Options

PEARL JAM CANADA 2015

Comments

• Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Yeah this sounds alright I mean I want to get back to Seattle and Canada is just up the road so I'll be up for this :)
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    derbydave said:

mcgruff10 said:

I m down with some canadian dates!

A 2-night run in Toronto would be GREAT!!!!:
    :plus_one:
    Not gonna hold my breath, but a Pearl Jam show would really hit the spot right now.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    No kidding it would. let's hope.
  • Options
    Live in Gimli, Manitoba August 14th, 1993 (Full Show) HD
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x7zaHN1bG-0
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    No rumors floating from any of the venues North of the border? We are within probably a 30 day window of any potential for a fall run no matter how small.
  • Options
    very true im really hoping we here something soon. like within the next 5 minutes would be nice. Pearl Jam doesnt understand how many people I have gotten into there band in the past year.
  • Options
    Kick Out The Jams Toronto,ON 09.12.11 HD https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5hzFjwEsWNk
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,155
    wbutler29 said:

No rumors floating from any of the venues North of the border? We are within probably a 30 day window of any potential for a fall run no matter how small.

Well, I've heard things. No Canadian things. But something will be happening this September. It's IMPOSSIBLE for Pearl Jam to just play this November in South America and NOT play any shows prior.

Soon it will be June. Maybe June 10th's 10club newsletter is what we've been waiting for. News of a Pearl Jam tour close to home. Oh how sweet that would be, eh?
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Looking at the past ..... and betting on NYC on 9/26.....Canada makes the most sense. They won't play anywhere on the East Coast as that would take away from attendance at the 9/26 event. Toronto looks promising!
  • Options
    ya im thinking toronto is a for sure.
  • Options
    Baba O'Riley Toronto, ON 09.12.11 HD https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=muDXy-m-SOU
  • Options
    GardLivingston89GardLivingston89 Posts: 942
    edited May 2015
    Why Go Winnipeg, MB 09.17.2011 HD https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UaSMqVnzOcM
    Post edited by GardLivingston89 on
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    I had third row center for Toronto in 2011. Both nights. 9/11/11 was the first time they played Chloe Dancer before Crown of Thorns. That was a trance-like moment. I felt like I was witnessing history. During the opener of Long Road Ed changed the lyrics to "Neil Walk's the long road" for the last verse of the song. Most people (Myself included); did not catch the hint that Uncle Neil would be showing up shortly. Looking forward to making the drive from NJ to Toronto in Sept. Now if they would just announce it. Don't we usually get an announcement after the Memorial Day Weekend???? Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    lets hope so im so ready for a announcement.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,588
    So much optimism in this thread.
  • Options

Well its getting close. Any day now we should find out. The more I look over there past dates the more I think they're coming. Just all there touring almost seems like its in a slight pattern. There's almost no reason why they shouldn't be playing Canada.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,588

Well its getting close. Any day now we should find out. The more I look over there past dates the more I think they're coming. Just all there touring almost seems like its in a slight pattern. There's almost no reason why they shouldn't be playing Canada.
    I hope you are right. They have really only done two Canada tours in 24 years though.

There were a few people though that seem in the know (South American rumors) and there has been no rumor of any Canada dates.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,334

I hope you are right. They have really only done two Canada tours in 24 years though.

There were a few people though that seem in the know (South American rumors) and there has been no rumor of any Canada dates.
    I would argue 3. 1993, 2005, and 2011. 1993 was smallish but they played Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec (and Vancouver shortly thereafter with Mr. Young). I like to think 93, 05, and 11 were Canadian tours.
  • Options
    GardLivingston89GardLivingston89 Posts: 942
    edited May 2015
    ya but also they still play Toronto often guys and its been 4 years. There in Ontario every 2 to 3 years I could definately see them coming.
    Shows Played in Ontario.
    Toronto- 10.29.91
    Toronto- 10.30.91
    Barrie- 08.05.92
    Toronto- 08.18.93
    Toronto- 09.21.96
    Barrie- 08.22.98
    Toronto- 10.05.00
    Toronto- 06.28.03
    Thunder Bay- 09.09.05 to Toronto- 09.19.05
    Toronto- 05.09.06
    Toronto- 05.10.06
    Toronto- 08.21.09
    Toronto- 9.11.11 to Hamilton- 9.15.11
    London- 07.16.13

The most they have gone is 3 years and they normally only go 1 or 2.They have also never gone more then 4 years without playing in Toronto. 2015 makes alot more sense then 2016 because of us fitting in in September. Were going to at least see a Toronto show.

Post edited by GardLivingston89 on
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    I think there are some fine conspiracy theorists and big dreamers in this thread...

But since I missed both Toronto 2011 shows due to work, I'll join in on the faithin' and hopin'...
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    its not necessarily conspiracy theory its the past and whats happened in previous tours
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    demetrios said:

wbutler29 said:

Well, I've heard things. No Canadian things. But something will be happening this September. It's IMPOSSIBLE for Pearl Jam to just play this November in South America and NOT play any shows prior.

Soon it will be June. Maybe June 10th's 10club newsletter is what we've been waiting for. News of a Pearl Jam tour close to home. Oh how sweet that would be, eh?

Wow. Haven't checked in here in a while but this seems like the most promising news heard in a while. Fingers crossed. It's gonna cost so much to go to Mexico/Central/south amer and too much time off to go. Really hopin for something else so I don't have to make that decision!
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    Sarah said:

I think there are some fine conspiracy theorists and big dreamers in this thread...

But since I missed both Toronto 2011 shows due to work, I'll join in on the faithin' and hopin'...

I'm a dreamer. Who would of ever thought Pearl Jam would play my hometown of Halifax, Nova Scotia? I mean seriously? It was unfuckinbelievable!!! :)

But yeah, I just can't see Pearl Jam just play a whole month in Latin America and not play show's prior close to home. To play 9 show's in Latin America and not once play in the USA? Impossible. It does look promising they will be playing the Global Citizen Festival. PJ has been offering free GC tickets since the start of there '13 tour. They are due to play for them.
  • Options
    Immortality Hamilton,ON 09.15.11 HD http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-VRgdz8bBkI
  • Options
    Jeremy Halifax, Nova Scotia 09.22.05 HD http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TqxFld87IiY
  • Options

Jeremy Halifax, Nova Scotia 09.22.05 HD http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TqxFld87IiY

Lovely!!! My home town. :)
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    they all have families now. not holding my breath.
  • Options
    true but theyve took a year off before tthre scheduled to play again
  • Options
    Of The Girl Toronto, ON 08.21.09 HD http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2bxi-OLkI3Q
  • Options
    Off He Goes Ottawa, ON 09.14.11 HD http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pwcfqFQU2C0