cheering for them] so I'm feeling guilty on behalf of the group"

Kelly Curtis: "Our shows in Europe last fall were incredible and gave us the itch to return as quickly as possible to some of our favorite places, as well as visit some cities we haven't been to in awhile,"

Listen to the Milan, Berlin, Dublin, Madrid, Bern, Lisbon, Pistoia, Zagreb bootlegs. Then listen to any N American bootleg and tell me you don't notice anything different about the reception they get from the crowd. We deserve it.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Ed in Dublin: "I don't want to say anyhting bad about America, but I couldn't wait to get over here and hear people singing"

Ed in Reading: "Our band doesn;t come to England enough to deserve this kind of response [80,000 people chanting and cheering for them] so I'm feeling guilty on behalf of the group"

Kelly Curtis: "Our shows in Europe last fall were incredible and gave us the itch to return as quickly as possible to some of our favorite places, as well as visit some cities we haven't been to in awhile,"

Listen to the Milan, Berlin, Dublin, Madrid, Bern, Lisbon, Pistoia, Zagreb bootlegs. Then listen to any N American bootleg and tell me you don't notice anything different about the reception they get from the crowd. We deserve it.

i actually got a semi reading this post :o

well done!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    karolakarola Posts: 39
    pjrvm wrote:
    Have fun, Europeans.

have you just woken up from a coma? we've been through this at the end of january... all been said already now let us breathe!
    1996: warsaw; 1998: kansas city; 2000: katowice x 2
    2006: bologna, verona, torino, prague, vienna
    2007: chorzow
  • Options
    pjrvm wrote:
    Have fun, Europeans.

We'll have !!!

We deserve it after this 6 year's wait...
    and PJ probably doesn't think Europe is something very far and old like some are thinking.
    Europe is lively, modern and loves them !

Your turn in US & canada will come..... as usual.
    Let us enjoy this time is for us, for once.
    Still waiting for a gig in Paris (in a venue not a festival) since 2006...
    Spin, spin !!

Marseille + Paris 2006
    London + Werchter 2007
    Arras + Belfast 2010
    Arras 2012
    Paris Lollapalooza 2022
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    dunkman wrote:
    i actually got a semi reading this post :o

well done!!!

Well i know how to get you all droopy again... read this morning that SImply Red are playing 5 nights at the Albert Hall at the end of May... fancy coming down for that ? Made me feel quite unwell on the train coming in to work...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    pjrvmpjrvm Posts: 99
    It wasn't a complaint, just a comment.
    For those who compare it to playing North America in 05 and 06, or playing Toronto in 05 and 06: it's a bit different when the 06 tour was for the new album
    I'm happy for everyone in Europe that they are going back there. My point is that they didn't play there for so long and now they are playing there again after just being there.
    Chill out
  • Options
    karolakarola Posts: 39
    pjrvm - in that case sorry for my earlier comment. linkin park ruined my mood and I'm rather bitchy today! ;)
    1996: warsaw; 1998: kansas city; 2000: katowice x 2
    2006: bologna, verona, torino, prague, vienna
    2007: chorzow
  • Options
    Peter CPeter C Posts: 238

And Paris!!
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • Options
    Peter C wrote:
    And Paris!!

Ed said "we should be paying you for coming here". When they came back on stage for the first encore he said that of all the places they've played before they never have had a better audience singing the lyrics and "no one sings the guitar parts!"
    Ed tells the Argentinian fans that "You make a sad man happy"

we want them of return!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    danleridanleri Posts: 497
    V V wrote:
    yes , we missed out on so many other tours and anyway its not a big tour this time if u look at it, last time was good i still dont get why SO MANY Italy shows :confused: but oh well.

well... have you ever been to Italy? :D
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    swedeswede Posts: 558

i agree with what hinny said bout the comment about a short while ago.

but here, i think there are some nth american boots that are as good or better than those. and the best n craziest crowd is still argentina i think that ive heard on boots
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    ok....no one mention the S word :eek:

btw: us Aussies dont get them that much either, but im not complaining...coz when we do its fantastic!!! I would never whinge about them not coming over enough :)
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780

our singing is the bizness!!!
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    swede wrote:
    i agree with what hinny said bout the comment about a short while ago.

but here, i think there are some nth american boots that are as good or better than those. and the best n craziest crowd is still argentina i think that ive heard on boots
    We will be even better in London though won't we mate... just wait for Stone's lick mid-DtE.
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    last time was good i still dont get why SO MANY Italy shows :confused: but oh well.
    Why not?

Maybe you had never seen the italian locations of the concerts...

Verona: the roman arena http://www.chincherini.com/images/arena_verona.jpg

Pistoia:the central square http://www.pistoiaturismo.it/public/img_testi/vistaaeriadipistoia.jpg

and now in a park in front of Venice http://circolovelicocasanova.provincia.venezia.it/AD%20LA%20Galeotti%20few.jpg

don't be jealous...
    :)
  • Options
    Bartek_-_Bartek_-_ Posts: 73
    I've been to four Italian shows last year and it was great fun but still I think that tour could be scheduled different/better. I don't mind even ten shows in Italy or in any other country as long as other places have their concerts either. In 2006 Bologna, Torino and this Spanish festival - these gigs could be replaced by Hamburg, Stockholm and Katowice. Such a tour would much more varied and more "complete".

IMHO of course.
  • Options
    E.BloomE.Bloom Posts: 188
    "Originally Posted by Scratchin a Letter

Yeah, don`t think I will ever forget the moment when Ed said that..
    Can`t wait for the Wembley show..Almost everyone is a 10C member, the singing is going to be fuckin` fantastic!
    we were but stones,your light made us stars

Dublin 06
    London 07