pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
edited June 2018 in All Encompassing Trip
Post edited by pickupyourwill on

Comments

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Has he been fixed yet?
    ELITIST FUK
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    Yes, he has been fixed. So he is a little less crazy than before. And he's been to obedience classes but we didn't keep up with all the commands. He listens good--I think that's the nature of his breed. He's just like a toddler--packed full of energy most of the time. But I really think it is getting better.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,902
    we've had two Goldens......the first had complete "see ya later" house privileges at 8 months....the second couldn't be trusted until 2.5 years :tired_face:

the first could be shamed....not the second....both were fantastic dogs :smiley:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I have a chocolate lab...he didn't 'mellow out' until...oh just a few years ago. He's still outta control when people come over.

He'll be 11 in September.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    imalive said:

we've had two Goldens......the first had complete "see ya later" house privileges at 8 months....the second couldn't be trusted until 2.5 years :tired_face:

the first could be shamed....not the second....both were fantastic dogs :smiley:

We can trust him when we're gone which is good--except for the bedrooms. Its nice to know that the 2 to2.5 yr mark is in the near future.

RKCNDY said:

I have a chocolate lab...he didn't 'mellow out' until...oh just a few years ago. He's still outta control when people come over.

Is he out of control when they first get there but then chills out after they've been there awhile?--that's how our dog is.

Right now my son is the same weight as the dog. I'm hoping that things will get a little better when my son is bigger than the dog and can provide more help.

RKCNDY said:

Is he out of control when they first get there but then chills out after they've been there awhile?--that's how our dog is.

Right now my son is the same weight as the dog. I'm hoping that things will get a little better when my son is bigger than the dog and can provide more help.

it depends on who it is...he really really really likes the young college age guys, or the guys who are the really loud fun social types. He just gets so excited and does the 'monkey butt run'-when he tucks his tail and scrunches up his back end and runs around the house as fast as he can.
    He does mellow out after a while, but when he was a puppy, he would just get so excited and knock little kids over.

Right now is the time to be firm and strict, sure he's cute, but when my dog was a puppy, Mr. RK didn't want to give rules, and now he knows that you have to give rules when they are young. He's still getting into trouble-like digging in the garden and pulling up plants-and I swear has selective hearing, ,the dog, not Mr. RK (ok Mr. RK has selective hearing as well).
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,902
    RKCNDY said:

haha! remember dcfaithful? he's coming over any minute now and Piper will go crazy :lol:

pickupyourwill - I'm sure you are aware "a tired dog is a good dog; an exhausted dog is a great dog." my current 13 month old Aussie goes to the park daily and most saturdays she does 1-2 hours of "puppy play" with a whole mess of other dogs....she's the old lady of the bunch.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

RKCNDY said:

haha! remember dcfaithful? he's coming over any minute now and Piper will go crazy :lol:

pickupyourwill - I'm sure you are aware "a tired dog is a good dog; an exhausted dog is a great dog." my current 13 month old Aussie goes to the park daily and most saturdays she does 1-2 hours of "puppy play" with a whole mess of other dogs....she's the old lady of the bunch.

DAVEY! tell Dave I said, "HI!"

miss that guy...

- Christopher McCandless
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    RKCNDY said:

imalive said:

RKCNDY said:

DAVEY! tell Dave I said, "HI!"

miss that guy...
    Tell Dave hello!

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    imalive said:

RKCNDY said:

I wish we had a dog park close by. The closest one I know of is an hour away. But yes, he has kept me in shape with all the exercise he needs. Wearing him out is key. ;)

RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

it depends on who it is...he really really really likes the young college age guys, or the guys who are the really loud fun social types. He just gets so excited and does the 'monkey butt run'-when he tucks his tail and scrunches up his back end and runs around the house as fast as he can.
    He does mellow out after a while, but when he was a puppy, he would just get so excited and knock little kids over.

Right now is the time to be firm and strict, sure he's cute, but when my dog was a puppy, Mr. RK didn't want to give rules, and now he knows that you have to give rules when they are young. He's still getting into trouble-like digging in the garden and pulling up plants-and I swear has selective hearing, ,the dog, not Mr. RK (ok Mr. RK has selective hearing as well).
    lol