Options

Tulsa cop shoots man, thought he had his taser

Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
edited April 2015 in A Moving Train
Just saw on CNN footage of a policemans body cam chasing as suspect. He tackles the suspect and tries to cuff the guy. He is fighting the cop. The cop says "I'm going to use my teaser." Then you hear a gun shot.

I don't know what to think of this. It looks like another mistake that cost another life. Moral of the story: STOP RESISTING

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/13/us/tulsa-shooting-eric-harris-f-your-breath-reactions/index.html
Post edited by Last-12-Exit on

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Scott's always late to the party. We've been talking about this already. Catch up with the rest of us speedy Gonzalez.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    badbrains said:

Scott's always late to the party. We've been talking about this already. Catch up with the rest of us speedy Gonzalez.

I just saw it on the news. When I saw the guys name, I realized it was old news. It was the first time I saw the video.

Kat can dump this thread. My apologies.
  • Options

Just saw on CNN footage of a policemans body cam chasing as suspect. He tackles the suspect and tries to cuff the guy. He is fighting the cop. The cop says "I'm going to use my teaser." Then you hear a gun shot.

I don't know what to think of this. It looks like another mistake that cost another life. Moral of the story: STOP RESISTING

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/13/us/tulsa-shooting-eric-harris-f-your-breath-reactions/index.html

No, moral of the story: COPS FUCK UP. And have been doing so an awful lot lately.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Cops do make mistakes and in their line of work their mistakes can be fatal.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

No, moral of the story: COPS FUCK UP. And have been doing so an awful lot lately.
    I think both morals are equally applicable.
    If you don't want to be on the wrong end of a fuckup, not resisting is a good start.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152

you have to be a moron to not be able to tell the difference between the handle of a taser and the handle of your pistol. over the years, a cop his age has spent a lot more time stroking the handle of that gun, that is for sure.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

Once again, utter refusal to acknowledge a simple truth given your fixed and inflexible position. Something which, I might add, you admonish others for in various threads.

A cop did screw up, but if he never ran, he'd still be alive. Did he think he'd simply run away and if they didn't catch him... he'd be in the clear? For how long? At what price? Absolutely stupid.

And don't forget that he had priors: one which was the assault and battery of a police officer. Given this was a sting operation, it is assured the cops were made to understand this prior to engaging him. He most certainly never deserved to die as he did, but let's not make him out to be an angel.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    rgambs said:

I think both morals are equally applicable.
    If you don't want to be on the wrong end of a fuckup, not resisting is a good start.
    You're right. Touche'.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Can't remember where, but I heard this exact same story from somewhere else just a couple of weeks ago (except in that case there wasn't any audio with the cop saying he'd use his taser).... is this now going to be the go-to excuse for cops who wrongfully shoot people?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Rumor is that the old man didn't take the required training courses to carry a gun and that the department was trying to get people to falsely verify that he did after the shooting (3 officers refused). This give more credence in that perhaps a 72 year old man really was confused on which weapon he grabbed.

My old man is 70 and I wouldn't trust him with a pee shooter in an intense situation like this. He gets confused by his DirecTV remote as if it were a futuristic wand from Star Trek when the phone rings and he has to turn the volume down.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Rumor is that the old man didn't take the required training courses to carry a gun and that the department was trying to get people to falsely verify that he did after the shooting (3 officers refused). This give more credence in that perhaps a 72 year old man really was confused on which weapon he grabbed.

My old man is 70 and I wouldn't trust him with a pee shooter in an intense situation like this. He gets confused by his DirecTV remote as if it were a futuristic wand from Star Trek when the phone rings and he has to turn the volume down.

Part of that rumour is he bought his way on to the force with 'gifts'- contributions to the department and to the current sheriff's campaign effort.

This is stinky.
    "My brain's a good brain!"