I wish.....

I wish that I could travel world visiting all of you guys and gals that I have met here over the years, using only my gifts and talents. Like a bartering system. You know start out at a home here in the States, and do work for that person to earn traveling fare to the next visit. And then eventually earn enough fare to travel visit my over seas friends. If only that would work.

What's your idea that you wish you Could pull off?

Comments

• If I could get people to work with me on this.. I'd so do it!!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,630
    That's a cool idea! Going to pursue it maybe?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    I wish I could maintain my age for a little longer. I am going to turn 37 next month. I feel like 25. There is no way I am associating with my age, at all. I think moving to another country even made this worse. It is not about fearing to age. I am in love with the thought of becoming old. I just don't feel like 37. I don't think I look like it either. Can we stop time for let's say 4 years while I find my place in my new American life? I'll gladly get older after that.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

I wish I could maintain my age for a little longer. I am going to turn 37 next month. I feel like 25. There is no way I am associating with my age, at all. I think moving to another country even made this worse. It is not about fearing to age. I am in love with the thought of becoming old. I just don't feel like 37. I don't think I look like it either. Can we stop time for let's say 4 years while I find my place in my new American life? I'll gladly get older after that.

Recently I heard, "it's a privilege to get older". I'm with that. Feel it some days, others not. I will take it over the alternative any day!

Gotta give the wish prospect more thought, but must say that the subject line reminds me of the Stevie Wonder song.
  • brianlux said:

That's a cool idea! Going to pursue it maybe?

I wish. I would love to do this and write about it. But unfortunately, I think it's just a pipe dream. I don't know. I think people might feel weird doing that. But back in the day that's how people did things. It would be really co to
    Travel the world that way. I have quite the skill set to offer too! Lol
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    I was the full moon shining...
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I wish I could have a giant rabbit for a pet but the closest breeder is in eastern Canada..
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    ...off my (husband's) Camaro's hood.

(we love that lyric)
    Well now my post looks just strange after the giant rabbit one =)
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I wish I could maintain a traveler's lifestyle indefinitely.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    hedonist said:

Well now my post looks just strange after the giant rabbit one =)

Yes. We don't want the giant rabbits bouncing off the Camaro's hood.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    edited April 2015
    PJSiren said:

I wish I could have a giant rabbit for a pet but the closest breeder is in eastern Canada..

Those thighs are AMAZING!! We had a lady down the street from us, had one in KCK. She 'walked' it on a leash! Oh I there had been vid on phones then!! My poor wolf dog he was like WTMF??( what the motherfuck) he was super wary of it it.. Totally funny! 122 lb wolf dog, scared of a 22lb rabbit!! Lmao! I think it was the SIZE of the rabbit that freaked him out.. The rabbit was the same size as our mini Heeler. Who LOVED the rabbit! It was funny only the second Giant I've seen in real life. ( not just pics) super super friendly, and very smart!

P.S. I'm leaving that in there, cause it's just to funny to correct! But thighs was supposed to be things.
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • hedonist said:

...off my (husband's) Camaro's hood.

(we love that lyric)

That's cool how you guys can personalize that!!
  • PJSiren said:

Those thighs are AMAZING!! We had a lady down the street from us, had one in KCK. She 'walked' it on a leash! Oh I there had been vid on phones then!! My poor wolf dog he was like WTMF??( what the motherfuck) he was super wary of it it.. Totally funny! 122 lb wolf dog, scared of a 22lb rabbit!! Lmao! I think it was the SIZE of the rabbit that freaked him out.. The rabbit was the same size as our mini Heeler. Who LOVED the rabbit! It was funny only the second Giant I've seen in real life. ( not just pics) super super friendly, and very smart!

P.S. I'm leaving that in there, cause it's just to funny to correct! But thighs was supposed to be things.
    Also, check shelters. There was one at our shelter here in COS when I got my kitty. I want a pet rabbit now. My brother has one, and it's just cool as hell, uses a litter box, he can set a joint down, tell the bunny to 'watch that' and I swear only an idiot would pick it up for fear of the wrath of Babbs. Then when he tells her, ok I got it Babbs, she goes back to being a sweet cute bunny. She slept with me when I visited him last year. He said she only usually sleeps with my second niece Trinity. Changed MY perception on rabbits as pets!

