Options

What (other) bootlegs are you listening to right now?

Comments

• Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    Yet another day of hockey playoffs and Pumpkins shows, lol. Got through Chicago 1995-02-28, now on to San Francisco 1996-02-06.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    Still on the Pumpkins, listened to Vancouver 1997-01-08 watching the Habs-Sens game (I think this one's the best of my Pumpkins, both in terms of sound and performance), now it's on to Detroit 1999-04-10 while watching the Canucks-Flames (this one's pretty glitchy, since my apparent intent at the time was to have an SP show from each year (at least 1988-2000, lol), this one might get replaced, lol).

• Options
    pjfaninindianapjfaninindiana Northeast Indiana Posts: 311
    Zwan - Columbia, MO 2002

Really good show. Billy was in a great mood and the crowd was really into it. Almost as if they already knew the songs. Features a great cover of The Kinks' "All Day and All of the Night"
  • Options

Zwan - Columbia, MO 2002

Really good show. Billy was in a great mood and the crowd was really into it. Almost as if they already knew the songs. Features a great cover of The Kinks' "All Day and All of the Night"

Sweet, listening to all these shows has highlighted to me how (in my head, lol) Pearl Jam are more Led Zeppelin and the Pumpkins (or maybe just Billy Corgan, lol?) are Pink Floyd (especially Syd Barrett-era Floyd) in terms of their respective sound. Appels + Oranjes, lol.

Had no internet for three days, so I missed posting about the shows I listened to watching the hockey, lol. Replaced the Pumpkins Detroit show with Pittsburgh 1999-04-17, followed by Detroit 2007-10-17.

Then moved on to a Grateful Dead "reunion" show (billed as The Dead), Deadheads For Obama, the Warfield, 2-4-08. An excellent show, though like the bonus tracks with the Led Zeppelin reissues, it's often about what's missing, namely Jerry Garcia. Followed that with a Dead show from Hamilton, Canada, 1990-03-21.

After that it was something that can only be called a bootleg for a bit longer, the Smashing Pumpkins' Machina II: friends and enemies of modern music (album and EPs).

The Pumpkins shows I had led me to grab a few more PJ shows so that I have them represented by a show from every year, so that'll be the next couple days, then I'll be back here to finish off my "bootleg odyssey" (it'll be 110 shows listened to since early February) with my 2 "ticket shows" (ones that the album artwork is my ticket stub, lol).

• Options
    First ticket show was Toronto, 1991-10-30, Pearl Jam opening for the Smashing Pumpkins who opened for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, what a night it was, my introduction to the mosh pit, lol.

Now listening to Hamilton, 1992-03-21, the Grateful Dead, the night that introduced me to the sweet smoke, lol.

• Options

Zwan - Columbia, MO 2002

Sweet, listening to all these shows has highlighted to me how (in my head, lol) Pearl Jam are more Led Zeppelin and the Pumpkins (or maybe just Billy Corgan, lol?) are Pink Floyd (especially Syd Barrett-era Floyd) in terms of their respective sound. Appels + Oranjes, lol.

Had no internet for three days, so I missed posting about the shows I listened to watching the hockey, lol. Replaced the Pumpkins Detroit show with Pittsburgh 1999-04-17, followed by Detroit 2007-10-17.

Then moved on to a Grateful Dead "reunion" show (billed as The Dead), Deadheads For Obama, the Warfield, 2-4-08. An excellent show, though like the bonus tracks with the Led Zeppelin reissues, it's often about what's missing, namely Jerry Garcia. Followed that with a Dead show from Hamilton, Canada, 1990-03-21.

After that it was something that can only be called a bootleg for a bit longer, the Smashing Pumpkins' Machina II: friends and enemies of modern music (album and EPs).

The Pumpkins shows I had led me to grab a few more PJ shows so that I have them represented by a show from every year, so that'll be the next couple days, then I'll be back here to finish off my "bootleg odyssey" (it'll be 110 shows listened to since early February) with my 2 "ticket shows" (ones that the album artwork is my ticket stub, lol).
    Hmm, interesting observation between PJ and SP. Or, well, may as well call it Billy because who really knows what James and Darcy did lol. I totally love the song Appels + Oranjes by the way, as well as the Adore album.

I liked a lot of the Machina II, Let Me Give The World To You is great! As is Innosense. I really liked the James song Go as well. Probably my favorite song of his. However, I absolutely loved the original Machina album, and still do. I wish it was appreciated more!
  • Options
    REM - Milton Keynes 1995

Very solid performance all around. A lot of times Michael Stipe kept saying, "Here's another song" or kept describing something as " pretty cool", which I found amusing. Show features Undertow and Departure, which would go on to be on their next album New Adventures in Hi Fi in 1996, as well as a song called Revolution which later appears on the Batman & Robin soundtrack in 1997.
  • Options
    Finally managed to get to the DMB Live at the Gorge box set last week. 3 shows from 2002. I was on a roll lol.
  • Options

Finally managed to get to the DMB Live at the Gorge box set last week. 3 shows from 2002. I was on a roll lol.

Nice, I've still got that concert I dvr'd to watch. Stupid hockey playoffs, eating up so much of my viewing hours for the next month, lol. (Could I be any more stereotypically Canadian, eh, lol?)

