Don't buy bumble bee tuna...

Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
Tattooed Dissident!

Comments

• FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    :confounded:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • I prefer my tuna with dolphins in it, not people. Thank you for the heads up.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • In 2012! Yikes!
  • MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,515
    Chicken of the Sea has a really good negative ad campaign if they want to go in that direction.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Lmao!! This tuna tastes like Bob.. Holy Mackerel!! It IS Bob!!
    :bee:
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434

Lmao!! This tuna tastes like Bob.. Holy Mackerel!! It IS Bob!!

It's not Holy Mackerel! Wrong fish! It's Holy Tuna!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • deadendp said:

It's not Holy Mackerel! Wrong fish! It's Holy Tuna!
    I know.. It kind of applies since Tuna EAT Mackerel.. Lol
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    ^^ Didn't know that. Huh. You learn something new every day. Now I get it!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863

So wrong, yet so funny!!!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    edited April 2015
    Right?? That's so messed up though.. There was a case like this in the 80's Aboyt a guy that munched up his wife's lover's body in the grinder at a dog food factory.. Gives a whole new meaning to Ol'Roy!

Right?? That's so messed up though.. There was a case like this in the 80's Aboyt a guy that munched up his wife's lover's body in the grinder at a dog food factory.. Gives a whole new meaning to Ol'Roy!

Oh sick...at least it was just dog food though and not something for human consumption. I shared this with my friend who did some research on it and came back with info stating none of the tainted Tuna was ever sold...but I still wouldn't trust the company...lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

Oh sick...at least it was just dog food though and not something for human consumption. I shared this with my friend who did some research on it and came back with info stating none of the tainted Tuna was ever sold...but I still wouldn't trust the company...lol
    Yeah.. That is a little scary!!
  • PJSiren said:

Oh sick...at least it was just dog food though and not something for human consumption.
    Wait, what!? What did dogs ever do to you?? lol. I'd rather some low life dirt bag choke back a human appendix than some poor little doggie.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self

PJSiren said:

Oh sick...at least it was just dog food though and not something for human consumption.
    Wait, what!? What did dogs ever do to you?? lol. I'd rather some low life dirt bag choke back a human appendix than some poor little doggie.
    LMAO...Yeah but it's not just low life dirtbags that buy bumblebee tuna...HAHA And I agree, I sure as hell wouldn't want to feel body parts to my dogs, but still on some level it's better than it being in food you're eating...right???
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • I would sacrifice my tuna for my kitties tuna, but I'm not stable, lol
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    Don't buy any tuna.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I switched to the chicken of the sea brand a few years ago. I like to keep a couple cans in the pantry but since I read about the over fishing and the health threats I don't do much tuna salad anymore.

It helps that the supermarket has a good fresh seafood section now. I got "wild caught" catfish filets today for $7/lb! :-)
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    ldent42 said:

I switched to the chicken of the sea brand a few years ago. I like to keep a couple cans in the pantry but since I read about the over fishing and the health threats I don't do much tuna salad anymore.

It helps that the supermarket has a good fresh seafood section now. I got "wild caught" catfish filets today for $7/lb! :-)

That brand takes me back to "Sorry, Charlie!" (and Jessica Simpson's reality show).

shortstack, I eat tuna sushi / rolls at least three times a week.

Serious question (and cooked man aside) - is all tuna caught considered an endangerment to dolphins and other sea life?

• Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    Man is an endangerment to dolphins and pretty much everything else on this planet.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    cdysinge said:

Man is an endangerment to dolphins and pretty much everything else on this planet.

Lol this^^^
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    cdysinge said:

All animals are endangerments and endangerers - us lowly humans included.

Life feeds on life (to quote one of my favorite bands).
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    hedonist said:

cdysinge said:

All animals are endangerments and endangerers - us lowly humans included.

Life feeds on life (to quote one of my favorite bands).
    it's true.

I do think that for things like this, humanity should be able to take responsibility and stop fishing fucking tuna for a decade or two.

Then again I think humanity should be able to do a lot of fucking things it's not doing.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    I just think humans need to quit being do fucking lazy and greedy, in all respects.. I had to shop for meat for the first time in like 15 years the other day.. And it made me sick., mass produced beef, pork, and chicken.. In heaps and piles.. And not neat enough people buying it.. All
    Those animals, whose lives are wasted, so we can pick and choose..
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

I just think humans need to quit being do fucking lazy and greedy, in all respects.. I had to shop for meat for the first time in like 15 years the other day.. And it made me sick., mass produced beef, pork, and chicken.. In heaps and piles.. And not neat enough people buying it.. All

you do realize that grocery stores throw away 40% of the fresh produce, dairy and meats because we are so worried about not having enough, that we over produce all those foods.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    It's my point. If man doesn't change soon the extinct animal list will start expanding exponentially in 100 years. There are too many of us already and think what it will be like then. Barely any space left for wild animals now in most places as it is.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    gluttons I say! it's sickening...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

you do realize that grocery stores throw away 40% of the fresh produce, dairy and meats because we are so worried about not having enough, that we over produce all those foods.
    that was what I was trying to say.. I just wanted to buy it all.. But I just went home and cried instead.. I've been really messed up with all these changes in my
    Life.. And seeing that made me so mad.. It just made me remember the kill lines at Tyson.. And I felt so sick.. And mad.. And sad at the same time..

RKCNDY said:

that was what I was trying to say.. I just wanted to buy it all.. But I just went home and cried instead.. I've been really messed up with all these changes in my
    Life.. And seeing that made me so mad.. It just made me remember the kill lines at Tyson.. And I felt so sick.. And mad.. And sad at the same time..
    It is sad...I watched Food Inc...I already knew most of it, and how horrible and evil Monsanto is. I still eat meat, but I try to buy local raised meats and dairy.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

It is sad...I watched Food Inc...I already knew most of it, and how horrible and evil Monsanto is. I still eat meat, but I try to buy local raised meats and dairy.
    Unfortunately, I'm too poor for that.. ( but not poor enough for food stamps.. WTF??)

Unfortunately, I'm too poor for that.. ( but not poor enough for food stamps.. WTF??)

Can you go in with a friend on a side of beef? It might be expensive up front, but in the long run way cheaper than buying here and there.

- Christopher McCandless