Vedder / Petty Recordings

jasone6jasone6 Posts: 66
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Greetings fellow PJ fans. First time posting on the board, though I've been a fan for a long time.

I was just wondering if anyone has a recording of Ed and Tom Petty singing "The Waiting," and/or "American Girl" from Summerfest in Milwaukee. I am dying to find this. I was at both shows (my 13th and 14th PJ shows), and the way Ed nailed "The Waiting," on night 1 made it one of my top PJ experiences ever.

While I'm at it, I'll echo some previous posters' thoughts that despite the shortened PJ set, if you're a fan of good solid music and American rock and roll, it's hard to not be absolutely delighted with the PJ/Petty shows. Man...what an experience!

-J
1995: Milwaukee/Summerfest 1; 1998: Indianapolis, Greenville, Knoxville; 2000: Lisbon, London 1 & 2, Detroit, Alpine Valley, Chicago; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Summerfest 1 & 2 (w/ Tom Petty), Sydney 1 & 3, Melbourne 1, 2 & 3; 2007: The Vic, Lollapalooza
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DP13DP13 Posts: 276
    there are some clips at http://www.youtube.com but no full song mp3 or flacs kicking around yet.
  • lluukkiinnlluukkiinn Posts: 93
    I do, but just on cassette. Don't know how to upload it or mp3 it.
    Mine are from the two Denver shows.
    denver 7/2/06 & 7/3/06, chicago 8/5/07
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    i have them both on video. I will extracting the audio soon to an mp3 or something, so i will post back here when i do
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • jasone6jasone6 Posts: 66
    That would be awesome. I would love to see your video clips too, if you're up for sharing. I don't mind extracting the audio myself if you'd rather.

Feel free to upload any and all cool files to my streamload account at http://www.streamload.com/jasonwarth . That would be way cool.

-J
    1995: Milwaukee/Summerfest 1; 1998: Indianapolis, Greenville, Knoxville; 2000: Lisbon, London 1 & 2, Detroit, Alpine Valley, Chicago; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Summerfest 1 & 2 (w/ Tom Petty), Sydney 1 & 3, Melbourne 1, 2 & 3; 2007: The Vic, Lollapalooza
  • gforce33gforce33 Posts: 24
    there is a recording of one of the milwaukee shows on dimeadozen.org, including The Waiting - it is a very good audience recording, well worth the download even if it's only to get this song and American Girl for the PJ fans.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=102066
    Thanks so much to gforce33 and NJChris. These are so awesome to have....

gforce33: I don't belong to dimeadozen, and it looks like they're over their limit at the moment, so I'll keep trying. I would love to have the full audience recording (I'm assuming it includes Petty?)

NJChris: Got a long night of design ahead of me and it's going to be that much more enjoyable thanks to you!

Sending good karma back at you both...

-J
  • IGotShit24IGotShit24 Posts: 68
    hey njchris is are these mp3's from night 1 or night 2?
  • NJChris wrote:

Which show are these from? THanks a million for these!

EDIT: Says on the file they are from theh 30th!
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • lluukkiinnlluukkiinn Posts: 93
    pjamfreak wrote:
    you mean you taped the entire both shows on cassette ?
    yep. old school. i know. still gives me a awesome recording thou.
    denver 7/2/06 & 7/3/06, chicago 8/5/07
  • luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    much thanks :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
    Just wondering if anyone knows if this one is out there. Ed's performance on "The Waiting" this night stood out for me particularly. I'll keep searching, but if anyone finds it, please post.

-J
  • tplier14tplier14 Posts: 18
    If anyone has the mp3 of The Waiting from Summerfest on Night One (6-29)

Please post a link to it or MSG me!!!!

I thought that version was awesome in person and would like to have the recording!!!!!

Thanks a lot!
    tplier14: please let me know if you find this, and I will do the same.
  • And if either of you 2 find it let me know too!
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,341
    NJChris wrote:

Argh! Not working anymore.

Any else able to post them? Been waiting for these all week.

(Thanks anyway NJChris!)
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Argh! Not working anymore.

Any else able to post them? Been waiting for these all week.

(Thanks anyway NJChris!)

I am listening to "The Waiting" right now.

Damn ... you can't even hear Petty ... ;)
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • NJChris wrote:

anyone know how to save without a stream ripper?

i don't get the option of "save target as" with these?

:( :( :(
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
    Kids... Allow me to lend a hand since one was lent so willingly to me. I was able to grab the full Petty set (6.30.06) from the link above in FLAC. If you don't mind it being .mp3, it will be up on my streamload account shortly (in about 45 minutes) as a zip file (tagged and everything).

Note: I am not doing this to start distribution of a lesser-quality recording...just if people want to hear it. I am admittedely pretty clueless as to what's cool v. what's frowned upon when it comes to this, so if I'm doing something wrong, someone please let me know and I'll take it down.

http://www.streamload.com/jasonwarth

-J
  • RonForchetteRonForchette Posts: 175
    Thanks a lot for posting this, really great.
    Alpine Valley '92
    Milwaukee 2 '95
    Alpine Valley '00
    Milwaukee 1 '06
  • schwankschwank Posts: 32
    If anyone has the torrent file, is the tracker public? If so email it to me and I'll host the torrent on my own server...

THANKS for posting the MP3, but have to say I'm a FLAC snob and would love those sources! Post em if ya got em!
    Life is Participation in Evolution
    believe you me, i do believe
    The torrent is on dimeadozen. That's where I got it. Wish I could attach it here.