MSG II..... 5 years later

2»

Comments

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Whywhyzed said:

Whywhyzed said:

Suziemay said:
    Perfect - i dont know why i didnt see 2000 in the shop.
    LOL - it's because I failed math class, apparently
    More like you failed your eye exam :lol: Enjoy!
  • Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    5 years goes by so fast...hands down 1 of my favorite concerts I've ever attended.

It seems like yesterday I was waiting and fighting tooth and nail with scalpers for over 8 hours to get a pair. I think i got 1 our of like 15-20 pairs they release via the cancellation line that wrapped around the block. My wife was ready to kill me but she quickly forgave me after the show.

Cheers to such a great night and we can only hope for more like this 1.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    PJ @ The Garden blows!

still haven't paid my open container citation from that night
  • Options
    PaigePaige Posts: 365
    I had to catch my Breath, I had always wanted to hear it. And I was overwhelmed before they got to it.
  • Options
    MattCam420MattCam420 Posts: 183
    I haven't been to a ton of PJ shows, but I was there for this one! Traveled a long way for it. It's still probably my favorite show that I attended. Hearing slow Lukin live was awesome. Doesn't seem like its already been five years. Time flies for sure. I listen to the boot all the time.
    "Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age, and beyond color straight to the mind and heart of all people." - Ben Harper
  • Options
    Slow Lukin gives me chills every time I hear it. It was so good that I wish and don't wish at the same that they play it again. I don't know what it is about this version but it is one of the best songs live by PJ that I have ever heard l(and I have been to 26 shows). Great night...
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    badbrains said:

Seems a lot of cool people from the boards were there and somehow I didn't get to meet all of you.

i didn't meet anyone. Me and my friend drove from West Chester, PA to New York, Hit traffic around the Lincoln Tunnel. Then by the time we found parking and got to our seats. No more than two minutes after we sat down PJ hit the stage. I wanted to see Band of Horses so that part sucked, i didn't even see the poster til i got home which was real late.

Hunger Strike was the highlight for me. Slow Lukin, Betterman, and Breath were also highlights.

"Live from New York, it's Friday night!!!"

also at the end of Nothingman, Ed told the story of them playing it in Germany and he held his hand in front of his eyes and everyone had their hands up and he was like oh shit, :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    LostRebelLostRebel Athens, Greece Posts: 252

Still one of my fav concerts of all time

+1

• Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    that pause during betterman when the place just erupted.... still cannot believe yet so thankful i was there.