Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

I like Tom Cotton

what is it abut him that you like , and has your opinion of him or his policies changed at all given the recent out of the norm actions on his part?
    His backstory is quite fascinating. Highly educated and could have worked as a lawyer pretty much anywhere. He decided to put his money where his mouth is and enlist. He serves in battle and confronts radicals on all sides including Iranian backed militia. He comes home well aware of the regional problems and the recognition that American withdrawal will only lead to further distruction and chaos. He sees the Iranian regime for what it is and is doing his duty as a senator and a citizen to alert the country to the reality on the ground. He is a young man but in a brief time he has shown a lot of courage and continues to show courage by not being silent. My opinion of him has only improved over the last few months and I have no problem with him using twitter. The Iranian regime uses twitter all the time. It is good for supporters of the green revolution and the internal moderate forces that use twitter to see that someone in American is confronting their theocracy. The people who slag him on this thread are men of no courage. It is the classic "hate him cause they ain't him". Not as educated...never shown bravery...no comprehension of what it means to really sacrifice for their country...they can't even comprehend it...it's foreign to them. They are simple peanut butter and jealous. They are rubbing KY jealous all over their &#%^
    Nice cut and paste. Do you have any self informed opinions?
    Coming from Canada! BS is so full of BS! Fucking totally hilarious! You, a casuck, defending tom douchebag cotton. And with that quote? Priceless example of the failure of private education and/or home schooling.

Iran uses Twitter all the time. Nuke them. Fucking joke.

Have we crossed the crucible?
    Classic Halifax
    That was quick, you done watching your video already?
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Lotta Zarif fans on here I guess. My bad.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:

Not so much, though I must say, Zarif acts alot more like a mature adult.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,941
    BS44325 said:

Not at all. I just think the Twitter war is petty and unbecoming.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Ha. Wow. The maturity of a theocratic mouthpiece.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

I don't see how that is relevant? Goring and Himmler were more mature than Cotton as well, maturity isn't about morality. It's about having some tact, not making schoolboy challenges and peacocking around for attention.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,668
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

I like Tom Cotton

what is it abut him that you like , and has your opinion of him or his policies changed at all given the recent out of the norm actions on his part?
    His backstory is quite fascinating. Highly educated and could have worked as a lawyer pretty much anywhere. He decided to put his money where his mouth is and enlist. He serves in battle and confronts radicals on all sides including Iranian backed militia. He comes home well aware of the regional problems and the recognition that American withdrawal will only lead to further distruction and chaos. He sees the Iranian regime for what it is and is doing his duty as a senator and a citizen to alert the country to the reality on the ground. He is a young man but in a brief time he has shown a lot of courage and continues to show courage by not being silent. My opinion of him has only improved over the last few months and I have no problem with him using twitter. The Iranian regime uses twitter all the time. It is good for supporters of the green revolution and the internal moderate forces that use twitter to see that someone in American is confronting their theocracy. The people who slag him on this thread are men of no courage. It is the classic "hate him cause they ain't him". Not as educated...never shown bravery...no comprehension of what it means to really sacrifice for their country...they can't even comprehend it...it's foreign to them. They are simple peanut butter and jealous. They are rubbing KY jealous all over their &#%^
    Coming from Canada! BS is so full of BS! Fucking totally hilarious! You, a casuck, defending tom douchebag cotton. And with that quote? Priceless example of the failure of private education and/or home schooling.

Classic Halifax
    How so? I mean, like you seem to have all the answers regarding Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Syria, the Gulf of Hormuz, and perhaps a desire to wage war. So what is it? I've spoken my position, I've backed it up with relevant facts and all you do is spew. I'm still waiting for the reference of the "ship" seized by Iran "a week or two prior" that you referenced. Jeeze, coming from Canada, I thought you'd know, like, toke, cough, cough, facts fuckin' mean something. Guess not. By the way, where's your navy? Out here, somewhere?

Seriously, Professor Chicken Little Hawk doom and gloom? Where is it? have we moved beyond your self declared, "point of no return?" Or, in the words of Musky, and I don't mean Dean, we need to watch our backs everywhere we go, don't get caught with our pants down?

Again, I ask, did you read the article you posted and referenced?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

I like Tom Cotton

Classic Halifax
    How so? I mean, like you seem to have all the answers regarding Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Syria, the Gulf of Hormuz, and perhaps a desire to wage war. So what is it? I've spoken my position, I've backed it up with relevant facts and all you do is spew. I'm still waiting for the reference of the "ship" seized by Iran "a week or two prior" that you referenced. Jeeze, coming from Canada, I thought you'd know, like, toke, cough, cough, facts fuckin' mean something. Guess not. By the way, where's your navy? Out here, somewhere?

Seriously, Professor Chicken Little Hawk doom and gloom? Where is it? have we moved beyond your self declared, "point of no return?" Or, in the words of Musky, and I don't mean Dean, we need to watch our backs everywhere we go, don't get caught with our pants down?

It is Classic Halifax because you are the builder of straw men.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

I don't see how that is relevant? Goring and Himmler were more mature than Cotton as well, maturity isn't about morality. It's about having some tact, not making schoolboy challenges and peacocking around for attention.
    Yes. We need more of the of the maturity of Goring and Himmler on the world stage.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

I like Tom Cotton

oh please....Cotton's intelligence is coming through very clearly. It's possible to go to Harvard and still be an idiot. Ben Carson is a neurologist and is in the same barrel as Cotton.

As mentioned before, the Iranians have plenty of ammo to throw back in Cotton's face for atrocities that have occurred in the USA and still occur.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

He's making an ass of himself, it isnot surprising to me that BS is a fan. Beat the drums enough and soon weakness marches behind you under the banner of courage.