PJSiren said:

=)
  • Seriously considering trying to pull off my crazy idea. God that would be so amazing! What an adventure!! Do you think it could be done?
  • I should do one of those poll things...
  • ^^^^^^^^^^^^ You will never know unless you give it a try.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • I've got a poll going now to see what people think. I really REALLY want to go see the world. But am
    Poor as dirt. This is the only way I could think of to pull it off! Loo

PJSiren said:

My hubby showed me the pic and I was like no that's not real! So he pulled up a video...the record holder is a rabbit in England who is 50 lbs and 4 ft long...lol I want one so bad!!!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    edited April 2015

PJSiren said:

I was once walking my dog and I saw a guy walking toward us with something on a leash that was big but didn't really look like a dog. When we got closer I realized it was a pig. That also freaked my dog out, who wouldn't even walk by it - she was sure that was just not right.

I should add this was in a city neighbourhood.
    Post edited by oftenreading on
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Wow!! Thanks for posting that Shortstack!! I could soooo do this.. Of course I'd have to keep some dues back to pay for 'here'. But I could soooooooooo do this!
  • PJSiren said:

I was once walking my dog and I saw a guy walking toward us with something on a leash that was big but didn't really look like a dog. When we got closer I realized it was a pig. That also freaked my dog out, who wouldn't even walk by it - she was sure that was just not right.

Some places are grandfathered in on zoning. In KCK, our animal
    Rescue ( which was in our HOUSE) was in a neighborhood where on the corner of our block, was an AG FARM used by the middle school up the road. So because they had goats we tried to rescue three, only to find out those guy with horses and sheep were grandfathered in when our neighborhood had been built. But yeah pigs are amazingly smart. When we were Iittle and my dad worked as a counsellor for a reform
    Ranch, he gave my older sister and I each a pig. I taught mine to retrieve the newspaper, at the end of a quarter mile long road. I'd tell her "Fetch the news Miss Piggy," and away she's go! My dad was really impressed. But we still are her when the time came. Broke my heart, but I learned they all have a purpose..
  • As for dogs freaking out over our unique pet choices... As an animal
    Behaviorist, ( such a better title than Animal Psychologist!!sounds less wacky) I get to see some pretty funny shit! It's really fun to watch the thought process go on in their heads. Animals will acclimate to whatever situation you ask them to so long as you just act like whatever is going on is normal. However, you still run into your pet having those utter WTMF moments, like with the Giant rabbit, ( yes that should be capitalized as it is part of the breed name) and the leashed pig. That is what is funny. Because the poor dog is probably wondering when it could have ingested Acid???? ( that's totally a joke, dogs do NOT have that in depth of thought process) None the less seeing them try to process what they're seeing often makes me laugh. Once while working with my sister's mini Heeler, for his service dog cert., we ran into a ( get ready for this.. Again wish there'd been pics on phones back then) Seeking Eye Minature Horse. PoorWinston just peed. He didn't know what else to do.. He kept staring at me, eyes wide, shivering.. Terrified of a horse in tennis shoes.. Which we figured out was his issue. The lady training the horse was very patient, and both animals needed the socialization in their respective training, so we worked together. Only other animal behaviorist I ever met outside of my training, or class project type stuff.
    Then there was the snake we rescued that was THE most un-apex snake I have ever seen!! I never thought Apex animals could have personalities?!?! But this snake Wratchet, did. He was three feet long, Ball Pyrhon, and he went on walks.. He'd just slither along behind us.. He'd make it about half way down the block, and I'd have to sling him around my neck.. But he followed the dogs. He loved this one Pit Sandy. He'd ball up
    Next to her, and she'd just lick him. ( which we had to put a stop to.. Salmonella and all) but a snake slept with a Pit Bull. Meanwhile, my previous cat Tommy the Cat had just gotten out of his 12,000 dollar recovery, and we'd learned he'd not only survived being half skinned alive, but Distemper as well; leaving him shadow blind. So he could see.. But it was shadowy blobs with no definition. But he could SMELL the snake.. And one morning, he came in all proud, and brought me my robe string, All mangled and ripped. I laughed so fuckjng hard! We just let him think he 'got the snake' for us.. So animals are a lot of fun when we throw inique things in their path, and I love that they live is enough to put up with all our wacky decisions on the other lets we choose!
  • My baby Boomer ran into a cat that started following us on our walk. Finally on the 3rd block of the cat being behind us I got tired of Boomer walking backwards looking at the cat so I let his leash go. I assumed the cat would scamper away and we could resume. The cat not only didnt go away but it ran at boomer as he ran at it. As soon as he got in striking range the cat got on its two back legs and popped him in the nose with a paw. The look on Boomers face was priceless. He didnt know what to do. I ran over and chased the cat away as I didnt want him getting hurt. He likes to chase cats but is a sweetheart and wouldn't ever hurt one so the one that would have gotten hurt in that scenario would have been him.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I wish I wish I was a fish!
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    I had to share this song...cuz I just thought of it because of ^^^^...

