Scrapbooking help

imagephoto eli5_zpsqmnv3j3p.gif" />

I have an upcoming scrapbook date and no supplies. Do I just order a blank book? I'm getting confused about "kits" vs "collection packs". Should I just order pages that are not in a book and put it together as a book later?

Thanks in advanced!
Oh please let it rain today.
Those that can be trusted can change their mind.

Comments

• OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    The kits and collections are pretty much the same, but, the choices are more limited. If you have time I would go to either Michaels Craft Store or Joann's fabrics for a nice selection of supplies, some Walmart's carry stuff for scrapbooking as well. You can also order paper cutters too on amazon or ebay. I have scalloped hearts and a lace design, they're really pretty.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    You'll want to at the very least buy the sheet protectors for the pages you make. Plan on one page taking about 20 minutes to design/assemble.
    Grab 20 or so pictures you want to make pages for (you'll use 2-3 pics per 12"x12" page), then go to the store to coordinate with the pictures (like you obviously don't want baby pages for a pearl jam concert) I usually buy 2 of the same pattern for pages in case I mess up or want to do a double page layout. Grab some coordinating stickers. It can be fun, and also expensive.

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810

The kits and collections are pretty much the same, but, the choices are more limited. If you have time I would go to either Michaels Craft Store or Joann's fabrics for a nice selection of supplies, some Walmart's carry stuff for scrapbooking as well. You can also order paper cutters too on amazon or ebay. I have scalloped hearts and a lace design, they're really pretty.

Thank you. I was just looking online. Between work and the kiddos sports schedule I can't make it to the store. Sounds silly but I love on the country side no close stores. I don't need any of the fancy accessories - the ladies I'm meeting up with have all those goodies. Thanks again.
    RKCNDY said:

You'll want to at the very least buy the sheet protectors for the pages you make. Plan on one page taking about 20 minutes to design/assemble.
    Grab 20 or so pictures you want to make pages for (you'll use 2-3 pics per 12"x12" page), then go to the store to coordinate with the pictures (like you obviously don't want baby pages for a pearl jam concert) I usually buy 2 of the same pattern for pages in case I mess up or want to do a double page layout. Grab some coordinating stickers. It can be fun, and also expensive.

Sheet protectors, check. Pictures, check. Buy in doubles, check. Thanks! I guess I wasn't sure what all a kit included. Do I need to buy a blank book and then these kids too? Kits to fill the pages? Thanks again!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    FoxyRedLa said:

Sheet protectors, check. Pictures, check. Buy in doubles, check. Thanks! I guess I wasn't sure what all a kit included. Do I need to buy a blank book and then these kids too? Kits to fill the pages? Thanks again!

Most kits will have the sheet protectors, pages and stickers, and book, you just provide the pictures. Some kits will also just be a 'theme', say 'the beach' and have the themed pages, stickers of things like shells, surfboards, birds, sunglasses, etc. and sheet protectors/sleeves. Just be sure to read the description. kits are good for someone who has no idea what to buy, or has never done it before. They can also be a bit 'cookie cutter', and look generic. Though, a good test to see if you like it enough to really invest more money into it. Believe me, you can spend hundreds on paper, stickers, and brads.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    Got it! THANKS!