Options

Ryan Adams Box set

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    The boxset arrived a few days ago....sounds amazing & great packaging. Only 1/6 of the way through it so far, but I'm glad that I bought it! Wow.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Yeah, I'm not through it but so far it sounds fantastic. No brainer of a purchase.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,983
    Outside of weaker setlists, its an outstanding release. Everything is perfect. Great pressing.

• Options
    nicky-p38nicky-p38 Posts: 394
    Does anyone have a first pressing of this they would like to sell?

I have the worst luck with Ryan Adams vinyl. After missing out on Live After Deaf, I missed the first pressing of this one. I bought one on ebay (while the second pressing was being released); then found a first pressing for cost. I asked the seller to cancel my order, he basically told me to go to hell and refused.

So I passed on the one for cost AND the second pressing. Then a month later, get a message saying he can't fulfill my order and it was being cancelled. So, at this point I missed out on everything...I don't think I'm meant to own Ryan's vinyl.
  • Options
    nicky-p38 said:

I have the worst luck with Ryan Adams vinyl. After missing out on Live After Deaf, I missed the first pressing of this one. I bought one on ebay (while the second pressing was being released); then found a first pressing for cost. I asked the seller to cancel my order, he basically told me to go to hell and refused.

So I passed on the one for cost AND the second pressing. Then a month later, get a message saying he can't fulfill my order and it was being cancelled. So, at this point I missed out on everything...I don't think I'm meant to own Ryan's vinyl.

wow. that sucks. just keep your eyes peeled...while I doubt you'll score one for cost, you may be able to get one for a little bit more than that. it was pure luck that I saw a friend's post on facebook as soon as the 1st pressing went on sale, so I grabbed one. it really does sound great & I hope you get one soon!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    nicky-p38 said:

Are you into the first press to collect? The contents between first and second press are identical other than the vinyl label, so if you're dying for the box, you should really snap the second press up (a bunch of places still have them available for pre-order). If it's because you're a collector, I completely get where you are coming from. I had a total meltdown after I missed out (due to my own doing no less) and proceeded to pre-order from every possible site it was available.

Also, the prices of the first press on eBay have come down significantly so if you have your heart set on the first press, you can probably get it for something not insane like what they were before. Good luck!
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    edited April 2015
    nicky-p38 said:

Spoonful Records in Columbus Ohio had one. Not sure if it sold yet... 614-586-1918. If they don't ship, pm me.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

Are you into the first press to collect? The contents between first and second press are identical other than the vinyl label, so if you're dying for the box, you should really snap the second press up (a bunch of places still have them available for pre-order). If it's because you're a collector, I completely get where you are coming from. I had a total meltdown after I missed out (due to my own doing no less) and proceeded to pre-order from every possible site it was available.

Also, the prices of the first press on eBay have come down significantly so if you have your heart set on the first press, you can probably get it for something not insane like what they were before. Good luck!

I'd really prefer the first press. It was only a few more dollars than the 2nd when I bought it so I figured why not. If I can't find it for a decent price now, I'll prob settle for 2nd.
  • Options

nicky-p38 said:

Spoonful Records in Columbus Ohio had one. Not sure if it sold yet... 614-586-1918. If they don't ship, pm me.

Cool. I'll give them a call and see if they still have it. Thanks!
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    nicky-p38 said:

nicky-p38 said:

Cool. I'll give them a call and see if they still have it. Thanks!
    Good luck. Ask for Brett
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    The summer of 69 cover was pretty awesome after all those years from the incident.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    Anybody receive or have an update on the 2nd press? If I remember correctly it was to be a June/July ship date..
    Atlanta 2003
    Columbia 2008
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Greenville 2016
  • Options
    Nowhere ManNowhere Man Posts: 345

Anybody receive or have an update on the 2nd press? If I remember correctly it was to be a June/July ship date..

My amazon order says 1 to 2 months, but they said that 2 months ago when I ordered it. So hopefully we see it but the end of this month!
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Bull moose already has the second pressing for sale
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    I received my 2nd press from Elusive Disc. I also know Soundstage has shipped, plus I've seen them in record stores.

For the completist, Urban Outfitters (cringe) has an alternate cover to Ten Songs exclusive to them. Not sure why but they do!

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=35979855
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,657
    Just pulled the trigger on the box set last night while listening to Ten Songs. Got it for $108. Thought that was less than 20 bucks per vinyl and i've heard it sounds awesome. Can't wait for it to arrive.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,060
    When does the 2nd print come out?
  • Options

It's already available. I haven't received mine from PaxAm, but I've seen it at bull moose locations

PJ:
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

• Options
    jervin007 said:

It's already available. I haven't received mine from PaxAm, but I've seen it at bull moose locations

OK thanks. Was wondering why I hadn't received mine yet.

• Options
    Looks like there were production issues for the 2nd Pressing through PaxAm and those who ordered it won't get it until October.

However, PaxAm is sending those who ordered a free copy of the 10 songs live from Carnegie Hall LP. Pretty classy move
    PJ:

• Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    received mine this week in Canada
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee said:

received mine this week in Canada

Via PaxAm? Fortunately I was able to get a first edition copy from bullmoose, but my order for the second edition had already been processed.

Live At Carnegie Hall Vinyl Box Set - 2nd Pressing
    Dear fans:

We want to thank you for your pre-order of the 2nd Pressing of the Live At Carnegie Hall Box set. Unfortunately there was a miscue at the production warehouse which has caused a delay in fulfilling a number of these orders. We are extremely sorry for this, and realize that it punishes the fans who pre-ordered the box set. We are working to get the problem rectified as quickly as possible, and are expecting to ship your order in early October.

As a small token of apology, we are sending you a free copy of the 10 Songs Live From Carnegie Hall vinyl. We will be sending these out next week to the shipping address of your original order. If you have any questions, or wish to change the shipping address please write in to carnegieboxset@shopfirebrand.com.

We can't apologize enough for the delay. Thank you for your patience and support.
    PJ:

• Options
    That's pretty cool of them!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    I have received mine from PaxAm. Actually emailed them a few weeks ago for a status update and they quickly replied that it would ship within the week. And no mention of a delay, so I guess not everyone affected.
    Atlanta 2003
    Columbia 2008
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Greenville 2016
  • Options
    I got my Pax Am second press too, I think it was 2 weeks ago.
    Seems weird to me that Pax Am orders were the last to be fulfilled plus there are some who haven't even received. Other retailers have long shipped the 2nd presses and still have them available on their sites.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    Grabbed a 2nd press at my record store a couple of weeks ago...

He received another this week if anyone wants one...
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

I got my Pax Am second press too, I think it was 2 weeks ago.
    Seems weird to me that Pax Am orders were the last to be fulfilled plus there are some who haven't even received. Other retailers have long shipped the 2nd presses and still have them available on their sites.

I agree. It has been available at my local store for a month. They even received theirs before the expected release date. Yet PaxAm is having orders pushed back to October

PJ:

• Options
    I just got in the mail two of the "10 songs live" records. I don't remember ordering two box sets though… Anywho they put a big ass cool sticker that says "not for sale". Good for them!

Now hopefully my box set comes soon. :-)
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,770
    Two at my record store they have a couple blue label second presses.

I'm on the fence, I have ten songs from Carnegie and it's amazing but do I need 6lps? Is it worth it guys?
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,983
    Do you love the other songs that aren't those 10? I'd say yes.