Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Looks like a hangover cure...

I want to say it's for hydration, but that can't be right. H2o would do that. I'm not sure
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,629
    Why did I not need to see this?
    Oh yeah... coming up this August-- first time for me.
    Whoopie!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Is this for a colonoscopy? If so, then your use of a**holes is pretty funny.
    ELITIST FUK
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,899
    SD48277 said:

could be.

open the floodgates!!

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    Damn man. Get that pooper clean before hand.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Mix it with Gatorade powder.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    edited May 2015
    Yup. Doesn't taste too good, I hear. Good luck. Perhaps you can mix it into a margarita or something?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,629
    When I recently came to the unfortunate conclusion that I must soon have my first colonoscopy my wife gave me this Dave Barry story to read. Still not sure I'm looking forward to the procedure but the Barry piece is a funny:

http://www.miamiherald.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/dave-barry/article1928847.html
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    imalive said:

SD48277 said:

could be.

open the floodgates!!

Everything OK? :confused:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

imalive said:

SD48277 said:

could be.

open the floodgates!!

Everything OK? :confused:
    Oh. Good question. I just assumed it was routine follow up; hoping so, anyway.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • nostackedvinylnostackedvinyl Posts: 857
    edited May 2015
    That is one big bottle of laxative right there folks. Mix the powder inside with lemon- lime Gatorade instead of straight water. Makes a big difference. Not going to make it taste great mind you but it does help a lot.

The taste isn't bad it just has kind of a soapy/filmy feel to it. You have to drink it in eight oz. doses at a time (forgot what the intervals are). So pour the glass, get it down in about three gulps and be done with it. The whole thing is really not as bad as people let on. At least my experience wasn't. Have to go back next year for my three year check. . .

Oh, use cold Gatorade and keep the solution in the fridge after you mix it. I cannot imagine drinking that stuff warm.
    Post edited by nostackedvinyl on
    it's a fragile thing, this life we lead.

05/24/06, 06/28/08, 06/30/08, 05/17/10, 09/07/11, 09/11/11, 09/12/11, 09/14/11, 09/15/11, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 05/05/16, 05/08/16, 08/07/16, 09/02/18

ev: 06/15/11
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    Is it called Laxabon ?
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    My husband's thought of his colonoscopy was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO9gVkdy3aE
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    brianlux said:

When I recently came to the unfortunate conclusion that I must soon have my first colonoscopy my wife gave me this Dave Barry story to read. Still not sure I'm looking forward to the procedure but the Barry piece is a funny:

http://www.miamiherald.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/dave-barry/article1928847.html

that is some funny........shit. my favorite was this, oh so true, passage:

"Then, on the day before my colonoscopy, I began my preparation. In accordance with my instructions, I didn't eat any solid food that day; all I had was chicken broth, which is basically water, only with less flavor. Then, in the evening, I took the MoviPrep. You mix two packets of powder together in a one-liter plastic jug, then you fill it with lukewarm water. (For those unfamiliar with the metric system, a liter is about 32 gallons.) Then you have to drink the whole jug. This takes about an hour, because MoviPrep tastes -- and here I am being kind -- like a mixture of goat spit and urinal cleanser, with just a hint of lemon.

The instructions for MoviPrep, clearly written by somebody with a great sense of humor, state that after you drink it, ''a loose watery bowel movement may result.'' This is kind of like saying that after you jump off your roof, you may experience contact with the ground.

MoviPrep is a nuclear laxative. I don't want to be too graphic, here, but: Have you ever seen a space shuttle launch? This is pretty much the MoviPrep experience, with you as the shuttle. There are times when you wish the commode had a seat belt. You spend several hours pretty much confined to the bathroom, spurting violently. You eliminate everything. And then, when you figure you must be totally empty, you have to drink another liter of MoviPrep, at which point, as far as I can tell, your bowels travel into the future and start eliminating food that you have not even eaten yet."

I appreciate all the tips and the deadender's special PM. thing is, this is not my first rodeo....it's actually #5....my first was the "virtual" colonoscopy....don't let them fool you, it's WORSE than the real deal...you still do the prep and then they use a like cigar like object rather than the garden hose...but with the garden hose, you are knocked out...with the virtual, you are awake for the violation :tired_face:

then, I think #2 confirmed my cancer, #3 was shortly after surgery, #4 was a year after that, and now it's time for #5 :joy:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Taco Bell in liquid form?
    Aren't you the lucky one. :tired_face: An annual event. Glad it's just routine. I thought I was privileged at every 5 years.

That Dave Barry piece is great. When I had my first one, I woke up and was told that they weren't able to do it because I wasn't, ahem, cleared out enough. I had to repeat the process a week later. Try explaining to your supervisor why you need to take time off again. :blush:
    ^^^^ it's not annual....it was three years since the last and I think I go to five years after this.

At least, I hope I do!

Man, I didn't think there was anyway you wouldn't be, ahem, cleared out enough. As Dave Barry says, it's almost like its flushing out things you haven't even eaten yet!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I agree! I couldn't believe I had to go through it all over again.
    How many toilets have you gone through doing this? I imagine cracked toilet bowls abound.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Sounds like you're in for a real shit show, no pun intended. I'm gonna be turning 40 this summer. Mite as well start to get mentally ready for this.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    It may be a while before we see Rob here...he'll be "indisposed".
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 said:

or.....you can picture me on the can and posting away!

this takes place at 11:00 am Wednesday....and my last meal is TONIGHT. Grrrrrrrr!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

SD48277 said:

this takes place at 11:00 am Wednesday....and my last meal is TONIGHT. Grrrrrrrr!
    What are we having for final supper?

Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    cdysinge said:

imalive said:

SD48277 said:

Making it sound like he's on death row. What the fuck man? I'd have some peanut butter and jelly. Just saying. Or a steak.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Hot wings
    Baked beans
    Tacos

Can you clean yourself out before you're cleaned out?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    cdysinge said:

imalive said:

SD48277 said:

Going out for a little rooftop bar food :smiley:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996

That is one big bottle of laxative right there folks. Mix the powder inside with lemon- lime Gatorade instead of straight water. Makes a big difference. Not going to make it taste great mind you but it does help a lot.

The taste isn't bad it just has kind of a soapy/filmy feel to it. You have to drink it in eight oz. doses at a time (forgot what the intervals are). So pour the glass, get it down in about three gulps and be done with it. The whole thing is really not as bad as people let on. At least my experience wasn't. Have to go back next year for my three year check. . .

Oh, use cold Gatorade and keep the solution in the fridge after you mix it. I cannot imagine drinking that stuff warm.

That is what my doctor told me. Gatorade, keep it cold and I was surprised - it wasn't that bad. (You don't feel like drinking Gatorade for a while afterwards though.) And the "immediate" results weren't nearly as bad as I thought they'd be. Someone had advised getting baby wipes and I did... but didn't need them. (Is that TMI?)
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    40 what? Is that when they recommend these?
    www.cluthelee.com
    I think you are ok at 40. 40 is when they recommend the finger in the pooper.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle