Options

Please donate to cancer research as I race from Base 2 Space

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    RKCNDY said:

I found something interesting...maybe for the raffle...it's an authentic street sign, says 'cornell ave s' ...yay/nay? I realize it would be cooler if Chris signed it, but he refuses to return my calls.

chris may not call you directly, but you could probably get his people to call your people.

a bit of good news today.....the MIL had a mastectomy today :sick: but her cancer did not spread to her lymph nodes.....we are hoping this means no radiation or chemo.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    imalive said:

RKCNDY said:

I found something interesting...maybe for the raffle...it's an authentic street sign, says 'cornell ave s' ...yay/nay? I realize it would be cooler if Chris signed it, but he refuses to return my calls.

chris may not call you directly, but you could probably get his people to call your people.

a bit of good news today.....the MIL had a mastectomy today :sick: but her cancer did not spread to her lymph nodes.....we are hoping this means no radiation or chemo.
    Cooler than the Cornell sign...if say Ed or Jeff, or Mike would contact me and offer up an autographed something. They are all into the charity thing...

Oh, I did find a tag source...I can get guitar pick shaped tags! I will go to the shop tomorrow to see them in person.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    imalive said:

Good thoughts to you and your family. :hug:
    RKCNDY said:

Oh, I did find a tag source...I can get guitar pick shaped tags! I will go to the shop tomorrow to see them in person.

Those would be perfect! :plus_one:

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Climbing the stairway...

Piper's calling you to join her
  • Options

So here are some tags at the engraving store, these are stainless steel and I can engrave both sides. The black one is approximately twice as thick as the silver one. Thinking I will get the Space Needle on one side.

Please vote on which one you like!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Hobbes said:

Climbing the stairway...

Earworm, Hobbes. Earworm.

The black one stands out more, but if you are going to be wearing a ton of these, do you want to choose one twice as thick as the other one. (Degenerate boys in my head with that last statement.)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    deadendp said:

Hobbes said:

Climbing the stairway...

Earworm, Hobbes. Earworm.

The black one stands out more, but if you are going to be wearing a ton of these, do you want to choose one twice as thick as the other one. (Degenerate boys in my head with that last statement.)
    At the rate this is going now, I expect to wear less than 10... :confounded:

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I think it will pick up as we get closer. Its summer mode and people figure they have plenty of time to donate. Plus soon I imagine Rob will start the harrassment once his MIL situation calms down.

And I vote for whichever one costs the least.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    I think there was a dollar difference. The guitar pick tag was aluminum, not really quality.

It's a local place...

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options

I think it will pick up as we get closer. Its summer mode and people figure they have plenty of time to donate. Plus soon I imagine Rob will start the harrassment once his MIL situation calms down.

Agreed.
  • Options
    deadendp said:

Agreed.
    I agree.
  • Options
    imalive said:

RKCNDY said:

Rob,
    So glad to hear that the cancer did not spread to the lymph nodes. Wishing your MIL the very best and a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Wait, what the fucks going on in here? I def have to catch up on this thread. RK, I def have something I can donate for you and your cause. And Rob, what the fucks going on man? Hope all is well.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    RKCNDY said:

hedonist said:

JWPearl said:

i would donate but it seems dodgey to me sorry

Wait - was this serious, JWPearl?
    Yeah, I'd like to know what is so 'dodgy' about it.

Is it Fred Hutchinson? They are one of the world's leading cancer research institutes. They've been around for almost 40 years. https://www.fredhutch.org/en.html
    Three of their employees are Nobel prize winners.

Is it the raffle? Do you think I'm going to 'cherry pick' winners? I can have Rob run the raffle if you want to 'keep me honest'.

Is it because my last name differs when you donate? The reason for that is because more people know me by my "Mrs" name, rather than my maiden name...and if you must know, I have a psychotic stalker ex that I had to get a court order to stay away from me. He is considered by the courts as "highly likely to re-offend", the less my name is 'out there', the better.

Is it the donation site? I have nothing to do with that site except for them giving me a free fundraising page and collecting donation funds for Fred Hutch, I don't get any emails when I get donations, I have to check my page and only if someone puts their name down will I know they donated-even then, I don't know everybody here, so they usually PM me. I already paid a $100 registration fee to be a part of this climb, only $25 of that is tax deductible, and it is totally separate from the donations collected. Everybody participating in the climb is required to raise a minimum of $250-in addition to the $100 registration fee. Pretty sure anybody here who has already donated will tell you that you do in fact get a real tax receipt.

If you really have honest questions, spit it out. Otherwise please don't be rude, cancer research means a lot to me right now.
    Wow, that was super weird. No need to explain yourself RK. Although you handled it well. That original comment was so not needed. You don't want to help, that's fine. But don't go post a post that was so unnessassary.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Wow, that was super weird. No need to explain yourself RK. Although you handled it well. That original comment was so not needed. You don't want to help, that's fine. But don't go post a post that was so unnessassary.

Now you see where one of my 'points' comes from! I can stand up for myself, on my own. :D
    badbrains said:

Wait, what the fucks going on in here? I def have to catch up on this thread. RK, I def have something I can donate for you and your cause. And Rob, what the fucks going on man? Hope all is well.

Awesome BB! I'm so glad for all the support and donations...it's helping me stick to my workout plan. ;)

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Bump to support a great cause.
  • Options
    Bump back to the main page
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Since RK is busy in training for this, I thought I would bump it for her. C'mon, people...it's only a matter of time until Rob is unleashed...save yourselves from that--donate now.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

Since RK is busy in training for this, I thought I would bump it for her. C'mon, people...it's only a matter of time until Rob is unleashed...save yourselves from that--donate now.

I will be pulling out the big harassment guns at some point.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    yay!

look, I actually have a day off! I answered an email, and stuff...I'm caught up with my notes and stuff for the raffle.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    No more letting this get to page 2.

If you are not a big NFL fan or familiar with Devon Still please think of this and donate to the cause.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Wt4EXY32I
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    The "I still have to work out plans to make something for your run, RK" bump!
  • Options
    Payday bump.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    We need go get our 'mugs' online for this!! I am hoping to be able to make some entries to this cause!! Yay for a full time job!!
  • Options
    Bump
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    bump
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

i would donate but it seems dodgey to me sorry

I missed that...fwiw, I don't think english is her native language.

I'm sure most of you remember the girl in need of a kidney transplant fundraiser (she's doing great :smile: )....I had a member of this board send me a PM telling me I was running a scam....said my "story" didn't add up, gave me all her reasons why, etc....it was unreal....I told her to start by finding mtn view on a map....she had found a SUBDIVISION in the state with the same name but a couple of hundred of miles away. the chick was a real piece of work.

update on my mother in law.....she will not need further chemo or radiation :smiley:

please donate, people...this is a cause close to my heart (and butt)....don't make me go into harrass mode!!!!!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    ^^ Great news about your mother in law, Rob!

Folks, he's serious about making a donation now; otherwise, he'll be forced to bring out the big gun: Halifaxxx.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

^^ Great news about your mother in law, Rob!

Folks, he's serious about making a donation now; otherwise, he'll be forced to bring out the big gun: Halifaxxx.

I just spoke with that degenerate today.

I miss his musical stylings! :bawling:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14