Currently we are marching under the banner of weakness.
    That's Fox News talking. Makes absolutely no sense.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Yes. We need more of the of the maturity of Goring and Himmler on the world stage.
    No, your right, we need folks with the notable aplomb of Dubya and Cotton.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

I like Tom Cotton

Classic Halifax

Sorry, no. I've never been to Burning Man, though I'd like to go. It's on my bucket list along with Tehran.

Where I come from words mean something. Where I come from, "circling" and "harassing" are not the same as "seizing." Don't let the smoking gun be in the form of a mushroom cloud, okay? By the way, what color is the threat alert today?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

I like Tom Cotton

Classic Halifax

Sorry, no. I've never been to Burning Man, though I'd like to go. It's on my bucket list along with Tehran.

Where I come from words mean something. Where I come from, "circling" and "harassing" are not the same as "seizing." Don't let the smoking gun be in the form of a mushroom cloud, okay? By the way, what color is the threat alert today?
    I'll go to burning man anytime with you H2M. This other bozo can stay in Canada tho.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

I can't believe you are doubling down on this. Mind officially blown.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Are you having trouble understanding the difference between diplomatic maturity and moral character? I chose morally bankrupt examples to point out that even despots can behave as adults, if you think that is a vote of approval of their policies... I don't know what to say to that.
    Tom Cotton is behaving like a child with a stolen lunchbox, he's strutting around the school yard making threats and accusations to the embarrassment of himself, his peers, and his superiors.
  • Options
    this guys a full blown idiot
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,319
    Off course it's a Republican who does this so where are the tweets from a Democratic senator stating the same point of views ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Are you having trouble understanding the difference between diplomatic maturity and moral character? I chose morally bankrupt examples to point out that even despots can behave as adults, if you think that is a vote of approval of their policies... I don't know what to say to that.
    Tom Cotton is behaving like a child with a stolen lunchbox, he's strutting around the school yard making threats and accusations to the embarrassment of himself, his peers, and his superiors.
    Right...and in the 30's those who said beware of the Nazi's were called uncouth warmongers while Goring, Himmler and Hitler were called statesmen. That is my whole point. Everyone on here bashes Cotton while they celebrate that gentleman Zarif. It is those with the faux "diplomatic maturity" that you need to be concerned about in the long run.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Right...and in the 30's those who said beware of the Nazi's were called uncouth warmongers while Goring, Himmler and Hitler were called statesmen. That is my whole point. Everyone on here bashes Cotton while they celebrate that gentleman Zarif. It is those with the faux "diplomatic maturity" that you need to be concerned about in the long run.
    No one is celebrating Zarif that I know of. The issue is that Cotton has embarrassed the entire USA by opening up a means for Zarif to throw it all back in his face.

It's unfortunate that Cotton is such an idiot but that doesn't mean we are pro-Zarif....I wish he would have kept his idiot mouth shut.

No matter how much saber rattling he does (Cotton) he still looks like an immature bully.

• Options

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

No one is celebrating Zarif that I know of. The issue is that Cotton has embarrassed the entire USA by opening up a means for Zarif to throw it all back in his face.

It's unfortunate that Cotton is such an idiot but that doesn't mean we are pro-Zarif....I wish he would have kept his idiot mouth shut.

No matter how much saber rattling he does (Cotton) he still looks like an immature bully.

Please...there are more Zarifclub members on here then 10Club members.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

If it makes you feel better about Cotton's sophomoric behavior, go ahead and keep telling yourself that.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Oh Allah, this guys unreal
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    this guy doesn't have any pull. he is a newb. he has not earned an ounce of respect as a legislator.

if obama and the dems had any balls they would shame this guy publicly and mock him until he falls back in line.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

this guy doesn't have any pull. he is a newb. he has not earned an ounce of respect as a legislator.

Kind of like the Elizabeth Warren that you want to see become president.

• Options
    BS44325 said:

wait, was that warren who wrote the letter to iran? you know, the one threatening to undermine the president's plans for peace? is she the one who embarrassed the republican senators?

oh wait. that was freshman cotton.

warren is much more respected than tom cotton.

the banks fear warren. wall street fears warren. that is why corporate owned media would trash her.

nobody fears cotton. that is why everyone laughs at him. including leaders in iran.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options

BS44325 said:

wait, was that warren who wrote the letter to iran? you know, the one threatening to undermine the president's plans for peace? is she the one who embarrassed the republican senators?

oh wait. that was freshman cotton.

warren is much more respected than tom cotton.

the banks fear warren. wall street fears warren. that is why corporate owned media would trash her.

nobody fears cotton. that is why everyone laughs at him. including leaders in iran.

Nah...Warren's just a newb.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520

if obama and the dems had any balls they would shame this guy publicly and mock him until he falls back in line.

Nah. Not allowed to say bad things against veterans. The patriotic flag waving machine will shout them down.

Sans a Dem veteran....Kerry.

• Options
    Smellyman said:

Nah. Not allowed to say bad things against veterans. The patriotic flag waving machine will shout them down.

Sans a Dem veteran....Kerry.

No need. Cotton's procedural motion is what prevented the 70 or so additional amendments to be tacked onto the Bill, pissing off McConnell and the senior leadership, as it cut off debate and forced a vote, as early as tomorrow, I believe. If there is one thing that doesn't fly in the senate, it's bucking your party's leadership in the open, publicly. Cotton will get his comeuppance, you'll see. Remember what happened to Lieberman? Karma's a bitch. It is fun though to watch the republicans eat their young though, I have to admit.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    iran bill passed.

cotton was the lone dissenting vote.

guy is butthurt because he didn't get his way.

can you imagine working on a team with this guy in a war? in a war zone he might have gotten himself fragged being this intransigent. might still get fragged in the senate.