What just happened?

was the site offline for the past 10/15 min? Or was it just me?
Another habit says it's in love with you
Another habit says its long overdue
Another habit like an unwanted friend
I'm so happy with my righteous self

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Did you get the stoned smiley face page?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    It was Stone's fault
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

It was Stone's fault

It's ALWAYS his fault. Guy never learns.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    It happened the other night, too.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Probably just normal maintenance.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    deadendp said:

It happened the other night, too.

Yeah I got it the other night too, good thing I was about to leave work or I'd have been REALLY pissed...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • cdysinge said:

Probably just normal maintenance.

I kind of have a better idea, maybe on how this place runs, after reading in the Tech thread.( need to go re read that too.) This is my guess too.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Heads-up would be nice, but I guess 15 or so minutes isn't too bad in the scheme of things.

Time Warner does that too, then leaves me wondering if something's messed up on my end.
  • I work for a software company and this is a very normal thing. The DB or something like that probably needed to be updated. This site has a bunch of moving parts to make it go. There is the new UI 10c bought as the main one. Just like with windows where you get automatic updates so does all the pieces here have patches released with security updates and the such. Normally you need to reset the machine running the site after the update which is why the downtime.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • cdysinge said:

I work for a software company and this is a very normal thing. The DB or something like that probably needed to be updated. This site has a bunch of moving parts to make it go. There is the new UI 10c bought as the main one. Just like with windows where you get automatic updates so does all the pieces here have patches released with security updates and the such. Normally you need to reset the machine running the site after the update which is why the downtime.

Yep. And with this particular software it's very normal!! Lol especially given how it's set up!
  • RKCNDY said:

No, it just wouldn't load. I was scared and lonely. It was awful.
  • RKCNDY said:

:rofl:
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,630
    It wasn't just here- it was the whole universe. Even the universe needs a break now and then.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    brianlux said:

It wasn't just here- it was the whole universe. Even the universe needs a break now and then.

Amen.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818

RKCNDY said:

haha! I had the same thought.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • It happened again. It's happening right now.
  • When it happens 10C is really reading your mind. Start putting on aluminum foil on your head and you should be safe. The CIA and aliens want to take control of you!
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • I wouldn't put on a tin foil hat because I'd want that to be true. I have no control over my own life, so someone else might as well take over.
  • cdysinge said:

When it happens 10C is really reading your mind. Start putting on aluminum foil on your head and you should be safe. The CIA and aliens want to take control of you!

Nah.. Once they read MY mind, they'll block me out!! It's pretty scary in there!!
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863

cdysinge said:

When it happens 10C is really reading your mind. Start putting on aluminum foil on your head and you should be safe. The CIA and aliens want to take control of you!

Nah.. Once they read MY mind, they'll block me out!! It's pretty scary in there!!
    Mine too...BP minds...YIKES! :lol:
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • PJSiren said:

cdysinge said:

Mine too...BP minds...YIKES! :lol:
    I love that someone else can 'get' BP humor! It makes the laughter that much sweeter!!