Fitbit Friends Challenge

I just got a fitbit pedometer and it is quite the motivating gadget to get my butt off the sofa and walk. PM me if you want to join my "friends" list. A little competitive action helps both me and anyone else that joins.

Peace!

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    I don't have one, but my wife just got one. She has moved more for sure. I may pick one up in time. Good luck
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I gave the fitbit a couple tests last night and and is +/- 1% based on a 100 foot test (10 of them)

All I know is that I just walked five miles this morning when I usually would have been watching Sons of Anarchy reruns.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    How is it about tracking sleep? Does it just track how long you sleep, or does it also track REM?
    ELITIST FUK
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    SD48277 said:

How is it about tracking sleep? Does it just track how long you sleep, or does it also track REM?

I'm not sure exactly how it works, but my wife showed me her sleep graph. It showed she only had only 3 hours of quality sleep over 8 hours. It must know when you toss and turn. Of course it doesn't help that the house is 85 degrees.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    It watches you sleep
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    Have they gone down from the stupidly insane prices yet?? I can't condone spending 75 dollars for something to tell me I walked so many steps.. If it were 25.. Maybe.. But too pricey otherwise..
    If I could afford it, I'd try it.. But that's a ridiculous price! Lol
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

Have they gone down from the stupidly insane prices yet?? I can't condone spending 75 dollars for something to tell me I walked so many steps.. If it were 25.. Maybe.. But too pricey otherwise..

I agree with you WH...back in the day, when the world was living off dial-up...there was a pedometer that came with a modem. You plugged that into your phone jack. Then used the pedometer during the day, at the end of the day, you set the pedometer in the modem cradle, and it would call the company to download your activity. The information uploaded to the server, and it would be all graphed out for you, you could see your progress, as well as friend's progress. They had a message board, and you could earn stuff like shirts, water bottles and keychains. I lived it, and it kept me on track and wanting to walk more. Company promised free upgrades of the pedometer, I asked for the new one...they never sent it, I kept requesting one, they stopped replying to my emails, I filed a complaint with BBB...they filed for bankruptcy, but then came back about a year later. I was pissed, they wouldn't support my old pedometer (which I paid $90 for, and only got to use for 4 months), and wanted me to pony up $125 for the new version. I like my heart rate monitor ($60), it's very accurate in calculating my calories burned, and that's all I really need to know.

Fitbit is cool for people who like to use something like that, but I think the price is pretty steep.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    RKCNDY said:

I agree with you WH...back in the day, when the world was living off dial-up...there was a pedometer that came with a modem. You plugged that into your phone jack. Then used the pedometer during the day, at the end of the day, you set the pedometer in the modem cradle, and it would call the company to download your activity. The information uploaded to the server, and it would be all graphed out for you, you could see your progress, as well as friend's progress. They had a message board, and you could earn stuff like shirts, water bottles and keychains. I lived it, and it kept me on track and wanting to walk more. Company promised free upgrades of the pedometer, I asked for the new one...they never sent it, I kept requesting one, they stopped replying to my emails, I filed a complaint with BBB...they filed for bankruptcy, but then came back about a year later. I was pissed, they wouldn't support my old pedometer (which I paid $90 for, and only got to use for 4 months), and wanted me to pony up $125 for the new version. I like my heart rate monitor ($60), it's very accurate in calculating my calories burned, and that's all I really need to know.

Fitbit is cool for people who like to use something like that, but I think the price is pretty steep.
    Yeah. I just can't afford that! Lol
  • I don't need to pay somebody to tell me if I got off my ass or not.