• Options

Nice, I've still got that concert I dvr'd to watch. Stupid hockey playoffs, eating up so much of my viewing hours for the next month, lol. (Could I be any more stereotypically Canadian, eh, lol?)
    I know what ya mean haha. Been keeping up with the basketball playoffs so that definitely is time consuming. I spun another DMB show today. Salem, OR 5-5-1995 to celebrate it's 20th anniversary.
  • Options
    Smashing Pumpkins - Cleveland 2008. Very mellow and laid back opening to the show, like PJ shows now days. 99 Floors, Owata, Sunkissed, and A Song For A Son open the show. Very nice! Superchrist kicked serious ass as always. Really fun encore with We Only Come Out At Night (featuring kazoos lol) and Everything is Beautiful.
  • Options
    Finally got around to properly researching Zeppelin's Badgeholders concert, what's floating around as "For Badgeholders Only" is, in fact an amalgam of that show and the beginning of "Listen To This, Eddie" (because Mike Millard missed the beginning of the show). The complete June 23 1977 show is circulating as "Sgt. Page's Badgeholders Club Band," sourced from Millard's recording and filled in from another audience source. I'll be listening to Sgt. Page's while out and about this evening.
    Still going to bug my buddy to rip my vinyl copy into mp3s though, lol.

• Options
    The Cure - Rio De Janeiro 1996. Show features a few tracks from Wild Mood Swings which had not been released yet. Closes with a 13 and a half minute version of A Forest!! Fuckin cool!
  • Options
    The Cure - Los Angeles 1996. A good mix of new songs at the time and classics. A good version of Why Can't I Be You with a Lovecats tag thrown in. The band also filmed a music video for the song Gone during this show.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,450
    SEX PISTOLS
    September 17, 1976
    HM Prison Chelmsford
    Essex, England, United Kingdom

01. Anarchy In The UK
    02. I Wanna Be Me
    03. Seventeen
    04. New York
    05. Don't Gimme No Lip Child [Dave Berry]
    06. (I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone [Paul Revere & The Raiders]
    07. Satellite
    08. Submission
    09. Liar
    10. Substitute [The Who]
    11. Pretty Vacant
    12. Problems
    13. No Fun [The Stooges]
    14. Did You No Wrong

Got this for a friend of mine. I really don't know too much about the Sex Pistols.

• Options
    Paul Rodgers: vocals
    Reeves Gabrels: guitar
    Slash: guitar track 19 and 20
    Tony Franklin: bass
    Tony Thompson: drums

the Troubador
    West Hollywood, Ca.
    May 21, 1993
    Superstars in Concert FM broadcast
    runtime: 69:23 (minutes/seconds)

setlist:
    1: radio intro :30
    2: can't get enough 3:31
    3: Louisiana blues 4:01
    4: purple haze 3:44
    5: announcer :18
    6: Muddy Waters blues 4:25
    7: wishing well 4:11
    8: fire and water 3:40
    9: Mr. Big 4:42
    10: shooting star 4:55
    11: announcer :08
    12: fire 3:33
    13: band intros :17
    14: Little Wing 5:36 (end applause spliced, tape flip)
    15: stone free/Third stone From The Sun 6:28
    16: foxy lady 3:22
    17: bad company 5:47
    18: announcer :15
    19: the hunter (w/Slash) 3:53
    20: all right now and announcer outro
  • Options
    Spun two more Cure shows this week. Both from London this past December. I believe the dates were the 21st and 22nd. Both were 3 hour shows. Basically the same setlist except for a song or two maybe. And the running order was different. They still sound great!! I wish they would tour North America and bring us these marathon shows!
  • Options
    Smashing Pumpkins Hong Kong 2013. Holy shit what a show this was!! I was totally bummed that this lineup did not last. Mike is a killer drummer and Oceania is a fantastic record. Of course as an SP fan, i'm beyond thrilled that Jimmy is back for this summer tour. Hope he decides to stay!!
  • Options
    SBD too:

Jimi Hendrix - 1969-02-18 - Royal Albert Hall, London (EAT 34-35)

DISC-1
    101. Introduction
    102. Tax Free
    103. Fire
    104. Hear My Train A Comin'
    105. Foxy Lady
    106. Red House

DISC-2
    201. Sunshine Of Your Love
    202. Spanish Castle Magic / Message To Love
    203. Star Spangled Banner
    204. Purple Haze
    205. Final Speak
    206. Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)

Jimi Hendrix – lead vocals, guitar
    Mitch Mitchell – drums
    Noel Redding – bass guitar, backing vocals
  • Options
    DMB - Chicago 1 2010. The first of two nights at Wrigley. Nice covers of Burning Down the House and Needle and the Damage Done. Really cool cover of All Along the Watchtower that features a portion of Stairway to Heaven. Awesome show!
  • Options
    And now for the second DMB Wrigley show from 2010
  • Options
    Primus - Columbus, OH 2012
  • Options
    The Pretenders
    Tower Theater
    Upper Darby, PA.
    April 18, 1984
  • Options
    Primus - Bridgeport, CT 2010
  • Options
    R.E.M. - Berlin 2008
  • Options
    Guided By Voices - Cincinnati 2010.
  • Options
    Smashing Pumpkins - Halloween show from Columbus, OH 2008
  • Options
    Been awhile since I listened to non-PJ boots, but just downloaded a few Nirvana shows. Currently listening to one from 1990 titled Murder By Guitar, part show from November 17 of that year, with some demos from an aborted second album for SubPop.

• Options
    Now on to the Hollywood Rock Festival in Rio de Janeiro, 1993. I have to say, I'm impressed with the sound quality of the shows I grabbed, and it's reminded me how much I love Nirvana's music.

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    was listening to perth was ok but would rather hear any paris gigs