Why you do dat?

When my kitty does something bad or wrong, like if she claws me, or climbs the curtains, I ask her "Why you do dat!?" And then I say "You don't be doing out on dat one!" And I try to correct her bad behaviour by saying, "You don't do dat one, you do dith one," or "You be doing out on dith one, you don't be doing out on dat one."

When I want a kiss, I ask her "Can I have a kithy?" I'll even offer he a "boop" in exchange for a kithy. A boop is when I headbutt her. Or I tell her "You gue me the boop, and I give you the kithy."

I'm not insane. You pet owners all do the same thing. How do you talk to your pets?
Another habit says it's in love with you
Another habit says its long overdue
Another habit like an unwanted friend
I'm so happy with my righteous self

Comments

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    i make up new names for them..... George just got TWO new names in the the last week:
    Sweetie McGhee and
    Duke of Cute.

Yeah.. You're insane.
    :lol:
    so am i
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

When my kitty does something bad or wrong, like if she claws me, or climbs the curtains, I ask her "Why you do dat!?" And then I say "You don't be doing out on dat one!" And I try to correct her bad behaviour by saying, "You don't do dat one, you do dith one," or "You be doing out on dith one, you don't be doing out on dat one."

When I want a kiss, I ask her "Can I have a kithy?" I'll even offer he a "boop" in exchange for a kithy. A boop is when I headbutt her. Or I tell her "You gue me the boop, and I give you the kithy."

I'm not insane. You pet owners all do the same thing. How do you talk to your pets?

SO not like that!

Though I do sing to them - both have their own little ditties =)
  • Lizard said:

i make up new names for them..... George just got TWO new names in the the last week:
    Sweetie McGhee and
    Duke of Cute.

Yeah.. You're insane.
    so am i

HaHa, I love it! Yeah, we're nuts.
  • I talk to my cat funny.. Like I have Exceptional hearing, and when I hear him open a door to some forbidden room, or him getting into the trash etc... I ask, " What's him doing now?" He immediately runs to me! Lol but I think that's only time I talk to him in baby talk.. Usually I just tell him how cute and sweet and lucky he is.. I always tell him he is the best pick I ever made! I also remind him how he was the luckiest kitty in the shelter that day!
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    As long as you talk to them. I read somewhere that 96% of people talk to their pets. Like it was shocking that 96% did this. My thought was, "who are these 4% not talking to their pets?" They're the crazy ones.
  • hedonist said:

SO not like that!

I sing my own little dittie, too. It's like my kitty's own personal theme song. I think it's a subconscious tweaking of the Seinfeld theme song, but totally original. Let's see if you can figure it out from me typing it. It goes like this:

"do do, doot-doot, do-do-do, do do doot."

Long version you add on "do duh do....do-duh-do-do............DO DO!

Do sounds just likes it's spelled. Like the word "do." Not "doe."

Too much information?
  • I talk to my cat funny.. Like I have Exceptional hearing, and when I hear him open a door to some forbidden room, or him getting into the trash etc... I ask, " What's him doing now?" He immediately runs to me! Lol but I think that's only time I talk to him in baby talk.. Usually I just tell him how cute and sweet and lucky he is.. I always tell him he is the best pick I ever made! I also remind him how he was the luckiest kitty in the shelter that day!

Lol, I love it. Yes, I talk baby talk, or for lack of a better expression, sort of retarded, lol.

"What's him doing now?" Lol. I say, "Wuh you do-wing!?" Like with a confused attitude.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Hahaha! Kithy! Love it :lol: I sometimes talk to our kitty in German. We never call her by her name, she is always the fluffy kitty or something. Most of the women that I know start talking in very high pitched tones when they see her. I tried to do that too, I think they kind of react on the speech melody. But I cannot get myself to talking like that. It feels phony. I talk to her like I would talk to a human. Her sweet little ears are sensitive. I think she appreciates the lower volume in her house.
  • Hahaha! Kithy! Love it :lol: I sometimes talk to our kitty in German. We never call her by her name, she is always the fluffy kitty or something. Most of the women that I know start talking in very high pitched tones when they see her. I tried to do that too, I think they kind of react on the speech melody. But I cannot get myself to talking like that. It feels phony. I talk to her like I would talk to a human. Her sweet little ears are sensitive. I think she appreciates the lower volume in her house.

I want to talk to my kitty in German! First I'd have to learn German. But yes, our kitty's have sensitive hearing and I think you're right in that they appreciate lower tones/volumes as opposed to high pitches. I love hat you talk to her like a human. I sometimes do too, when I'm not goofing around. :)
  • Hahaha! Kithy! Love it :lol: I sometimes talk to our kitty in German. We never call her by her name, she is always the fluffy kitty or something. Most of the women that I know start talking in very high pitched tones when they see her. I tried to do that too, I think they kind of react on the speech melody. But I cannot get myself to talking like that. It feels phony. I talk to her like I would talk to a human. Her sweet little ears are sensitive. I think she appreciates the lower volume in her house.

