Options

What song do you NOT want to hear on this tour?

Comments

• Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    thunderDAN wrote:
    if they bring out Caleb from KOL and do Hunger Strike my life will be complete...I think that would be awesome shit

i saw Chris Cornell do that song in Atlanta....but it jsut wasn't the same without Ed.

but 'Call Me A Dog' was sick.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    SENROCK! wrote:
    IM not a "casual fan" and i STILL love EVENFLOW anytime anyplace no matter what!

I think anyone who has ever read this board knows that :) And it's one song where I pretty much usually don't care to hear on a boot or whatever, but I LOVE it when I'm at a show. Even Flow, Alive, and Corduroy ARE Pearl Jam....they can never get rid of them.
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Gone
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    mAcimAci Posts: 49
    I am praying they do not play the following at all on this tour....Daughter, Betterman, Evolution, Even Flow, Black, Corduroy, and I am praying extra hard that Ben Harper doesn't show up and play with eddie at my shows...

you are crazy:)
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    xkevvx wrote:
    I think anyone who has ever read this board knows that :) And it's one song where I pretty much usually don't care to hear on a boot or whatever, but I LOVE it when I'm at a show. Even Flow, Alive, and Corduroy ARE Pearl Jam....they can never get rid of them.

HAHAHAHA :D fair enough!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    While I believe that the band plays "Even Flow" nowadays only to appease the "casual fan" who may be coming along with their fanatic friends as well as those who still dig drum solos at rock concerts, I still think they could go without playing it for about 3 years and no one would get pissed. That and Last Kiss can go for me but please, please, PLEASE play TREMOR CHRIST
    331xxx

Reading 10.01.04
    Philadelphia 10.03.05
    Camden 05.28.06
    Camden 05.29.06
    Camden 06.19.08
    Philadelphia 10.28.09
    New York 05.21.10
    Chicago 07.19.13
    Philadelphia 04.29.16
    Baltimore 03.28.20
  • Options
    nooramnooram Posts: 389
    Don't want to hear
    Dissident
    Glorified G
    Army Reserve
    Seattle 8/91, MPLS 3/92, St Paul 8/92, Denver 6/95, Missoula 6/98, MPLS 6/98, Albuquerque 10/00, Seattle 12/02, St Paul 6/03, Thunder Bay 9/05, DC 5/06, St Paul x2 6/06, Vancouver (EV) 4/08, DC 6/08, Chicago x2 8/09, KC 5/10, MPLS (EV) 7/11, Chicago 7/13, St Paul 10/14, Santiago 11/15, Missoula 8/18, Denver 9/22, Saint Paul 8/23, Saint Paul 9/23
  • Options
    Insignificance.

Nothing against the song, they just seem to play it at every show I've seen since Binaural.

Agree with a lot of others, at this point in my fandom, if they play Betterman or Daughter, I want a killer tag!
    "If you love someone... set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck it up." - Ed
  • Options
    ashtrayrockashtrayrock Posts: 167
    Right now

At this very moment in time

I can honestly say that there is NO song that I don't want to hear

There isn't any note, any guitar solo, any opener, any closer that I don't want to hear again...and I'm praying to the ticket GODS for tomorrow.

I need to hear Corduroy again, in a bad way. 2007 was a very tough year.
    For Those About To Rock !

Art changes people. People change the world.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    LAST KISS, blahhhhhh.
    Love it when I'm there, I mean c'omon it's live Pearl Jam.
    But every boot I skip it.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    PapaJamPapaJam Posts: 23
    yellow ledbetter, RITFW, Baba ..... bury them deep in the sand
    If I had known then what I know now.....

"How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it."
    Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I've recently re-discovered Dissident and would love to hear it.

Mine would be: EVEN FLOW.

Honourable mention going to: LBC, WWS, Gone, Go, and Betterman.
    i agree with even flow. . .but im down for whatever they wanna play
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    While I believe that the band plays "Even Flow" nowadays only to appease the "casual fan" who may be coming along with their fanatic friends as well as those who still dig drum solos at rock concerts, I still think they could go without playing it for about 3 years and no one would get pissed. That and Last Kiss can go for me but please, please, PLEASE play TREMOR CHRIST

youre wrong on several accounts. 1) IM not a "casual fan" and i LOVE to hear EVENFLOW at any time. 2)my fanatic frenz ARE REAL PEARL JAM FANS who actual LIVE and breathe pearl jam. 3) EVENFLOW is NOT about the drum solo!!! :mad: 4) IF THEY GO WITHOUT PLAYING IT FOR 3 YEARS OR 3 SHOWS SENROCK! WOULD BE PISSED so THERES someone dammit!!!!!! :D thank you.

p.s i vote to hear tremor christ too!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    i agree with even flow. . .but im down for whatever they wanna play

whatever. youre just ALWAYS angry......:D

• Options
    Crazy Mary or Last Kiss. Never again, please.

Ed teased in Philly 05...."We're never gonna play that song again" when the amps went out during Crazy Mary.
    I get a little bit mad at him every time they play it since then!!
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    Not that I don't wanna hear Baba or Yellow Led again, but I want to see different endings to shows... so mix it up...

