Options

well done ten club youve thanks for being unable to handle the demand for advertised product

scott nowlandscott nowland Australia Posts: 247
i may sound bitter and yes that is correct but the way i see it if your a paid member logged in for when an item goes on sale you shouldnt miss out and constantly hit a whitescreen wall of death. sorry ten club. not good enough. congratulations to all those who scored but a mystery sale shouldnt be so limited to those with the fastest internet connection and those who are lucky enough to somehow bypass a white screen other paid members were unlucky enough to get through

Comments

• Options
    willc431994willc431994 Australia Posts: 201
    ...and apparently my paid membership means zero. Was logged in but kept getting rejected because item was only available to members. Nice work 10C.
  • Options
    courtmcccourtmcc South Jersey Posts: 1,143
    Very disappointed. :(
  • Options
    scott nowlandscott nowland Australia Posts: 247
    kept asking me to confirm membership when i was all ready logged in. ummm, paid january this year thanks. is that not good enough? i hope those lucky enough to get through all get a benny cause you deserve it
  • Options
    shadyshallshadyshall Posts: 21
    edited April 2015
    same thing happened to me. it kept saying i wasn't logged in or a member (not sure which). i FINALLY got it in my cart and then hit the whitewall of death, getting as far as shipping selection after multiple tries... then it disappeared from my cart and was no longer available.

Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,543

i may sound bitter and yes that is correct but the way i see it if your a paid member logged in for when an item goes on sale you shouldnt miss out and constantly hit a whitescreen wall of death. sorry ten club. not good enough. congratulations to all those who scored but a mystery sale shouldnt be so limited to those with the fastest internet connection and those who are lucky enough to somehow bypass a white screen other paid members were unlucky enough to get through

They had a very limited number. Of course most people will miss out. What else can they do besides make the site better (which they are certainly at fault as I thought that was why we had a new site)?
  • Options
    radarradar Posts: 769
    TC show some respect to your customers
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    this whole process wasn't going to ruin my day. i expected some glitches.got the same problems as most got but simply got lucky and it went through. i would never tell 10 club to go f themselves. i understand the frustration as i have been shut out on other things. go listen to your fav bootleg and remember why we are here in the first place. then smile.have a good weekend
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    It crashed. Supply and demand. It sucks, but you can't always get what you want. I want a new car for $20, but that isn't going to happen. Enjoy your time above the ground!
  • Options
    Also, with that many errors/crashes, I personally know a few people who had multiple orders go through on accident. I'm guessing the 10c will refund everyone who ordered more than one on accident(keeping one order per person) and will release the rest... so instead of wasting time here complaining about things that can't be changed, be ready in case more go up for sale!
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    exactly . at first i thought it was sold out. you just never know.
  • Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    If you're a paid member with your name showing on top of the screen as logged in, have a 10C Hoilday single already in your cart, you shouldn't have to log in again. If you're also on at 7am and add one to your cart, you shouldn't have to miss out on it because the servers are equipped to handle the traffic. I'm sorry but it's complete B.S. and needs to be called for what it is. I'm bitter because I did everything I was supposed to do. And I did this and didn't go stand in line at my local record store and will have to pay some a-hole on ebay for Citizen Dick.
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    IBTL
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options

same thing happened to me. it kept saying i wasn't logged in or a member (not sure which). i FINALLY got it in my cart and then hit the whitewall of death, getting as far as shipping selection after multiple tries... then it disappeared from my cart and was no longer available.

bravo ten club. go fuck yourselves.

that's harsh
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 835
    I was told I wasn't logged in then I got locked out!! Finally got back in at 16.00 GMT and waited and kept trying - as I was advised to by TC when I emailed them. (they emailed me back within 3 minutes -- twice)... I thought I had missed out...again....But I kept looking...At 16.20 it came back on sale and I got one. It's hard system but the band are popular and that's the way of it.
    It really sucks to miss out, but the limited nature of these things is part of the draw to wanting them isn't it? Or maybe not for everyone. I like to get things that aren't hugely available. Sometimes I miss out... Like Sevens and Benny. But that's the way it goes with limited availability. Hope you guys get something soon.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    RD101189 said:

If you're a paid member with your name showing on top of the screen as logged in, have a 10C Hoilday single already in your cart, you shouldn't have to log in again. If you're also on at 7am and add one to your cart, you shouldn't have to miss out on it because the servers are equipped to handle the traffic. I'm sorry but it's complete B.S. and needs to be called for what it is. I'm bitter because I did everything I was supposed to do. And I did this and didn't go stand in line at my local record store and will have to pay some a-hole on ebay for Citizen Dick.

Sounds like you need to start your own band and fan club. Everyone had the same issues... at least it happened quick... I think I spent over 4 hours trying for a ticket to The Vic.
    Post edited by pjtaper on
  • Options
    Then to give up after an hour of that - only for some to come back online for people who logged in later to get it. Icing on the freagin cake,
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    Way she goes...
  • Options
    RD101189 said:

Then to give up after an hour of that - only for some to come back online for people who logged in later to get it. Icing on the freagin cake,

Some dude just got refunded... imagine thinking you got one, then hours later, refund... That's the freagin cake
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Does anybody think people are using bots now? Are there any pj bots like Nike has? Seems so weird that a site can't handle this much traffic.
  • Options
    pjtaper said:

RD101189 said:

Some dude just got refunded... imagine thinking you got one, then hours later, refund... That's the freagin cake
    There's got to be a better way,
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    Give me $50 and I'll send you Lightning Bolt vinyl and a 45.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    raystreyraystrey Posts: 171
    that what happens for not having patience. I received same error but never tried to log back in. Knew it was system error and all I had to do was refresh every time. some people actually were logging out and back in.....stupid . I am on a really slow internet connection using good ol yahoo. and I got through eventually
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    smarchee said:

that's harsh
    That is harsh indeed.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 773
    Perspective: This sucks, but a) on balance the 10C still is worth it and b) I'm sure they didn't foresee it being this bad.
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!), 10/1/94 Bridge School, 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!), 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!), 10/25/03 B. School, 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!), 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!), 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!), 5/13/22 Oakland (W.M.A.! Immortality!)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    edited April 2015
    I really don't think it was that bad at all. I expected worse. That was pretty good IMO. I had a way tougher time trying to buy U2 tix, and that was Ticketmaster.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pjtaper said:

Way she goes...

goddamn way she goes !!!!
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,053

fuck you... whiny bitch
    …and now it's a party...
  • Options

fuck you... whiny bitch
    …and now it's a party...
    whoa whoa whoa whoa

actually, carry one
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    pjtaper said:

It crashed. Supply and demand. It sucks, but you can't always get what you want. I want a new car for $20, but that isn't going to happen. Enjoy your time above the ground!

This.

I can't wait to see the complaints in 2 weeks when people start getting vinyl they already own.

2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    boyo79 said:

pjtaper said:

This.

I can't wait to see the complaints in 2 weeks when people start getting vinyl they already own.

No doubt. The entitlement around here is sickening sometimes. A lot of fan clubs dont even come close to what 10c does for us, we should at least be thankful for that.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
This discussion has been closed.