Anyone seen an acoustic pre-set?

pjrvmpjrvm Posts: 99
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I'm talking about the one played at the Gorge or something similar. I'm not sure if it's been done else where.
Just wondering what it's like. If it makes for a more enjoyable show and a hard-rocking one? Or half way through are you left wishing for a softer sing along song where you can take a break from going crazy?
Oh and do they take a break afterwards or kick right into the set?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• not in support of that new album i wouldn't think ;)

raghr.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • I'm pretty sure that it was the third night in Boston '03 (correct me if it was somewhere else) that they did an acoustic set, then Sleater-Kinney for the opening band, then did an electric full set...

I've got the bootleg somewhere and it was delightful.
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • denverfandenverfan Posts: 218
    pjrvm wrote:
    I'm talking about the one played at the Gorge or something similar. I'm not sure if it's been done else where.
    Just wondering what it's like. If it makes for a more enjoyable show and a hard-rocking one? Or half way through are you left wishing for a softer sing along song where you can take a break from going crazy?
    Oh and do they take a break afterwards or kick right into the set?

I was at the last Gorge show..the accoustic set makes for one of the best shows I've ever seen at least. Flew in from Denver just knowing it was going to be one of the best shows period! If your gearing up to see one, your in for a real treat!
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

Whisky Drinker, Non-Hunter from Denver.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Not in a "real" concert. I've seen an acoustic at Benayoa and Bridge School. Don't know what it would be like at a concert? Also, I've seen Ed do an acoustic set, but again it was in a small arena. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."