What inspired your username?

Ok, so mine, is PJ...DUH...and Siren is from the song and the mythical creature...the song is my favorite off of LB and then I thought about the fact that Eddie loves the ocean and Sirens live in the ocean and came up with my username...

I know some usernames are kind obvious lyrics, but I'd still love to hear how/what made you decide on that...?
Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
Tattooed Dissident!

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Its my name.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,839
    Ledbetter (as in Yellow Ledbetter) + man (as in Better Man) + 10 (as in the name of the first album) = Ledbetterman10.....my AOL Instant Messager username from 1997ish
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    edited April 2015
    Why Go. Can relate to the lyrics. Was put away at a young age for a little while, for more or less smoking too much reefer.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • mine was based on a song by john lennon that i remember loving as a kid. turns out ed covered it right about the time i signed up on here again. i was 27 when i signed up.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Very cool, I feel like I'm getting a little insight into you all! :wink:

Ledbetter (as in Yellow Ledbetter) + man (as in Better Man) + 10 (as in the name of the first album) = Ledbetterman10.....my AOL Instant Messager username from 1997ish

Oh Lord, I had so many usernames back in the good old AOL days! lol My PJ inspired one had Corduroy in it...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    Stone
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Corduroy
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Stone

Lmfao!! You crack me up sometimes! Are these immediate smart ads remarks? Or do you thnk on them some before posting the comic genius that is often your answer to things asked here?? Just curious..

Corduroy

Yes, I've had Corduroy stuck in my head for days since you explained it to me...lol :tongue:
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    edited April 2015
    Mine is obvious.. I've had this username within 37 internet media formats.. Including this one. However this is the only place that I hang out online anymore. When
    I chose it for here, I had realized how apropo it seemed to type conversations as Whispering Hands.. Other PJ related UNs have included, Iamtheshoreline, The_Thread, JeremeysPistol, BlackOceans, and InMyTree.. Funny what makes us think of these things Huh?
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    edited April 2015
    Here's mine.
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/5768469#Comment_5768469

We'll skip it because you have to hunt around on that page. I'll just make it easier:
    Honestly, I go by something completely different in other forms of social media. I don't know what made me use this old one here, but I'll give you a story you didn't ask for. Deadendp comes from the old Gateway days when they would only allow 8 letters for the email name. My studio name out of college was Dead End Press.

Why Dead End Press?

Well, I'm not a yes woman. (Probably why I get the "dude" comment on here a lot.) I did my junior review and because I didn't kiss the ass of the prof who thought that he was better than God (or whatever your chosen religious figure is), but had the backing of my advisor, I failed my review. I wasn't going to conform and do what this prof wanted me to do because dammit, I was in art school and isn't art school about thinking OUTSIDE of the box? (He really was an ass and even my advisor, my printmaking prof for 5 years, said that.) I changed my degree to Bachelor of Arts with a concentration in Printmaking instead of Bachelor of Fine Arts. I know many artists without a degree at all and I didn't see that one letter would make a difference if it meant that I had to sell my soul to Paul O. Rrrr. The whole ordeal made me angry and I felt that I had hit-- you guessed it-- a dead end of sorts.

And now, I live on a dead end street. So, though the studio name has changed, it would still very much apply. Just in a different way. ;)
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405

Stone

HAHAHA!!!

for me, my initials.....and the year I actually joined the forum & started posting. so, mfc2006. my name is Matt, btw.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    mfc2006 said:

Stone

HAHAHA!!!

for me, my initials.....and the year I actually joined the forum & started posting. so, mfc2006. my name is Matt, btw.

And I thought it was the song. Do you at least like MFC?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    edited April 2015
    Mine is the (perceived by me) way an American would write my name, Lisa. I used to be Leeze, but when I got to know and love Cavstarr313 from these boards, we mingled our names at one point. He became Caveeze and I became Leezestarr313. I moved from Germany to the Detroit area and we are married now (and because it is so much harder to change your name on here now), I kept the name. I like it and it fits. Hubs changed back to his original name too.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    I always find it interesting to see what names people choose on here. There are some awesome word plays and also some where when I hear the song, I immediately have a poster on my head. Then there is the other camp who chooses a pun or playful way with their real name, like me or Matt. and then there are the people who just have a weird combo of letters and numbers. Very interesting.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I skimmed all 7 pages of that thread lol. Mine is a hhgttg reference.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    It's a very powerful lyric to me. It's meaning has changed over the years but remains something that gives me personal strength and perseverance in so many ways and not in the obvious ways you might be thinking. The significance of Betterman has evolved with me over the years in a very positive and empowering way just like so many other pj songs

There's no one else who needs to know....
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2

Mine is the (perceived by me) way an American would write my name, Lisa. I used to be Leeze, but when I got to know and love Cavstarr313 from these boards, we mingled our names at one point. He became Caveeze and I became Leezestarr313. I moved from Germany to the Detroit area and we are married now (and because it is so much harder to change your name on here now), I kept the name. I like it and it fits. Hubs changed back to his original name too.

I didn't know that that's why you moved here, that's so awesome! I love it!
    Tattooed Dissident!

It's a very powerful lyric to me. It's meaning has changed over the years but remains something that gives me personal strength and perseverance in so many ways and not in the obvious ways you might be thinking. The significance of Betterman has evolved with me over the years in a very positive and empowering way just like so many other pj songs

There's no one else who needs to know....

Gotta...I get it! :smile:
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    Pretty simple really, I was born in '76 the year of the dragon and I have lived the majority of my life somewhere close to the 54th parallel and I love it, Dragon of the North sounds really pretentious to me so northerndragon it was.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,630
    My user name is the backward spelling of the infamous Gold Country scrivener, Xul Nairb who immigrated to California from Burundi in 1850 to seek his fortune during the gold rush. As usual, he was a day late and a dollar short. His memoir was etched in epic dust.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I wanted a name nobody could figure out how to say or pronounce.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

I call you rockcandy....lol :wink:
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    RKCNDY said:

What, it's not pronounced rock candy? :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Posts: 12,158
    edited April 2015
    I think of your name as RKCNDY in Cincinna-a-ti......

Same number of syllables, too.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

RKCNDY said:

What, it's not pronounced rock candy? :lol:
    :lol: it is, I still get some people who don't know how to pronounce it.
    It's great when people actually bring me rock candy when they meet me. I like grape and strawberry.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Been a diehard mets fan all my life and when Gary Carter died a few years ago, I wanted to honor him and so thusly my board name
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    It's my name.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    HR and the greatest punk band of all time. If you've never heard of them, you don't know punk. Haha