What I don't want to hear ever again are Last Kiss and Got me a big wave, got me a big wave, got me a big........ BATHROOM BREAK!!!!!!
    10/22/00 LV, 10/24/00 LA, 10/20/01 SF, 10/21/01 AF, 12/8/02 SEA, 12/9/02 SEA, 6/3/03 Irvine, 7/9/03 MSG, 9/1/05 Gorge, 6/3/06 NJ, 7/9/06 LA, 7/10/06 LA, 7/12/06 The Fonda, 7/13/06 SB, 7/22/06 Gorge, 7/23/06 Gorge, 10/21/06 SF, 10/22/06 SF, 12/2/06 HAW, 12/9/06 HAW, 4/10/08 SB, 4/12/08 LA, 4/15/08 SD
  • Options
    oh, and i just read someone complaining about ben harper showing up and playing at shows.... puh-leaseeeee, ben harper would be a GODSEND, compared to the traumatic nights i had in LA when i had to put up with Tim Robbins for 3 shows!!! This man has a voice like nails down a chalkboard.... PLEASEEE do not show up anywhere this tour!!! Do us all a favor
    10/22/00 LV, 10/24/00 LA, 10/20/01 SF, 10/21/01 AF, 12/8/02 SEA, 12/9/02 SEA, 6/3/03 Irvine, 7/9/03 MSG, 9/1/05 Gorge, 6/3/06 NJ, 7/9/06 LA, 7/10/06 LA, 7/12/06 The Fonda, 7/13/06 SB, 7/22/06 Gorge, 7/23/06 Gorge, 10/21/06 SF, 10/22/06 SF, 12/2/06 HAW, 12/9/06 HAW, 4/10/08 SB, 4/12/08 LA, 4/15/08 SD
  • Options
    i would definitely not want to hear Last Kiss.
    ughh it annoys me.
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I'd have to day evenflow but Im sure I will so damn excited to be at a PJ concert I won't care if they sing it.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    Panic821Panic821 Posts: 106
    evenflow
    last kiss
    RITFW
    Daughter
    Alive
    anything from Avocado (cept Come Back).
    my signature.
  • Options
    GavrocksGavrocks Posts: 33
    Last Kiss and Parachutes.

Why people DON'T want to see Alive is beyond me...
    Ten Club Member: 342***

10/11/06 - Brisbane, QLD, Australia
    14/6/08 - Manchester, TN, USA
    16/6/08 - Columbia, SC, USA
    20/11/09 - Melbourne, VIC, Australia

"Such a perfect Island, tucked away in the sea.
    The real land of the free, do you hear me?"
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    Gavrocks wrote:
    Last Kiss and Parachutes.

Why people DON'T want to see Alive is beyond me...

you not wanting to see Parachutes is beyond ME!
  • Options
    PJ_GAPJ_GA Posts: 121
    Last Kiss
    ITS MY BLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    WaterlilyWaterlily Posts: 71
    hard to say - theyre all good - just some are "less good" than others..!

I agree with whoever said Sweet Lew though..

(but isn't just amazing to just have this conversation - I was so afraid they wouldn't tour this year.. )
    ...there's a cloud but the Water remains calm
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Last Kiss.

And why don't people want to see Black? I'd love to hear it at EVERY show they did.

I could do without Even Flow, but I'd love it if they started playing it at normal speed again.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    I don't really care if I hear Alive...... it annoys me when Mike goes into the guitar solos only because I think we could be getting another 2 songs in that time..... they could do Light Years and Fatal in the Alive spot.

I would trade RVM for Red Mosquito, Glorified G, and Hard to Imagine.

I would also give up Yellow Led for Indifference.

I would like it if Ed STFU and just sang...... cant understand him anyway after the 2nd bottle of wine so just sing!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    Charger74Charger74 Posts: 59
    Insignificance

and I'd love to hear Last Kiss, since the girl that sits beside me at work isnt going to the show I'm going to, and it's her fav song.
    9-6-98 KNOXVILLE, TN
    6-16-08 COLUMBIA, SC
    8-28-09 SAN FRANCISCO, CA
  • Options
    battan1120battan1120 Posts: 310
    I had to laugh when I saw this thread.A few things come to mind.When you don't want to hear certain songs,this tells me that you've seen pearl jam to often and to many times.I did this with the dead. last.I would love to see Jerry play Crazy Fingers again.There is alot more repitition at PJ shows than the Deads.Going to shows waiting for breakouts,getting bummed because you heard your 3rd Alive in 4 nites.Enjoy it while you can!The boots will always be there but going to see them live will end 1 day!Enjoy the ride share the music and your memories of what the music has done to you.I'm a Deadhead 1st and foremost But Pearl Jams music has moved in a way that I have'nt felt since lets say a long time.
    The bus came by and I got on!!!!!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    when i'm at the show i really don't get upset what they play as to what i didn't get to hear ......i leave it all to ed to decide i trust hi's judgement on set list..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    mine is fuck me in my brain

or evolution
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out