What was your wedding song?

Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
edited September 2015 in All Encompassing Trip
I ask as my wife was beyond pissed at the kids last night after she had planned a huge easter planned for them. So for some reason I put on Fade into you from Mazzy Star this morning which happened to be our wedding song which cheered her right up. We haven't listened to it in at least 10 years so it put a big smile on her face remembering us in our early 20's thinking we would change the world together. It had just come out before we met and I had the CD. I played it for her during our early dating period and it instantly became our love song together. I remember at the wedding the DJ didn't have it (we told him it would be our first dance song) so I had to run out to the car and grab the CD. It of course skipped as it had been listened to so many times but didnt ruin the moment.

So what was your wedding song and why did you choose it?
Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
Fuckus rules all
Rob
Seattle
Post edited by Amongst the Ani on

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Wow. That is one of my favorites and it's been a damn long time since I've listened to it.

Thanks for the reminder - this'll be in the cue, come the inevitable morning-music feed.

We didn't have a wedding song - got married at the courthouse, the two of us alone - but after, we blasted the music of the band through whom we met.

I believe we cranked In My Tree and Hail Hail.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,902
    got married on a beach in Tortola BVI. no music, but we did have sunburned strangers throwing rice at us.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    I actually don't remember
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    imalive said:

got married on a beach in Tortola BVI. no music, but we did have sunburned strangers throwing rice at us.

Hopefully not randomly and just for the hell of it.
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    We didn't have music at our wedding as we got married at a public park...but our song...that we first slow danced to...the weekend I met his entire family at his sister's wedding was Journey ~ Faithfully...and whenever that comes on the radio I get all mushy lovely dovey...lol it will always be our song...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Never been married. If I ever do tie the knot, it would have to be another one bites the dust. Marriage is the number one cause of divorce. I kid, I kid...sort of.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    All right, I'll own up. Avalon, by Roxy Music. Sort of cheesy, I know, but we still love Roxy Music.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Never been married.. Highly doubt it will ever happen. So
    Non applicable here! But great stories! And I enjoy reading them!
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    We eloped and got married by a biker priest in his crumpy little house, so there was no music. Afterwards, we went to see Eddie solo (we married in Memphis), so that was some kind of wedding music. "Our" song, which was also played at the wedding party we threw months later for the fam is You Are by a certain band we all like. It is also engraved in our wedding bands. We listened to it a lot while we were still dating long distance, it helped us through tough times :smile:
    It meant so much when PJ played it in Berlin for the lovers.
  • We eloped and got married by a biker priest in his crumpy little house, so there was no music. Afterwards, we went to see Eddie solo (we married in Memphis), so that was some kind of wedding music. "Our" song, which was also played at the wedding party we threw months later for the fam is You Are by a certain band we all like. It is also engraved in our wedding bands. We listened to it a lot while we were still dating long distance, it helped us through tough times :smile:

IF ever there were a man saintly enough to agree to share a life with me, this would be the song I choose! I absolutely love this song!
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Thank You by Led Zeppelin. Part of it was on our wedding invite, too.
    "If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me."
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

We eloped and got married by a biker priest in his crumpy little house, so there was no music. Afterwards, we went to see Eddie solo (we married in Memphis), so that was some kind of wedding music. "Our" song, which was also played at the wedding party we threw months later for the fam is You Are by a certain band we all like. It is also engraved in our wedding bands. We listened to it a lot while we were still dating long distance, it helped us through tough times :smile:

Who would've guessed Cav has a sappy side. Fuck the wings. Haha
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,902
    deadendp said:

Thank You by Led Zeppelin. Part of it was on our wedding invite, too.

"If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me."

nice :clap:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Thin Air - Pearl Jam
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    Longing to Belong- EV
  • Longing to Belong- EV

Another great selection!
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Okay, I'm starting to realize that the implied title was "What was you PJ/EV wedding song?" Too bad I didn't get the memo before I answered :blush:
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • ^^^^^^^Not at all. I didn't have a PJ/EV song as my wife and I found something else first. Why my wife loves many songs from EV and PJ (I of course love almost all) we had found something else first.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    edited April 2015
    Wife's processional song: "Maybe I'm Amazed" (instrumental) - P. McCartney
    My Processional song: "Handbags and Glad rags" (instrumental) - Rod Stewart
    Recessional: "Happy" - Travis / "Everything is in its right place" - Radiohead
    Our entrance to wedding reception - Baba O'Reilly
    First dance "And I love her" - The Beatles
    Post edited by JOEJOEJOE on
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    At our wedding I had the ultimate tough guy song,that's right a little Bette Midler"wind beneath my wings"so that was something.Played by a solo guitarist.

But in High school our songs were"all my love" by Zeppelin and "Stone In Love" by Journey

We most recognize" Everlong" by our favorite band Foo Fighters as our main love Jam.

I have the double FF and "Breathe out,So I can Breathe you In"lyrics inked on my arm it has that much meaning.
    And finally my wife's name is Sharon ,hence the nickname of Sharona,
    so the ringtone on my phone for her is of course "My Sharona" and has been for years.