Options

Don't buy anything from this guy on facebook (or on here if he's on here)

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144

I hope that 10c has a database or something with names. If this dude is on here he should be banned. Might do the same here in the future. We had enough of these people with their fake merch. We're all PJ fans here and if we pay for something we should get it. Fans to fans. If you do this kind of stuff then how can you sleep at night and how can you call yourself a ''fan.'' Hope everyone gets their money returned or that he has another solution to this problem. Shame that this happend again. But $550 for those items should trigger you. But maybe you think you are lucky for once, but this kind of luck is hard to find.

That's impossible to keep up with - as I guarantee you in the time since Lost Dogs opened whenever that was, there have been assholes come up every so often trying to or in some cases scamming other members.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710

I hope that 10c has a database or something with names. If this dude is on here he should be banned. Might do the same here in the future. We had enough of these people with their fake merch. We're all PJ fans here and if we pay for something we should get it. Fans to fans. If you do this kind of stuff then how can you sleep at night and how can you call yourself a ''fan.'' Hope everyone gets their money returned or that he has another solution to this problem. Shame that this happend again. But $550 for those items should trigger you. But maybe you think you are lucky for once, but this kind of luck is hard to find.

That's impossible to keep up with - as I guarantee you in the time since Lost Dogs opened whenever that was, there have been assholes come up every so often trying to or in some cases scamming other members.
    It's really hard how to trust anyone in this place. There are so many great souls here, but those assholes ruin it for the rest of the fans. A shame. I think you can trust most of the people who are here often. And who have a long membershipment. But, I only joined in 2014, and I would NEVER EVER scam a fan of the band I love. I don't even know how someone has the courage to do such thing. I HOPE there exist such thing as bad karma for them.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    It is pretty ballsy to do this on facebook. I know if I were scammed out of $500+ I would be furious. What if this guy scams the wrong person? I have seen people get lumped up pretty bad for less money than that.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,945

The guy said on fb that he was trying to make it right and that it was a lack of communication. How's that going?

And IBTL

why IBTL??

she says she's taking legal action so hopefully it turns out well for her
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Last Exit gets IBTL jitters. Don't mind him! : )
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    what the fuck is it with people?? what a dick. if someone just shit me like that, it wouldn't be legal action taken... it would be medical personnel notified. clearly, violence is never the answer, but you can bet i'd beat the brakes off that fucker until i got an answer.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    lanilani Posts: 12
    I'm another person who bought from him. I paid 1050 au for 3 vinyl. Riot act, avocado and lost dogs. It turned out to be roughly 700 usd for the three plus shipping of 120. I felt this was reasonable given avocado was going for around 200. I offered an amount and had room to move he originally wanted 300 usd each. He said I could pay friends and family to which i said no goods and services and I'll add some more on.
    I did that 7 may. I have nothing. He also sold ld to another guy in au and ra for sale used on ebay. Claims he owns a couple copies, i call bs on that!
    He has advertised on multiple sites these albums and is still messaging people saying he has the albums I've bought available so now we have 3 ld???
    I've lodged a dispute, he's escalated it to a claim today. However i have no tracking number. The first one i got was the same as another person and he's yet to give me another one. why you would escalte it without proof you've sent it etc is beyond me.
    Anyway he had til 6 june to lodge his info and i will see what happens. Here's hoping they either turn up in said condition so i can spin them but if not I'm hoping for my cash back and I'll keep hoping to find these albums!
    Lana
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    lani said:

I'm another person who bought from him. I paid 1050 au for 3 vinyl. Riot act, avocado and lost dogs. It turned out to be roughly 700 usd for the three plus shipping of 120. I felt this was reasonable given avocado was going for around 200. I offered an amount and had room to move he originally wanted 300 usd each. He said I could pay friends and family to which i said no goods and services and I'll add some more on.
    I did that 7 may. I have nothing. He also sold ld to another guy in au and ra for sale used on ebay. Claims he owns a couple copies, i call bs on that!
    He has advertised on multiple sites these albums and is still messaging people saying he has the albums I've bought available so now we have 3 ld???
    I've lodged a dispute, he's escalated it to a claim today. However i have no tracking number. The first one i got was the same as another person and he's yet to give me another one. why you would escalte it without proof you've sent it etc is beyond me.
    Anyway he had til 6 june to lodge his info and i will see what happens. Here's hoping they either turn up in said condition so i can spin them but if not I'm hoping for my cash back and I'll keep hoping to find these albums!
    Lana

Good luck to u Lana

What suprise me is what someone would thought will happen when rip off people??
    thst he will get away wirh it?that people will say fuck it,,i lost 700$.??
    people will go after him and his reputation is fucked + he may have legal action against him..
    crazy
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Kev - Coat and KeysKev - Coat and Keys Earth Posts: 357
    Are there any tax people around here to check this guy is paying his fair share for all this income?
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

lani said:

Lana

Good luck to u Lana

What suprise me is what someone would thought will happen when rip off people??
    thst he will get away wirh it?that people will say fuck it,,i lost 700$.??
    people will go after him and his reputation is fucked + he may have legal action against him..
    crazy
    Not only that, but does he think that people will not talk, either here or FB, or even on the eBay feedback section?
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    As long as people are vinyl crazy and not doing their homework, guys like this will keep on.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Someone needs to be hurt
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,860
    edited May 2015
    lani said:

Lana

and this is why you always pay goods and services

btw, I've made a lot of trades / sales / buys on this site through lost dogs and never had a problem, everyone I've dealt with has been awesome
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,601
    joseph33 said:

I would only deal with ten clubbers. No way will i buy anything anywhere else. Hard lesson to learn.

