The morons at SAE at OU

Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
Before all of you free speech guys jump aboard, these guys should be and are being expelled from Oklahoma University. And for a good reason. These guys have every right to say the n word all day. The university also has every right to not have these kids represent their university by expelling them.

The first amendment protects us from government oppression and arrest for what we say. The question here is since OU is a state sponsored school, do the expelled students have a case if they decided to sue?

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Good question. I don't know what their legal status would be in such a case. What I want to know is, how do morons assholes idiots (ah shit, I'm trying not to do name-calling) like that ever get accepted into college in the first place?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I supposed even racists can get an 1150 on their SATs
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Schools have codes of conduct that you agree to and sign before they admit you.

Hell, BYU suspended one of their top basketball player before the NCAA tourney a few years ago because he had consensual sex with his girlfriend because it was against the bi laws he agreed to.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited March 2015
    Jason P said:

Schools have codes of conduct that you agree to and sign before they admit you.

Hell, BYU suspended one of their top basketball player before the NCAA tourney a few years ago because he had consensual sex with his girlfriend because it was against the bi laws he agreed to.

Well if had had sex with his boyfriend and his girlfriend then he would not have violated any "bi laws".

Bylaws, however, are a completely different thing.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    expelling the entire frat was over the top. the people in question didn't even live on site; they were junior pledges. expel those idiots. don't make some ridiculous example of the club they belong to.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    Two students expelled. Frat lost it's charter at that school. The other students of that frat are still enrolled. As members of the frat though the national chapter still can do some things with them.as it has said it would.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

Two students expelled. Frat lost it's charter at that school. The other students of that frat are still enrolled. As members of the frat though the national chapter still can do some things with them.as it has said it would.

sorry, I mis spoke. I meant expelled from living there. the news piece I watched last night stated the frat house was emptied. they showed the uhaul trucks and the dudes taking the tri delta letters off the building.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    Uni had that right. National chapter cut em loose too. So really they had to vacate regardless. What I do hope is reasonable effort on uni part to help with housing.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

mickeyrat said:

sorry, I mis spoke. I meant expelled from living there. the news piece I watched last night stated the frat house was emptied. they showed the uhaul trucks and the dudes taking the tri delta letters off the building.

Help with housing, sure, but shut 'em down I say. I would like to see an end to live-in frats and sororities. Split them up and maybe the charitable aspect will begin to matter more than partying.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Idiots.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    rr165892 said:

Idiots.

pretty much.

i was in a fraternity in the mid 90s. not all of us are racist misogynists. most of the guys that were in school with me were solid human beings. but then there were some that weren't.

i can't lie though. when i was in school we did some research into the history of our chapter and we learned that there were some cheers/songs.chants, whatever you want to call them, from the 50s and early 60s that we were pretty ashamed of. thankfully by the mid 60s all of those songs/chants had been discontinued.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

rr165892 said:

Idiots.

pretty much.

i was in a fraternity in the mid 90s. not all of us are racist misogynists. most of the guys that were in school with me were solid human beings. but then there were some that weren't.

i can't lie though. when i was in school we did some research into the history of our chapter and we learned that there were some cheers/songs.chants, whatever you want to call them, from the 50s and early 60s that we were pretty ashamed of. thankfully by the mid 60s all of those songs/chants had been discontinued.
    most long-standing insitutions of any ilk have some type of shady and embarassing past. it's evolution, baby.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6886476
    Another disgusting fraternity story, but since this one is about sexual assault, it wont get media traction...too uncomfortable
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    current and future republicans...
    Smellyman said:

current and future republicans...

yikes.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    There was another moron who plays college basketball that uttered a racist comment that was caught on camera ... although instead of being caught on an iphone, it was during a live press conference.