Did you know that when our kitties meow, it is just for us?? Feral cats don't really meow very often. So they go this specifically to gain our attention. Scooter is definitely a 'talker'. So
    I always try to talk back to him. But usually I speak to him in a normal tone. When I want him to regard me, is when I use the high pitched baby talk. Works every time! Dogs rather enjoy it too.
    Our cat is very talkative. I read up a bit on it because I wanted to make sure she is fine, but I think she just loves us and wants to tell us things. She is a "currer", she often makes sounds like a little pigeon. I love when she does that :)
  • That chirp, ( half purr half meow) is strictly a domestic cat thing! And they do
    It to 'attract' us as a mother cat would her kittens. It's really cool how inter-social cats can be.
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    edited April 2015
    I talk to my babies all the time...I talk to them both in baby talk and like they are little humans...and they are all constantly getting new nicknames...Beans newest is maltobeany and Eliots is mowzer...I haven't given the dog a new one though in a while I just call him bubby....lol I can't believe the number is only 96% that talk to their pets what the hell is wrong with that other 4%???
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!

hedonist said:

SO not like that!

I sing my own little dittie, too. It's like my kitty's own personal theme song. I think it's a subconscious tweaking of the Seinfeld theme song, but totally original. Let's see if you can figure it out from me typing it. It goes like this:

"do do, doot-doot, do-do-do, do do doot."

Long version you add on "do duh do....do-duh-do-do............DO DO!

Do sounds just likes it's spelled. Like the word "do." Not "doe."

Too much information?
    Oh hell yeah, TMI - but it's great :)

Leeze, I can't do the high-pitched thing with ours either. And the German thing - my dad used to tack on to my and my sister's names "schein" I think it was? Wish I could do that with our kitties' names.

And upon further thought, the do do do thing seems a bit Black-ish.
    Interesting. Schein means shine basically. I think it is a very cute thing of a dad to do :smile:

Do-do-do-do-do-do-do....

Oh, and I just learned yesterday from Cav what "Duh" is said like. D'oh, I was not aware! :lol: I learn something new every day. My German nicknames for the kitty include Mutzelmaus, Mausepups, Schnurzel and Mausemiez. Funnily enough, Maus means mouse. Duh! :rofl:
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    Nicknames for Sammy? Lets see how many I can remember
    Fuzzy Buns
    Fancy Pants
    Little Ms. Fancy Pants
    Fuzzy Britches
    Furry Britches
    Twinkle Toes
    Samantha
    Sunshine
    Sweet Buns
    My little ray of sunshine
    Daddys little girl

And there were more.
    I have to think about this for a minute.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Hobbes said:

As long as you talk to them. I read somewhere that 96% of people talk to their pets. Like it was shocking that 96% did this. My thought was, "who are these 4% not talking to their pets?" They're the crazy ones.

I know who the 4% are...

My kitty lets me swing him in the air and flip him around onto my back...it's not easy to do with a 20# cat.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Scooter's nicknames are,
    Fuzzbutt
    Kitty ditty
    Booga boy
    Lil'fucker, ( when he's really bad)
    Snuggle buggle
    And hims
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    edited April 2015
    My wife's cat jingles normally gets called

Miss Jingies
    Jingalingalongdingdong

But its normally:

Hey asshole, food on my nightstand is not your food, or
    Hey dickhead, my legs are not your pillow at night, go sleep against your Mom, or
    Hey fucker, piss on something of mine again when you are mad and I can make you disappear for $50

So far as Boomer, he only knows Boomer or Boomie and I talk to him like he is one of my Marine buddies. Lots of cursing while he just smiles at me.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • I love the name Jingles!!
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    cdysinge said:

My wife's cat jingles normally gets called

Miss Jingies
    Jingalingalongdingdong

But its normally:

Hey asshole, food on my nightstand is not your food, or
    Hey dickhead, my legs are not your pillow at night, go sleep against your Mom, or
    Hey fucker, piss on something of mine again when you are mad and I can make you disappear for $50

So far as Boomer, he only knows Boomer or Boomie and I talk to him like he is one of my Marine buddies. Lots of cursing while he just smiles at me.

Oh when my cats are naughty their name is "shit monkey" :lol:
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Wow, I had a lot to drink last night.
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418

Wow, I had a lot to drink last night.

Too much dwinky dwink

• Hobbes said:

Too much dwinky dwink

lmao, you got that right. I'm so ashamed.

Why I do dat!?
    Hobbes said:

Too much dwinky dwink

=)

Hope your head's OK today, WTM!
  • Thanks. I never get hangovers, though. I don't know if that's a good sign, or a bad sign!?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

no, you were just insane...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    edited April 2015
    Lmao we need to resurect the PUI thread!! Lol
  • RKCNDY said:

no, you were just insane...
    Yeah, I can see that.