Discogs and ebay are good places to buy too - there is buyer protection. Facebook? No fuckin' way! Not unless I know the person.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

FoxyRedLa said:

As well as how the H is he getting his hands on so much merch to sell on multiple sites? Good grief.

The point is he doesn't have all the merch he is selling.

Gotcha.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    this is amazing.

How much cash is this guy clearing off people? Where is he getting these severely damaged albums? By the dollar figures I am seeing, if people get together and can prove some sort of fraud, the dollar amount.

Fraud, more specifically 'theft by deception' is a Class A misdemeanor >$500. If it reaches $10K it is a Class D Felony. If we are crossing state and international lines, things probably get worse.

Like I said, it is extremely ballsy to do on facebook with access to personal information there. its strange even.

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    i'm glad 10c only allows paying members to post. It's a little sense of safety for me, at least you can call out the person, and 10c can possibly assist you (I don't know for sure, but, you could show them PMs and whatnot)-or at least you have other board members to back you up.

If they let anybody post, it would be like FB, you don't know who you're dealing with. I'm still cautious with who I deal with on here.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,558
    edited May 2015
    MayDay10 said:

this is amazing.

How much cash is this guy clearing off people? Where is he getting these severely damaged albums? By the dollar figures I am seeing, if people get together and can prove some sort of fraud, the dollar amount.

Fraud, more specifically 'theft by deception' is a Class A misdemeanor >$500. If it reaches $10K it is a Class D Felony. If we are crossing state and international lines, things probably get worse.

Like I said, it is extremely ballsy to do on facebook with access to personal information there. its strange even.

Every state has different dollar levels of misdemeanor vs. felony. However I believe this also involves mail fraud and maybe even wire fraud and money laundering. And therefore he is risking federal charges and time.
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,239
    I feel your pain. Around '98 someone from alt.music.pearl-jam (in the old days where people still used usenet as a message forum) offered to sell me the first 6 PJ Xmas singles for about $200 cdn. It was a decent price at the time. I did re-iterate that they were on vinyl and he said yes. He sent me a burned cd with all the songs on it. What a dick. He was a fellow Canadian (from Saskatoon) so that burned a bit more. I remember holding onto his mailing info for years because it pissed me off so much. Not only did I get ripped off, but what's the point of mailing me the burned cd. That's rubbing salt in the wound. I never did anything about it. I found the paper during a move about 5 years ago and turfed it. I guess I got over it. To this day I think it's my only major internet ripoff. I've trusted many other people and not had problems. I guess we all get one.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    I see lot of victim blaming going on. just because the person didn't do all their supposed research doesn't mean it is in any way their fault.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    drugs are bad...
  • Options
    edited May 2015

I see lot of victim blaming going on. just because the person didn't do all their supposed research doesn't mean it is in any way their fault.

I disagree.... It is in a few ways their fault (an "oops!" moment - lesson learned!). That doesn't excuse the criminal obviously.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

drugs are bad...

Cocaine is a hell of a drug man
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Dude has a 100% rating on eBay, so...he's made deals. I'm sure some have dealt with him successfully. I'm not saying he's got a good side, I'm saying someone has a name and location for this guy.

I didn't read the whole thread, do we already have a name? Aside from Asshole
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I disagree.... It is in a few ways their fault (an "oops!" moment - lesson learned!). That doesn't excuse the criminal obviously.
    being scammed is never the fault of the victim in any fashion. I think you know the slippery slope that creates....

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

PJ_Soul said:

being scammed is never the fault of the victim in any fashion. I think you know the slippery slope that creates....

i think PJ_Soul is referring to a bit of 'buyer beware'...you don't just blindly go around trusting people on the internet and hand them money.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

i think PJ_Soul is referring to a bit of 'buyer beware'...you don't just blindly go around trusting people on the internet and hand them money.
    I know what she's referring to. buyer beware is not the same as saying "in a few ways it is their fault". ignorance does not equate to fault.

either way, back to the topic at hand.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149

drugs are bad...

Bullshit. I've done almost all of them. I will be doing more later.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

I know what she's referring to. buyer beware is not the same as saying "in a few ways it is their fault". ignorance does not equate to fault.

either way, back to the topic at hand.

Different definitions of "fault" I guess. I.e. I got scammed on ebay by someone who sent me a bootleg instead of the real thing. Is that person a jerk? Yes. Was I a victim? Yes. Was it my fault? Absolutely. I should have asked for photos so I could confirm that the vinyl was blue rather than black. But I didn't. I trusted the seller more than I should have. My fault all the way. (I do consider ignorance to be a fault, btw).
  • Options

drugs are bad...

Bullshit. I've done almost all of them. I will be doing more later.
    heroin? crack?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com