edited April 2015 in All Encompassing Trip
really looking forward to this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kUK-5mbuK0
aqo2t.jpg
Post edited by pjradio on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    edited March 2015
    I would see it...looks interesting.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,764
    Read an article on it. Sounds great. Real insight into the person not the rockstar.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,524
    no involvement from Courtney? sounds good to me. interested to hear this unreleased 12 minute acoustic song that will be on the soundtrack. I thought we were already told "every song he recorded is out there, the vault is empty". so where did this one come from? if only he had spent as much time in the studio as Jimi had.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

no involvement from Courtney? sounds good to me. interested to hear this unreleased 12 minute acoustic song that will be on the soundtrack. I thought we were already told "every song he recorded is out there, the vault is empty". so where did this one come from? if only he had spent as much time in the studio as Jimi had.

she is interviewed in it as well as others. She gave all this treasure trove of personal stuff to the director and free reign with it.Frances gave permission too.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

she is interviewed in it as well as others. She gave all this treasure trove of personal stuff to the director and free reign with it.Frances gave permission too.
    what I mean is she had no control. she willingly gave it all to the director and frances.

www.headstonesband.com

yep. his previous work had her trust his judgement I guess. this was the article about that I read.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/mar/08/kurt-cobain-nirvana-montage-of-heck-brett-morgen-interview

• samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    It looks really unique and informative--I'm excited to watch it in full when it comes out. Very cool his daughter Frances is executive producer.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • PJ212PJ212 Posts: 822
    Had the opportunity to see it this weekend. It's good, but unsettling. I look forward to the conversation here once more people have seen it.
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 2021: SHN, Ohana 2 & 3, 2022: LA 1 & 2, PHX, OAK 1 & 2, Fresno, MSG, BNA, B&B, STL, OKC, DEN, 2023: MSP 1 & 2, CHI 1 & 2, DFW 2, AUS 1 & 2, 2024: Vancouver 1 & 2, LV 1 & 2, SEA 1 & 2
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    It will be at cinemas across the land over here late April think it was. Can't wait to see it.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    My local cinema is going to show this on the big screen on May 1, and I already have my ticket. :smile:
    ELITIST FUK
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,630
    SD48277 said:

My local cinema is going to show this on the big screen on May 1, and I already have my ticket. :smile:

Oh to see it on the big screen! Sounds like fun! :smile:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Winnipeg big screen showings beginning of may. Cant wait. Bringing the kleenex.

www.headstonesband.com

• petrimppetrimp Posts: 161
    edited April 2015
    I went to see this yesterday at local cinema's 1st screening. Wow... What a powerful document. I liked how the story was told. It's not about Nirvana or a scene history. It was more intimate and really a personal portrait of Kurt via his art, words, music and paintings. Which were used quite cleverly, I might add. Anyways, I loved the Montage of Heck and I'm going to see it again.

Highly recommended! *****

Funnily I hadn't seen any promoting of this screening. I only noticed the screening in the morning and immediately purchased a ticket. Show was only half full, which was a shame :( for PJ20 premier there was more promotion and it was a full house...
    hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...
    got my tickets. next monday!

www.headstonesband.com

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    I don't know. After reading Heavier Than Heaven, I just couldn't take anymore examination of Kurt's life. I was 16 when he suicided and it wasn't until I was in my mid-20s for me to fully understand the story (or the story according to others). The doc does look great, but I am not sure I can watch another story on his suffering and downwards spiral.
    www.cluthelee.com

I don't know. After reading Heavier Than Heaven, I just couldn't take anymore examination of Kurt's life. I was 16 when he suicided and it wasn't until I was in my mid-20s for me to fully understand the story (or the story according to others). The doc does look great, but I am not sure I can watch another story on his suffering and downwards spiral.

that really isn't what it is about though, to my undestanding. the only mention of depression and suicide is apparently just a one line of text at the end of the film, stating his passing. everything else is the examination of the person, not the myth (the downward spiral of the rock star).

Krist isn't even called "fellow bandmate" in the film. when he speaks, the text on the screen reads "Kurt's friend".

I'll let you know what it's like.

www.headstonesband.com

• petrimppetrimp Posts: 161

that really isn't what it is about though, to my undestanding. the only mention of depression and suicide is apparently just a one line of text at the end of the film, stating his passing. everything else is the examination of the person, not the myth (the downward spiral of the rock star).

I can agree with this. It's really about a man and his art. It's a great documentary.

There was an interview of director Brett Morgen after the end credits. At least in our screening. It opens up how he wanted to tackle the project and what to focus on story-wise.
    hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...