"Tree Hugger"
    (performed by Kimya Dawson & Antsy Pants)

The flower said, "I wish I was a tree"
    The tree said, "I wish I could be
    A different kind of tree"
    The cat wished that it was a bee
    The turtle wished that it could fly
    Really high into the sky
    Over rooftops and then dive
    Deep into the sea

And in the sea there is a fish
    A fish that has a secret wish
    A wish to be a big cactus
    With a pink flower on it
    With a pink flower on it

And the flower
    Would be its offering
    Of love to the desert
    And the desert
    So dry and lonely
    That the creatures all
    Appreciate the effort

Et le jackalope a dit
    "Je voudrais être un yeti
    Pour voler dans la nuit
    Et m'en aller loin d'ici"
    Mais le yeti a dit
    "Je voudrais être un monstre marin
    Pour pouvoir rentrer dans la mer
    De tous les requins"

And the rattlesnake said
    "I wish I had hands so
    I could hug you like a man"
    And then the cactus said
    "Don't you understand
    My skin is covered with sharp spikes
    That'll stab you like a thousand knives.
    A hug would be nice
    But hug my flower with your eyes"

The flower said, "I wish I was a tree"
    The tree said, "I wish I could be
    A different kind of tree"
    The cat wished that it was a bee
    The turtle wished that it could fly
    Really high into the sky
    Over rooftops and then dive
    Deep into the sea

With a pink flower on it
    With a pink flower on it

And the flower
    Would be its offering
    Of love to the desert
    And the desert
    So dry and lonely
    That the creatures all
    Appreciate the effort
    Tattooed Dissident!

PJSiren said:

Some places are grandfathered in on zoning. In KCK, our animal
    Rescue ( which was in our HOUSE) was in a neighborhood where on the corner of our block, was an AG FARM used by the middle school up the road. So because they had goats we tried to rescue three, only to find out those guy with horses and sheep were grandfathered in when our neighborhood had been built. But yeah pigs are amazingly smart. When we were Iittle and my dad worked as a counsellor for a reform
    Ranch, he gave my older sister and I each a pig. I taught mine to retrieve the newspaper, at the end of a quarter mile long road. I'd tell her "Fetch the news Miss Piggy," and away she's go! My dad was really impressed. But we still are her when the time came. Broke my heart, but I learned they all have a purpose..
    Damn, woman - your animal experiences and insights into their behavior humbles me...and really entertains at times.

Rock on :rock_on:
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    edited April 2015
    Thank you Hedo. It's the kne thing I do well. My mom ( my birth mom) always used to tell me I had some weird gift. Honestly, it was just cause kids hated me, no matter where I went.. But the animals, no matter what.. They loved me. So I learned to talk to them.. Since the humans wouldn't talk to me. In hanging out with animals instead of people, I learned how they communicated. I can still get hirses to approach just by walking into a field, without ever having to make a sound. Because with horses they communicate visually from a distance first.. Very long distance. When I learned of the Equine Psychology course, I knew that was what I wanted to study. My family still thinks it was a waste of 80,000 dollars, but fuck... I paid for all of it.. So they can laugh all they want! I'm glad I know what I know. Because now I can help the animals stuck in our world( human vs. The wild).