Who has had a Hole in One???

muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
edited June 2015 in All Encompassing Trip
I got my first Ace today. 9 iron 135 out. Saw it drop in the cup. Coolest thing ever for me on the course. I jumped up and down and high-fived my who group. Since it was a outing I had to buy drinks for 144 players.... Luckily there was a 500$ pot for a hole in one....still can't believe it, but golfing for 25 years!!!
Post edited by Kat on

Comments

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    edited April 2015
    Par 4
    Hit my tee shot about 20 yards.
    Second shot went 30 yards.
    3rd shot went in the hole.

Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    muskydan said:

I got my first Ace today. 9 iron 135 out. Saw it drop in the cup. Coolest thing ever for me on the course. I jumped up and down and high-fived my who group. Since it was a outing I had to buy drinks for 144 players.... Luckily there was a 500$ pot for a hole in one....still can't believe it, but golfing for 25 years!!!

Nice!!!

I've done it once on a par 3 about 10 years ago. Every time I play now, I'm chasing that same feeling. Congrats!

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Good for you. Closest I came was within 4 inches.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited April 2015
    My dad did it once, and it just happened to be the right hole - like, the special hole where you get something if you get a hole in one in it, sponsored by Coca-Cola. He won a solid gold putter, and a pile of shitty Coke merch.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    just in putt-putt/mini golf :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    That is not at all how I read the thread title. I thought it had something to do with a particular banned word.

For thread integrity and all, I'm with eeriepadave. Just mini golf.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    ^^ I thought so too. And yes to the putt-putt.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,457
    Topped a ball once...went maybe 10 feet...a little past the lady tee. Was offered the chance for a redo. Declined out of frustration. Went up hit the ball...straight into the hole. Not a hole in one, but close?
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,472

Par 4
    Hit my tee shot about 20 yards.
    Second shot went 30 yards.
    3rd shot went in the hole.

so....no. you have not had a hole in one.
    www.myspace.com
  • MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,515
    I have one A hole, does that count?
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Malroth said:

I have one A hole, does that count?

Nice one

Good for you. Closest I came was within 4 inches.

Thanks Man, it was quite the thrill for me.
    mfc2006 said:

muskydan said:

Nice!!!

I've done it once on a par 3 about 10 years ago. Every time I play now, I'm chasing that same feeling. Congrats!

I got to tell ya, its sure is a great feeling. Still buzzing about it
  • Congrats. I've had a couple stop less than four inches from the hole and even eagled a par 4 from 145 yards out. That was a great feeling but still chasing an ace here.
  • Only hole in one I ever got was in putt putt golf.. But it WAS a million dollar shot. Hit the ball, it hit the curb, bounced onto some rocks, bounced over a fence, and landed in the hole of the course next to the one we were playing! Lol

Only hole in one I ever got was in putt putt golf.. But it WAS a million dollar shot. Hit the ball, it hit the curb, bounced onto some rocks, bounced over a fence, and landed in the hole of the course next to the one we were playing! Lol

Now that is a story…I hope you kept the ball

Congrats. I've had a couple stop less than four inches from the hole and even eagled a par 4 from 145 yards out. That was a great feeling but still chasing an ace here.

It will come…fairways and greens
  • muskydan said:

Only hole in one I ever got was in putt putt golf.. But it WAS a million dollar shot. Hit the ball, it hit the curb, bounced onto some rocks, bounced over a fence, and landed in the hole of the course next to the one we were playing! Lol

I did for wuite a while. I had it until it floated away in a flood... I
    Wish we'd had a video of that!! It just floated out the window... And in Down the 'river' that was our street in Kansas.. I watched everything float away in that flood...oh well. Floods happen, apparently they happen to ME repeatedly.,
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    Closest for me was in Nantucket , MA par 4 348 yards. I hit a driver off the tee on a hill, then 3 wood off the short rough. To just off the green, maybe 60 feet then chipped in straight in on a downhill. It was a birdie but it felt like a one in hole.

It was my first ever playing golf and my partners were surprised at how well I could play. You watch it enough and anyone can learn the game.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Been close a bunch of times. Never in one though.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    mca47 said:

Same. I have at least 5 that were within a foot.

Someone mentioned eagling a par 4. I have made a shot from about 150 on a par 4 too, however I chuncked my second shot and made bird from 150 :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • muskydan said:

I did for wuite a while. I had it until it floated away in a flood... I
    Wish we'd had a video of that!! It just floated out the window... And in Down the 'river' that was our street in Kansas.. I watched everything float away in that flood...oh well. Floods happen, apparently they happen to ME repeatedly.,
    The ball wanted to go back home. Balls belong in holes. Its nature.

Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    I witnessed a hole in one at a chip and putt course near my house. the hole was kinda on a hill and I went first, overshot the hole and decided to go look for it while my friends played. One of them hit the ball in the hole and the funniest/best part was he didn't even see cause it was on the hill, but I did. :lol: He was kinda pissed off that he didn't even see it go in.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280

mca47 said:

Someone mentioned eagling a par 4. I have made a shot from about 150 on a par 4 too, however I chuncked my second shot and made bird from 150 :lol:
    Yeah, I've been close to eagle-ing a bunch of times too. Still hasn't happened.
    This has happened twice....TWICE!
    Both par 5s (different holes).
    First time, I hit a drive about 300 straight down the fairway, it cleared a hill and rolled a bit. Second shot (3 iron) went about 210 yards...was 4 feet from the cup. Ended up 3 putting it! :fp: lol!
    The second time I was within 2 feet of the cup and two putted it. Ugh!

I think I get so excited with the idea of it that it totally screws up my putting.

Damn game!
  • mca47 said:

mca47 said:

First time, I hit a drive about 300 straight down the fairway, it cleared a hill and rolled a bit. Second shot (3 iron) went about 210 yards...was 4 feet from the cup. Ended up 3 putting it! :fp: lol!

I think I get so excited with the idea of it that it totally screws up my putting.

Damn game!
    I hear that! I've turned a couple eagle chances into par the same way. Only time I eagled a par 5 was a forty yard shot I dug out of deep rough. Complete luck.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329

mca47 said:

mca47 said:

Damn game!
    I hear that! I've turned a couple eagle chances into par the same way. Only time I eagled a par 5 was a forty yard shot I dug out of deep rough. Complete luck.
    My only eagle didn't come from a putt either. Not 40 yards, chip from just off
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • mca47 said:

mca47 said:

Damn game!
    My only eagle didn't come from a putt either. Not 40 yards, chip from just off
    Once, when I first started playing, I hit the cart path on a short par four and the ball ended up on the green. Four putted for bogey.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I too got it once on mini-golf (putt-putt? Fuck if I know!)

Gotta say that this is some kind of awesome lingo / terminology.

Now I know how dimi must feel here at times =)
  • hedonist said:

I too got it once on mini-golf (putt-putt? Fuck if I know!)

Gotta say that this is some kind of awesome lingo / terminology.

Now I know how dimi must feel here at times =)

Hahaha!! Poor guy we have so many names for the same things!
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    deadendp said:

That is not at all how I read the thread title. I thought it had something to do with a particular banned word.

For thread integrity and all, I'm with eeriepadave. Just mini golf.

me too ;)